Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What My Sister Does Fer A Livin'

Pages: 1 3 replies

W

Mainly what my sister does is teach English at a highschool out on the Washington coast. But recently she had the followin' adventure which she posted on her MySpace and it seemed like the kinda thing some folks here may get a kick outta...Or not.

*This last week was Homecoming week at the high school where I teach. This meant dressing up in funky outfits everyday (anything to get out of wearing teacher clothes) and lots of fun activities. The week before one of the ASB kids approached me and asked if I'd headbang at the Friday pep rally if they got 150 students to dress up throughout the week. I said "sure." Then they asked if I'd eat worms if 1000 students dressed up. I said "sure" again. Why not?

So yesterday at the pep rally I first headbanged to "One" by Metallica while holding my Guitar Heroes II guitar. That got a big laugh and some admiration as I'm pretty good at headbanging. I learned to way back in the day. It also has resulted in a stiff neck today for which I took a hydrochodone left over from my surgery in April. lol

Then, at the end of the pep rally, they presented me with a plate of worms. I ate one worm (letting it wriggle and move hanging above my mouth before popping it in and chewing) then I ate another worm. I was getting lots of cheering and applause mixed with "Ewws" from the student body. I went to eat the third and final worm but noticed some commotion at the top of the bleachers. I thought there was a fight or that somebody had fallen off but instead found out I had made one of the boys (a football player!!) barf. LOL I am so damned cool.

Went to the football game last night and felt like a bit of a celebrity with all the admiring comments about both my headbanging and the worm eating. And also I made someone puke!!! Our district superintendent told me "You just won over everyone in your building by eating those worms." So my analysis? Eating worms leads to good things at work. How many professions can you say that about?*

Unfortunately she's married so there's no pride points fer the family name.

H
Heath posted on Tue, Oct 16, 2007 8:05 PM

My wife also teaches high school and just went through homecoming.
I read this aloud to her while she was making dinner.
It definitely made her day!
She can headbang with the best of them, but the worms...

Nah, she said couldn't do it.

Thanks for posting this!

T

That's pretty cool Woofmutt! I don't think I would eat worms or bang my head! Wish I had a fun job! And my family is pretty boring!

No worms for me either and I would try the head-banging, but sure I would end up dizzy and might make myself puke.

Great post Mutt!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies