Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Island at The Bali Hai Roll Call....

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

(This ones for Tiki Ray :)) WooHoo! Only 23 More Days until Tiki Island at The Bali Hai! Who's going and where will you be staying?

*SoccerTiki and I will be staying at Humphries :)

A
Al-ii posted on Tue, Oct 9, 2007 11:27 PM

In,
Mahalo,
Al

We are in! but staying at a small hotel down the road that accommodates kids better & for a few dollars less called Pacific Shore Inn. We have some family joining us so we needed to find a place more reasonably priced for them & kid friendly as well. The Hotel was re refurbished about a year & a half ago & is 1/2 block from the beach. Looks like I might have 1 maybe 2 extra rooms avail with 2 queen beds & kitchenettes that I held if anyone is interested $108.00 plus tax per night. We are going to Sea World & the Zoo too is anyone else? Going to be fun!

T

Ill be there early but cant check in till 3pm.

So there!

Im there,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

my wife's makin me go....
but i refuse to have any fun....
We'll be at Humphrie's Half Moon Bay Thursday and Friday night...
(I'll be bringing some folders full of ink drawings for sale Black Market style if anyone's interested..)

T

hey Ken , I need a coloring book for my neighbor kid .I dont know if you have any left .

Sorry Ray!
Sold out of em a few months back! Will have a new one next year sometime!
Thank you! :D

LLT: Just doodle up a new "variant" cover version of the book and get it done at Kinkos while they're doing your new "limited edition" prints.

Official announcement:
This thread is now the official list for the new coloring book by Little Lost Tiki coming out next year.

LLT: Please put me on the coloring book list.

Thank you,
Buzzy

On 2007-10-10 15:29, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Official announcement:
This thread is now the official list for the new coloring book by Little Lost Tiki coming out next year.

I'm on "The LIST"... :D

Jonesy...if you come down on the 2nd, I'll MAKE and GIVE you a Coloring Book...2008 model! :D

Hot damn! Been a long time since I've been on a list. Get me on there sucka

On 2007-10-10 15:29, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
LLT: Just doodle up a new "variant" cover version of the book and get it done at Kinkos while they're doing your new "limited edition" prints.

Official announcement:

Ken - If I actually show up for this event, will you make me a special limited edition "Backup Plan" version of your coloring book. :wink:

LT

I'm there!

:tiki: :drink: :tiki:

B

LLT - As long as I can color outside of the lines, I'm down for a coloring book too....put me on the list.

Going to try and make it, 50/50 right now.

Just finished work now and taking the canoe down to the beach tonight. I have my art wrapped in Ti leaves and plenty of piggies and taro stuffed in the prow. If I start paddlin' now I should be rowin' into the shelter island around Nov 1.

sea y'all in a few passin's of the moon.

I'm be there...

and I'm bringing some friends!

T

Save me one please.

GT

Dani and I, Will be there, Staying at the World Famous Vagabond Inn! Haha, Should Be A Great Time!

I'll be there.

T

I stayed at the Vagabond during Tiki Oasis . The room was cool but bring your own pillows . The ones there are like bouncy ,poofy, sponges .

Damn, Dave beat me again! LLT, I simply must be on the list with the rest of the cool kids! See you all there!

M

I had dinner at the Bali Hai a few nights ago. Had the obligatory Mr Bali Hai drink in the Take Home Mug! The place is awesome! They gave me a postcard for the event, but I'm back on Maui so I guess my timing was off.

Be sure to get there for sunset, it's an incredible view! Wish I could make it.

HEY ALL YOU WHINEYBABIES!
Especially YOU TikiRay!
By Popular Demand....
I'll be doing "ANOTHER TIKI COLORING BOOK" for the BaliHai show..
This one will have BRAND NEW Art and a more professional look to it!
The First one Sold-Out and is GONE FOREVER!
Don't Miss the Boat on this one.....
Here's a Sneak-Peek at the Cover and a Page....

Got the First 10 illustrations done yesterday...now I just gotta muster
the Gumption to finish the next 11-12 AND have it ready for the
Printshop by Friday....
Sheesh! The things i do for you people..... :lol:
SEE YA IN NOVEMBER! :D

WooHoo! Little Lost Tiki I can't wait to share your New Coloring Book with the munchkins :) Mucho Mahalo for taking the time out of your busy schedule to put this together so quickly :)

On 2007-10-10 15:05, TIKI-RAY wrote:
hey Ken , I need a coloring book for my neighbor kid .I dont know if you have any left .

