Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: now for the Chicks

Pages: 1 2 3 139 replies

You are all reading my mind!!!! I will be putting a drink recipe up in the next day or two for New Years.
I will be mixing my skill's at a private home in Newport Beach for one of your favorite NBA star's that night,DIG? The business allows me to meet some really cool cat's. But not as cool as the Tiki Tribes from the Central.

If this is a car wreck,it must be like a fine vintage Mustang that you can't stop RUBBERNECKING at,Dig?

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2007-12-26 11:41 ]

S

My man, when it comes to mixology and spelling, you ROKK, dig?

Your right about the spelling. It hasn't been the same since I drank some swill called SCOTT'S RUM.
I also lost some vision and I am starting to get ED!!!If you can help me by putting some kinda warning on the bottle like this..................

WARNING!!!!
This product was produced in my
tub and taste like sewer swill
don't drink if you are pregnant
or like quality products!!!!!!!

P.s. I am getting in the mood to make my own product from home too!!!
It's called Wildsville's special dark chocolate log!!! just for you Scott!!!!DIG?

Made fresh Daily!!!

Wildsville, man, I'm disappointed in your hatin' ways! Scottes never meant you no harm, and I thought you were all about the Tiki Love, and lettin the flags fly high and loud.

We're all good cats here, 'cept for Bad Kitty, who is just the enforcer.

Now let's get back to the business at hand, which is your new year's libation.

I got one for ya, we here call it the Urinal Cake, which is an unglorious name for a noble drink, so named after perfecting the recipe. Gotta watch that demon rum, what it does for the seriousness of any endeavor!

2 oz Barbancourt Rum
1/2 oz Lychee liqueur
1/2 oz lime juice
1 1/2 oz Reed's Ginger Beer
Optional garnish with Altoids

This is a twist on the Dark & Stormy.

Always a hit around here! I've made many for peeps and celebs alike here, and once you get past the name, the drink will win you over

S

Dude, you used that picture already.

I'm beginning to think that you aren't very original at all.
Same pictures, same shirt, same rum, same spelling...

The bus to Uncoolsville is waiting for you at Gate 6. Get aboard....

That drink idea sound way out!!! I will try some tonight at the HUT!!!!!!!!I believe I have all the supplies to make that magic happen......Sorry for the wayward words also,I get tired of the man trying to hold me down!!!!!!!

Your right about the BAD KITTY though!!!She showed up yesterday with gang colors on and a tear drop tattooed under her eye!!!! I stay gang neutral with my colors in this part of the hood,DIG?

Aww c'mon Scottes. Why you sending WM to Squaresville man?

And Wildsville, why you hatin'?

Wildsville, I'm hoping that soon you'll realize you're a Jar-Jar in a room full of Yodas. (I'm guessing from the photo above, the Star Wars reference wont be lost on ya)

Maybe then your hipster act will die down & you'll start to listen, learn, & appreciate.

Then again, I kind of hope you dont..... I'm enjoying sitting back & watching this Trainwreck of Tikitards!

All Aboard!!!!! TOOT TOOT!!!!

S

Not Squaresville, but Uncoolsville. Squaresville won't take him because he's too hip. Coolsville won't take him.... well, just because.

So WM goes to Uncoolsville, that boring bit of purgatory between the two.

Bus 13.
Gate 6.
toot.
toot.

WM should love it. They have a Trekkie Convention every month. George Takei is there. Every month.

B

Hey now, dont be dissin on the Trek.

And George is awesome on the Stern show....and Heroes.

On 2007-12-21 08:35, Wildsville man wrote:
Bacardi Is a B rum? why you all hating? The last three Hut's I worked at all had the same rum inventory.
Bacardi,bacardi flavored rums,Captain morgan's,Mount Gay and Salor Jerry's....plus MYERS,,,,On an average Friday night the Hut I troll at go's through 20 bottles of vodka,2 bottles of Gin,2 bottles of rum,I bottle of scotch and whiskey...

Few of us here like Bacardi because it is overly commercial and has had all of its character distilled down to something like a Vodka. That is not a bad thing, it is actually nice to know exactly what you are getting when you open the next bottle. There are many other bottles out there that can't claim the consistency of Bacardi. And most of us would rather add our own flavors to the rum and not rely on some artificial flavoring agent.

