Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel ( Go Tiki )

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

GT

Thanks For Looking! Just in case you didn't! Check out Our latest work, It's called: "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel" This Ceramic sculpt and glaze, Has 20 diiferent color glazes by Dani and Gogo, And Is one of my best art, I think! Of to date for me, It took me a good 4 hours to do the sculpting and a good 4 hours for Dani and Me to glaze, 4 hours Kiln time and Bam! We got a 1/2 rum barrel, 56oz of joy!

I'm not going to make this a production item, It can't be molded and mass produced, But I would be willing to make a serious Tiki collector one, From scratch, Price would be about $150.00 plus shipping cost. There is a good 12-15 hours involved in making this. What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

BS

Something's wrong...yes, I know what it is..

THERE'S NO RUM IN IT!

Just kidding, very nice work.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Oct 1, 2007 6:14 PM

I think your price is way too low. Considering what a nice AP mug or a handmade bowl goes for, and the complexity and originality of this piece (it is flat-out awesome), I think you're selling yourself very short. It would still be a steal at $250. I bet you've got a slew of PMs headed your way!

Awesome! I think you're too cheap, too. I'd go up a bit!

Bitchin!....

T
Tabu posted on Thu, Oct 4, 2007 3:40 PM

That's friggin' awesome. That would hold a drink to put you and 10 of your friends under the table. Great vintage look.

I say raise the price too...but AFTER I buy one!!!......

Yea, that's frickin sweet as hell!

Agree also that your price is too low for handmade like that. That's passion and passion should be rewarded... with praise and money.

Really nice work and great creativity!

GT

Thanks all of you TC'ers for the kind feedback, My price is low for sure, As is with all the ceramics I make, Making ceramics is like a labor of love for me, I don't make ceramics for a living, Or to make a bunch of money, I just break about even, I have a 40 hour plus job! Which keeps me very busy, I just want to share my art with people who share the same passions as me, I collect Tiki mugs too! The reward for me is not the money, It's to see people Enjoy my work, The smile on a face and the Thank You! is priceless, Mahalo! Gogo

GO TIKI makes FUN ceramics and anyone who has collected a piece or two can tell you, these are very well made. Alot of whimsy for sure and not for everyones taste...but Go-Go has it going, slinging the mud, keeping tiki real, affordable and a TON of FUN! :drink:

Deep Sea Rum Barrel is a mutiny waiting to happen!!! :o

I'm getting one...I'm getting one...I'm getting one!!! Great description too...it does look fun indeed. I love art with a twist on whimsy. :)

YEEEE HAAW....got my barrel today and it is a beauty!!! Great size, wonderful sculpting and great colors. Just a fabulous conversation piece and so happy to have it.

Thanks GOTIKI :tiki:

Again Dani and GoGo,

This barrel is amazing! We love ours, again thanks a million!

Soccertiki and I can't wait to get ours :)

M

It's gorgeous.
I can't afford $150.
It's definitely worth much much more.
It's absolutely stunning.
I would be afraid to drink out of it for fear that I would get too tipsy and drop it on the floor when going for a second round.

T

Maybe someone can do a filler up and snap off a few shots of the drink draining down. A great pair of chests in a single mug -love it.

Great Work GOTIKI!
Saw one in the flesh at Sams last week.It was Hinano Paul's and it was Breathtaking!
I couldn't believe the amount of and attention to detail in that bowl! And the Tikis on the outside are the TOPPER!
and the Sand Glaze really looks like sand! WOWZ! Great work!

I saw Go Tiki's awesome barrel too and I Think it is amazing. I really like the mermaid. I also won a Go Tiki pendant @ Sam's. It was nice meeting you and I hope you continue to keep on creating bitchen stuff.

On 2007-10-31 07:17, teaKEY wrote:
A great pair of chests in a single mug -love it.

...I count 3 beautiful chests. I'll definitely take one if they are still available!

Leisure,

I let you have mine for a mere $1,000,000,000.00 :o, Sorry GOGO but I would seriously have to let it go at that price, well now that I think about it it's priceless sorry Leisure.:D

HP, I don't blame you. If I am lucky enough to get my hands on one of these barrels I won't let it go either.

GT

Thank You Vampiress And Hinano Paul, I'm glad you enjoy your barrels, Thanks all of you for the kind feedback, Ken (Love Your Work)- I bet one of the Barrels will end up in NYC someday! Mahalo All Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-11-01 16:00 ]

K

That is a great bowl! I've done a few tiki mugs, and YEP yore probably selling yourself too cheap! I mean, a regular mug goes for a third that, and there's waaay more work in this piece!

Mahalo!

Kelly

M
mieko posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 2:02 PM

Wow, I'm super impressed, that just looks waayy too cool. I gotta see one in action though - pictures with it full of a drink, then the mermaid peeking out slowly as you drink it down? Or do a blue drink so you can see her though the drink?

I used to have a coffee cup with a frog on the bottom of it, I think I have a thing for hidden things at the bottom of a mug. :)

GT

Thanks Mieko, I love your pendants that you make, Very nice work too! Mahalo Gogo

I Love it, love it, love it! can't wait to have mine. I want my mermaid to have light brown hair :roll: Great job Go go & Dani!

me too, me too, me too!!

if you are open to requests, make mine a redhead please. but if you can't that's certainly OK too. can't wait!

