Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

so what happening in So. Cal. on New Years eve 07

Pages: 1 21 replies

there was supposed to be a show with a Punk band and some surf bands in Santa Barbara, but it kinda fell thru, and might happen, but not sure.

Dick Dale is playing at the Coach House in SJC, but its 50 bucks and I've seen that guy too many times, and thats a chunk of change for a show.

any cool tiki or surf or Rockabilly events people ?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 20, 2007 9:22 AM

A new band, the Blue Dick Insect Hawaiian Surfer Dales is playing down at the Bali Hai in San Diego. They come on at 11:00PM. They're REALLY good. You should go check them out.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-11-20 09:22 ]

ha ha ha GROG funny.
:roll:
Jeff(bigtikidude)

LMAO :lol: That was quite a visual!!!

I'm deciding between the Purple Orchid for a Tiki New Year's Eve (it would be nice to receive New Year's greetings from Dave & Rebecca) or the Gallery Bar at the Biltmore for a formal tuxedo-clad New Year's Eve.

However, I may combine this and go to Trader Vic's BH and consider taxing it back home or getting a room and detoxing poolside the next day.

Well!!!! ?????? Something closer than San Diego? the Bali Hai is just to far to drive on New years eve.. So wheres the parties??

Small Gathering of us is going to "The Safari Room" in Mission Hills 8:00pm..... CoOl oLd ScHoOL..

A lot of WooHooing!!! http://www.pappyandharriets.com

On 2007-12-29 12:38, WooHooWahine wrote:

Gee great info. 2 days before New Years Eve. Probably booked, or did you just want to let us know where we might send you a post card LOL :D
Trader Tom is not feeling good so I'm not now sure of plans. Have fun all & be safe! Happy New Year!

I'm going to Thornton's Bar in El Cajon to celebrate NY's eve with some old band mates of mine. The Lab Rats go on at 9:00, 1221 Broadway, El Cajon, CA.:)

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey 2007-12-30 13:59 ]

No Safari Room for us, cancelled.

What, are you guys idiots?
This is the place to be!

(Check out the ticket prices for 1999)

On 2007-12-30 20:34, Unga Bunga wrote:
What, are you guys idiots?
This is the place to be!

(Check out the ticket prices for 1999)

Jimmy Buffett! Jimmy Buffett! :lol:

Can we bring firearms? :lol:

Bamboo ben knows his stuff . Listen to him . I might go there myself .

T

New Years Eve at the Puka Bar in Long Beach . Wear your best black and white attire . $2.00 cover charge

Thanks for the info, I was wondering if Puka Bar was doing anything tonight! Unfortunately, my new computer doesn't seem to like the flash animation on their website, so I haven't been able to check it recently.

BB

Maybe Halloween really wasn't that long ago but I like the quote. :wink:

P

Were you there, Boris? I didn't see you, but then the place was so packed I could have easily missed you.

Yes, the torches were lit at Tiki Ti for New Years Eve! The rum and champagne flowed like, well, rum and champagne (but mixed together ONLY in the Motiki and in revelers stomachs and livers). And there was much drunkeness.

On 2007-12-29 12:38, WooHooWahine wrote:

Purple Orchid going off!

Marsha's in the house!

Winning the contest!

Angela (left) and friends.

Our bartenders Vanessa and Emma step it up!

DJ Tony Barthel (right) and his brother from another mother!

The hardest job in the house? Barback.

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc 2008-01-03 20:55 ]

Pages: 1 21 replies