Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Show us your Bamboo Ben official target practice mug!

Pages: 1 29 replies

Just a friendly reminder that our Bamboo Ben tribute mug goes on sale online at Tiki Farm (www.tikifarm.com) on Saturday, December 22nd at 12:00 noon pdt.

Mahaloz!
Holden & your friends at Tiki Farm

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-12-21 16:00 ]

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-01-08 11:31 ]

Perfect. I will have to put it on my Bamboo Ben mug shelf!

T

Does it come with a pack of smokes and a 12 pack?

It's great to see a mug put to a face....who else has been immortalized by Tiki Farm in the past years ?

i really like the streamlined sculpt, but i wish the mug was more a reflection of what ben does. would have been cool to make it look like his whole head was made of bamboo poles, they could follow the contours of his head so that it looked like his face was pressing through a bamboo wall (like freddy krueger in nightmare on elm st.) I guess if you don't know or ever seen ben or know what his work is like , it's just an interesting stone faced mug.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Dec 4, 2007 2:47 PM

an interesting stone faced mug with great hair

M

On 2007-12-04 14:47, teaKEY wrote:
an interesting stone faced mug with great hair

Ask & you shall receive...

..nice...but save that one for the "chia ben" chia pet line of ceramics for down the road after the mug ideas have run dry....watch his hair and goatee grow!!!!

CA

Tipsy you hit the nail on the head, or the bamboo stake as it were, with your comment...

really like the streamlined sculpt, but i wish
the mug was more a reflection of what ben does. <

Grog got me to work up a Neck Charm for the Ben as well... and I took a bit different direction.
i got a sneak peek here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26350&forum=17&start=last&
bottom pg.16

Squid did a fantastic job creating a mug even a mother could love...Thor however was of a different mindset when he did his "Ben Mug"....

CA

here is the Ben Neck charm...
carved from a Bamboo Ben piece of Bamboo scrap...

only 25 cast so far... made to order
available in light natural, dark natural, light green and dark green.

if you would like one... let me know
[email protected]

TM

What the F?!?!?!?!

bump - check original post to this thread - the mugs go on sale tomorrow, Sat., Dec. 22nd at 12:00 noon pdt.

P

We're turning Ben into a pagan deity.
A thousand years from now, will there be Ben Bars and Ben Music and Ben Drinks, a Ben Central or Ben Time?

Yeah, I think there will be.

Mug me.

P.S. Oh yeah, Al, those heads look kind of like the tiki head on Thor Heyerdahl's flag. Was that a purposeful thing or the Spirit of Ben propelling himself through time and space? And why would a deity need Budweiser?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 21, 2007 5:25 PM

Seems like there has always been a "drink of the Gods", but unfortunately, this one prefers Pissweiser.

On 2007-12-21 17:25, GROG wrote:
Seems like there has always been a "drink of the Gods", but unfortunately, this one prefers Pissweiser.

Watch it buddy!
or you won't be part of the Resurrection!

JT

I'm a little confused here...Bamboo Ben buys a TC Ohana Hut then puts it for sale on TC to the highest bidder.

Now there are Bamboo Ben Mugs being announced for sale on TC?

Maybe I need to buy one then put it up for sale real fast on TC to the highest bidder?

I enjoy TC, but there are too many hypocrites out there. Anybody else pulls that stunt with the Ohana Hut and the whole community would come unglued...unless you are the right person...then it"s"good for you"

ps...I'm still dying to get my hands on an Ohana Hut and am jealous if you didn't notice.

Hey Ben...let's me trade one of your custom Bamboo Ben mugs for that silly old Ohana Hut

On 2007-12-22 06:27, Jax Tiki wrote:
I'm a little confused here...Bamboo Ben buys a TC Ohana Hut then puts it for sale on TC to the highest bidder.

Now there are Bamboo Ben Mugs being announced for sale on TC?

Maybe I need to buy one then put it up for sale real fast on TC to the highest bidder?

I enjoy TC, but there are too many hypocrites out there. Anybody else pulls that stunt with the Ohana Hut and the whole community would come unglued...unless you are the right person...then it"s"good for you"

ps...I'm still dying to get my hands on an Ohana Hut and am jealous if you didn't notice.

Hey Ben...let's me trade one of your custom Bamboo Ben mugs for that silly old Ohana Hut

Aloha Jax,

I get nothing out of the Bamboo Ben Mug. It was done by Tiki Farm, Squid and Grog. If you want one, you have to contact them.

Also, I'm selling off all of my collection of tiki mugs here on TC first. Keep an eye out. There might be something else coming up that you'd like.

As soon as I sold the O-hut, I donated my 24 bucks to TC. I just don't have my star yet.

Hope this helps you with the confusion.

Mugged by the farm!!! :)

The place just got classier!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 5:50 AM

Man that's a big head. Probably the angle but it looks so much larger than the Suffering mug.

On 2008-01-03 05:50, teaKEY wrote:
Man that's a big head.
Probably the angle but it looks so much larger than the Suffering mug.

That's cause Ben is a giant amongst men!
All Hail BooBen! :)

T

How are sells going on the Rev's mug?
We got Hypocrites on T.C. ...
We got Drunks on T.C. ...
We got KoolKids who sleep with there mugs ...
And we finally got people who piss on other people's backs and tell them it's raining !!!
So just to single out Hypocrites is just simply f*cking wrong !!!

Got my "Ben"...and I was asking..why is Ben so famous as to get a mug of his own...with a little effort and research I was rewarded with the answers...Now its clear to me..and Ben is destine to become an Icon...and already one of my "HEROES"...you just can't help but admirer someone like Ben..at least I cant..so with Ben Mug in hand, I lift my mug...This Ben is for you...

Man that's a big head. Probably the angle but it looks so much larger than the Suffering mug.

Check out the big brain on BEN!

the king of bamboo drinks the king of beers!
come on photoshop guys where's the picture of the clydesdales pulling a Bamboo Ben creation?

Do we need Mr. Wolf to come in and clean this thread up?
You Rock Ben!!!!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 4:40 PM

Photo taken by Bamboo Ben's brother:

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 6:28 PM

"We got KoolKids who sleep with there mugs "-tikiLale

Anyone know someone who can knit me a mug cozy cause it gets cold up here in Michigan.

T

On 2008-01-03 18:28, teaKEY wrote:
"We got KoolKids who sleep with there mugs "-tikiLale

Anyone know someone who can knit me a mug cozy cause it gets cold up here in Michigan.

Sure no problem, I'll be knitting while I bake in this 77 degree Sunday afternoon while I watch the Giants on the tv in the tiki hut .....
Good day !

I thought I'd take some shots of my new mug...and then something strange happened while my back was turned...check it out.

...ok. ok...I know, I know ''slow day at the tiki bar''

I'm gonna have me some of them ''Buds'' in my new mug......

Pages: 1 29 replies