Whiney ????????? I quoted my own words so you can see all the bitching I was doing . I guess I should have written " Hey Ken , I will gladly PAY you for one of your fabulous magnificent coloring books so my 2 year old neighbor who loves tikis and even has one of your tiki stickers on his window could color your stunning drawings ...blah, blah,blah. Geez , this guy is sensitive ! hahaha

Hey Ken , I will gladly PAY you for one of your fabulous magnificent coloring books so my 2 year old neighbor who loves tikis and even has one of your tiki stickers on his window could color your stunning drawings ...blah, blah,blah. Geez , this guy is sensitive !

NOW you've gone and hurt my feelings.....:lol:
Can i send you the bill for my new eyeglass prescription and nervous breakdown meds?

TB

I'll be there. I can't wait!

we will be there!!!

Wouldn't miss it for all the pee in China.

That's a lotta Pee-Pee! :lol:
So, hodahank, I guess it's safe to say that "YOUR IN"!
get it?
Urine?
you're in?
:lol:

LT

On 2007-10-17 11:20, little lost tiki wrote:

get it?
Urine?
you're in?

Ha! You made me LOL! :lol:

I'll be there, playing keys with Tikiyaki Orchestra!! Can't wait!!

I am still paintin' during the day under the shade of my palapa and paddlin' in the eves by moonlight. If my celestial navigation skills are up to speed I should be about half way to the California coast. If I can harness a Honu I might get there a few days early.

In.

If anyone might be interested I'll have some Lake Tiki neckwear with me... my work is rare on the West Coast so now's your chance!

See you soon!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2007-10-19 12:41 ]

On 2007-10-17 11:41, LOL Tiki wrote:

On 2007-10-17 11:20, little lost tiki wrote:

get it?
Urine?
you're in?

Ha! You made me LOL! :lol:

They dont call the Huang He the Mighty Yellow River for nothing. :wink:

I will be there with bells on.

This just in TC Ohana. . .

I got word this weekend that High Muck-lucks over at Tiki Magazine have seen it in their infinite wisdom and generosity to find a place fer little ol' me in their big Bali Hai Tiki Island show!!!!

(I guess all that begging and that Singing Gorilla Gram paid off!) :wink:

So . . . I am painting furiously to have a shiny new piece all ready for you lovely peoples on the 2nd!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!

-Atomikitty

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 23, 2007 1:10 AM

Congrats Suzy.

YAY SUSIE!
What's a Tiki Art Show without your Coconut Monkeys?
Welcome! Can't wait to see your smilin face!

On 2007-10-19 11:04, Chongolio wrote:
I am still paintin' during the day under the shade of my palapa and paddlin' in the eves by moonlight. If my celestial navigation skills are up to speed I should be about half way to the California coast. If I can harness a Honu I might get there a few days early.

Can you see the Coast of San Diego yet???

S
squid posted on Tue, Oct 30, 2007 9:35 PM

Reporting for duty! And despite the ill-fated Tikiyaki Orchestra debut, I shall still be slappin' the skins with the Smokin Menehunes! Yeeeehawww! See ya there.

Congrates Suzy Rock on Man !!!

Any of you fine artists from the L.A. area wanna carpool on Friday afternoon?

I can chip in gas monkey, and I know LOTS of annoying driving songs and games!

Heh, I just noticed I typed 'gas monkey'. . . I'm gonna leave it. :)

I gots monkeys on the brain!

I of course meant 'gas money' and annoying car games.

Any takers?

Can't wait to see everyone Friday!

Fantastic Suzy! WOW excited for ya, the new painting are so cute, gotta love em' see ya there! HiPhiPaHulA!

WHOOOPIE WHOOP WHOOP!
Finally got the Coloring Books last night!
I'll be bringing those,my Oli-Oli/Kakaka/Pupule prints,four paintings,and the last 3-4 remaining copies of "About 500 Tikis"
Here's a teaser pic! Just small enough to compel ya to c'mon down and see it all in person! :D TWO MORE DAYS!!!! Free Hugs!

Pages: 1 2 64 replies