Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Dog House

Pages: 1 28 replies

Now a days I don't mind "being in the dog house"

This was built for a company then donated to the Orlando Museum of Art to be auctioned off. I hated to let go of it when it was finished.

4' x 6' x 3 ft. tall It accomodates 3 adults and 2 dogs. Don't ask me how I know this by trust me it does.

Lights up with a red glow and also has music in it.

might just have to get a dog, and get one of these.

naaaah.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A-MAZ-ING !!!

TZ

Cool! Wish I had a scaled-up model in my back yard - I'd live in it!

Gotta ask - what music are the canine hipsters listening to these days?

Love it!

Founder Art.... inside and out!

S

OH WOW That is freakin cool!!!!
Pea

H
hewey posted on Tue, Nov 13, 2007 1:52 PM

Awesome man, the coolest dog house I've ever seen :D

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 13, 2007 2:24 PM

Nice!

GROG like.

WAY COOL!
Even a porch and some Flounder Art inside!
What a Lucky Dog/Dogs!

Cool.....but where's poochtiki?

P

heh heh.

That's pretty fancy dog digs.
Needs a model.

My dog wants one! sooooooooo cool!

OMG...that is just the coolest doghouse ever. My dogs want one too. :D

Forget the dog.... I'm moving in!

That is really neat! Are you going to sell them as a line of tiki-themed pet products?

Wouldn't impress my cats, but I think it's pretty darn friggin' adorable!

Hurray for dogs! (Boo, hiss to cats!) Tiki Modern points out the whole cat thing, the use of cat images in Witco and the like. But really, dogs are much more tiki-spirited, I think.

[As full disclosure, the reader should know that Mr. Bungalow is a huge dog fan and hates cats. Take his comments for what they're worth. :wink: ]

Now THAT is a really nice cat house. When and where is the auction?

That's freekin awesome!!
Say, where did you pick up the portholes? I'm looking for some at a great deal.

R

Say, does that thing float?

G

If I could get scaled down to 2 ft tall, I'd move in. Great job, Scott. I love the teeny tiny framed Flounder print inside. So when and where is the auction? Does it benefit the museum?

Thanks everyone.

Yeah it benifits the Museum Rob. It's still there till the weekend if you want to see it. It's out front of the museum under a big white tent.

G

Oooh, hey, I might just take a walk over today. I work about a stone's throw away.

H

awesome!!! oh to have the life of this lucky dog...

good luck for the auction.

thanks for sharing your great work.

G

I stopped by after work to check out the dog house in person. I didn't realize it would be amongst a bunch of canine McMansions on auction. Holy Chihuahua these things were incredible! Including the spectacular tiki one by our own humble, yet brilliantly gifted Flounder. At first I couldn't see where yours was until I heard the sound of pablus' voice barking out a Crazed Mug tune from inside of it. (Does ASCAP cover dog houses?) All the houses had "sold" signs on them with the final price. $3,600 for Flounder's. Nice fetch (get it? get it?). But you had stiff competition for those deep auction pockets. The Ruth's Chris-sponsored dog... er... "house" doesn't quite fit. More like an only slightly scaled down version of one of their upper end steak houses, complete with brass handled double entrance doors. It went for a whopping $25,000. That's a lot of dog biscuits.

I hope the lucky dog that moves into the tiki dog house can appreciate a little Martin Denny now and then. And doesn't mind a shot of Lemon Hart 151 with the Gaines Burger.

G

I have pictures of the other houses, but they are currently trapped on my camera phone and only the god of Bluetooth can rescue them. But he has apparently decided that I am no longer worthy because he is not responding to my frustrated fist pounding on the keyboard.

It's perfect!

B

Scott,
I stumbled across this today at the Orlando museum and it is even more fab in person. Great job!!! The music playing inside and the red glow made me instantly calm, and of course thirsty for a rum runner.

Sweet!

H

Doggone, that's cool!! I showed my dog, Zoot and he's MAD with jealousy!

Pages: 1 28 replies