Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1964 u-tube of Chrysler Turbine at Bali Hai

Pages: 1 9 replies

I saw this over at LottaLiving.com, they were showing the car, but for us the cool part is Shelter Island and the Bali Hai.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gy_fNjOy98
Watching the video, I assume that parking and getting OUT of the car was a large part of the experience.

Wow how cool was that,just went to Bali hai last month(only in our rental dodge magnum though!),There is one of the turbine cars at the peterson musuem last time we were there,Its a shame as this car was ahead of its time.Who shot the footage was it a home movie by the family or a promo? and why did they keep getting out of the car,shelter island very small!!

Very cool. Never knew the gardens entrance had that A-frame. And it shows that Mr. Bali Hai did not have the bone thru the nose initially.
Maybe the guy was a car dealer and wanted to use the clip for a local commercial.

Very cool clip indeed....obviously Dad was running the show and having someone film their fab car. Beautiful shots of the island, the bell and the Bali Hai. I just love Mr Bali Hai...he is so awesome. Great find...thanks for the memories.

LT

Did ya notice the San Diego skyline? It's missing! That little a-frame entrance definitely needs to be rebuilt.

Just got back from the Bali Hai. Chowder night.

I don't remember seeing any cars like that in the lot.

I notice that Mr. Bali Hai is actually darker in the video than he is currently.

what an amazing car and how its color fits to
bali haiĀ“s tiki-sourrounding !

but sadly most of the cars seem to had to suffer
the same fate as many tiki-places:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKumqcKuv1g&feature=related

S

That A frame is incredible. Not a straight line in its structure! I really want one for my backyard. Bamboo Ben!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 7:09 PM

Thats awesome :D

On 2007-11-24 06:40, Swanky wrote:
That A frame is incredible. Not a straight line in its structure! I really want one for my backyard. Bamboo Ben!

Sure.

No worries!

PM me........

p.s. I was expecting SHAG to get out of that car. Cool find!

Pages: 1 9 replies