Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki Crate Project Wendy Cevola new photos 3-27-08

Pages: 1 12 replies

Hi everyone, I have some photos of my latest project. It's not complete in these photos but almost. I mailed it off to Joniece Frank of Frankoma Pottery. She was not just the War God designer she was the Master Mold Maker for Frankoma. She is going to make the mold for me since this is a difficult one to do.

I thought a long time before I realized that there had to be crates out there that ship from Island to Island and to the mainland carrying tikis. So I came up with this design for a Tiki Crate bowl.

I also have a mug in process with helpful hints coming from Martin of Forbidden Island on Alameda Island (Oakland, CA). It will be a very special Tiki Crate mug.

I hope to see you all at the Tiki Crawl. Gecko and I will be releasing our special Forbidden Island version of the Frankoma War God made just for the bar.

I'll be there on the night of November 10th. Cheers, Wendy

Botom of bowl

These photos were taken before I finished the woodgrain so the finished bowl will be different from these photos. Thank you for looking. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2008-03-27 16:41 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Oct 18, 2007 8:01 PM

Nice work and nide idea. Can't wait to see the finished glazed bowl. :D

Great idea Wendy...it looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it all glazed up. :)

Very,very,very COOL! :D

Hi Everyone, the Tiki Crate bowl in in phase two. Joniece Frank of Frankoma pottery is making the mold for me. She is a master mold maker which was one of her many functions within the company her parents founded. She later ran the company herself. She is a creative designer and she has never really retired. I hope you enjoy the photos. Comments? Wendy

Due to the shape she is using liquid rubber.

V

Mahalo for the great mold photos! I always love to see a mold put together - everyone makes them differently, and you can never learn enough about the art/science of molding stuff. Can you slip cast ceramics in rubber molds? How much of an undercut can you get away with before the rubber breaks the fragile slip casting during de-molding? So cool - can't wait to see the finished product.

Mahalo for the work in progress shots!

Henrik "VanTiki"

Joniece Frank has finished the Master Mold. One of the former Frankoma mold makers didn't think it would be possible, well this lady loves a challenge and Hot Damn she did it.

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/251/47aa674b.jpg[/img
img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/251/47aa675b.jpg)

Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2008-02-06 18:16 ]

I'm really looking forward to this one Wendy. It is soo kewl. Don't forget...I want #11. :tiki:

V

Man!

Fantastic mold photos! I love a complex mold challenge (well, I should say I love seeing someone else wrestle their way through a complex mold challenge) :)

Can't wait to see more!

Here is the next step in the most complicated mold of all time! All the work is being done by Joniece Frank of Frankoma pottery. She made the War God mug that Gekco and I brought back.

The next step in a process puzzle. I really feel that without Joniece Franks inventive techniques this bowl could never be made. She is a master mold maker and it was a challenge even for her. She sent these photos today.

It's almost time to pour the first bowl! Wendy

B

Wendy, can't wait to see this first bowl come out of the molds, Awesome job seh did with the mold and Awesome bowl You did.

:o WOW!

Pages: 1 12 replies