C

Very nice!! Congrats!!

GT

On 2007-11-10 06:10, Clarita wrote:
Very nice!! Congrats!!

Thank You, Clarita Mahalo! Gogo

GT

Woooooooo! Lots of work! But fun, #4 sent out, #5 on the way! Going to SoccerTiki and WooHooWahine Thank You! Some Pics of #4, Dani and I added a Seahorse, Different from the first orignal #1, If you want one in time for X-mas hurry-up! I get a lot of e-mails that people want one for X-mas, But it takes Dani and I, 2-3 weeks to make this hand sculpted glazed item. Mahalo! Gogo

Definitely gotta have one. They rock.

GT

Wow! 4 of these I have completed so far, #5 in the kiln today SoccerTiki and WhooHooWahine's, #6-8 is scuplted, These Barrels sure do take a lot of time and effort for sure. If Your intersted in one let me know, They are a very cool Tiki drinking vessel! Mahalo Gogo

WOW!!! GoGo, Dani and I broke in my new Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel the right way last night at SAM'S!!!
64 OUNCES OF MAI-TAI MADNESS!!!!

Dani & I making sure it works properly!

Then Dani and GoGo taking a test drive!

The bowl has mysterious powers! I can't post some of the pictures! Well, alright! I'll post 'em!

After we filled the bowl up a 2nd time a lady from the next booth asked if she could sample from the bowl! People all around were staring in amazement at our very cool drinking vessel!

At one point I thought Gogo was gonna take his bowl back! It is a work of art!

Finally making a dent in it!

All good things must come to an end!

Dani was bummed that her bowl was empty!

Quick! Get a picture of the fish float growing out of GoGo's head!

Mahalo again Dani & GoGo!!!

It's all mine now! It will be available for libation consumption at the SoccerTiki Grotto...

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Dec 8, 2007 9:54 AM

Awesome post

On 2007-12-08 09:54, teaKEY wrote:
Awesome post

It's an awesome barrel!

GT

Thanks SoccerTiki, Dani and I had a real Great time! Thank You!

SoccerTiki's "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel #05"
Breaking it in at Sam's Seafood, Full of Mai Tai's

Takes awhile to get to the Mermaid!

SoccerTiki Likes It!

After round two! Makes it hard to find the straw!

Dani, SoccerTiki, And Sams Waitress

Again the magic of the barrel! Another fish float appears!, What is the mystic power of the barrel? Order one and find out! Thanks SoccerTiki, Mahalo! Gogo

GT

HipHipAHula's "Dani's Deep Sea Barrel" #06, Custom with light brown mermaid, Great Pics Kelly! Thank You!

Leisure Master Is Up Next With A Red Head Mermaid Barrel #07

Gogo,

Numero Ocho rules! Pics coming soon, stand by!

GoGo rocks!

On 2008-01-17 17:05, rugbymatt wrote:
Gogo,

Numero Ocho rules! Pics coming soon, stand by!

Same for Number 7 (sorry to take so long).

Nicole FLIPPED when I gave it to her - she LOVES the redheaded mermaid!

I have to get photos up there to show this thing off - hopefully this weekend.

Gogo's work is f-ing fantastic!

OMG!

WOW!!!

Sorry for the delay, but check out these photos of Rum Barell #7! We love it!

Here's the inside - she's a redhead!

GT

On 2008-01-27 17:50, leisure master wrote:
Sorry for the delay, but check out these photos of Rum Barell #7! We love it!

Thanks Joe and Nicole, It is a fine barrel for sure!

Well LiesureMaster (aka Joe) got Dani Barrel #7 for Nicole and I was lucky enough to be in que right behind them for numero ocho. We decided to break them in together last night at the surprise birthday party for VelveteenLounge thrown by Gina & Damian in Jersey at their Blue Lorie Lounge. Anyway Nicole chose the Junglebird for her barrel and I went with my own twist on the classic Mai-Tai.

Nicole behind the bar

Nice Sea-cups!

A proud moment

It takes two hands to handle....

Band of Brothers ala GoGo

Ready to go

Deflowering the Danis

The birthday girl checks out Junglebird in #7

Then moves on the the Mai-Tai in #8

Even our feathered friend Hero got into the act

"The Ocho"

Joe & Nicole proud parents of Dani Barrel #7

Ooops wrong straw

Gogo thanks so much for these top notch drinking vessels/ artworks. Likewise thanks Dani for inspiring Gogo. Two Dani Barrels at one party! Can we go for three?

GT

Awesome Post! Thank You! Dani not only inspires me, But helps me out tremendously, Mahalo! Gogo

GT

I have made some cool "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrels" As of late, Bettie Page style, I like personally the Black haired mermaid, What You Think?

And my latest with an anchor!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-20 22:28 ]

I dig the mermaid, however she is! The detail is better and better on these, GoTiki!

Great Idea Gogo & Dani!

Pages: 1 2 58 replies