Now, switch to some aged rums like a Ron Zacapa 23 or a Pyrat Cask and your getting something that requires you to dig into the wine-tasting vocabulary to describe the complexity on the tongue.

Now, having made those two points..... I take it you are working a bar, or in some bar-tending capacity of a service establishment or company. In that situation, you will pour what sells. For the general drinking folk at your average drinking establishment, mediocrity in the liquor is the norm. That is not a judgement call on the drinkers or the servers, it just is because not enough people are going to want to pay what you would have to charge to have a glass of top shelf anything. As an example.... how many people to do you see in an average shift order a glass of a top-shelf Single-Malt Scotch, a brand like Glenn Fiddich or better? Few, I bet. How many Cosmo's or Something-Tini's do you make in the same shift? Probably enough to give you nightmares.

Most of us here on TC are tending home-bars where we can take the time to pour a drink using top-shelf liquor and sit and enjoy it. We do not have to make three-hundred crappy margaritas for two-hundred drunken bachelorettes and are therefore not distracted by having to cut corners to get the drinks out to the patrons before the tips start to decline. (And I'm not saying you cut corners, just making up an example)

...With vodka there is hundreds of brands, with Rum's there is few because there is less of an following!!

Again, if you are working a commercial bar, you are stocking what you are selling. There are hundreds of brands of rum, and all of them are different in some way. But Vodka is still the most popular liquor so you will have the most of it.

(on a side note.... I challenge you to describe to me the difference between a shot of Grey Goose and a shot of Belvedere, or a shot of Smirnoff, or a shot of Absolut. besides the price)

But, now that I have shown the fact that I live in Dullsville and like to type.... to your question, specifically as to something better:

On 2007-12-13 10:39, Wildsville man wrote:
Geisha Girl

3/4 oz Bacardi O (orange Rum)
3/4 oz Bacardi CoCo (coco Rum)
grenadine (cherry juice)
Pineapple Juice
Myers (Dark Rum)
and since it's for the lady's....a cherry and pineapple wedge and umbrella on top!!!!

I think this drink would be just as yummy if you do this:

1 1/4 oz Gold Rum (Barcardi is fine, but I think a Cruzan 2yr would be better)
1/2 oz Triple Sec (Cointreau would be my choice)
1/4 oz Kahlua
Pineapple Juice
Blend with crushed ice.
Float 1/2 oz of Meyers
garnish.

I really don't like any of the Coconut rums, they all taste really fake. I think the Kahlua and Pineapple would still give you the interest on the tongue and smell just as yummy. I think the Meyers is just for show, but I am not a big fan of Meyers.

But, that suggestion is just that, my suggestion. You serve what you like. You drink what you like. And, most importantly, keep the Freak Flag waving!

On 2007-12-26 11:52, Wildsville man wrote:
Your right about the spelling. It hasn't been the same since I drank some swill called SCOTT'S RUM.
I also lost some vision and I am starting to get ED!!!If you can help me by putting some kinda warning on the bottle like this..................

WARNING!!!!  
              This product was produced in my  
              tub and taste like sewer swill  
              don't drink if you are pregnant  
              or like quality products!!!!!!!  

Wow, if WM thinks something tastes bad, then it must REALLY be bad.

I love all the suggestions to modify this drink. It's about the enjoyment of making it as well as drinking it. The Tiki Joints I sling at are more about volume then detail so I don't get that kind of
time or selection to choose from in rum's......Most California bar's have large selections or Vodka's,
tequila's and Scotch's....not alot of rum's!!!!!!!!! So I work with what I know,and what I know is how to sling drinks quick and sling my wit even faster.DIG?

JarJar? I always thought of myself as a bounty hunter of Cocktail's!!!DIG? Like BobaFett

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2007-12-26 22:54 ]

On 2007-12-26 12:55, Bargoyle wrote:
Aww c'mon Scottes. Why you sending WM to Squaresville man?

And Wildsville, why you hatin'?

Wildsville, I'm hoping that soon you'll realize you're a Jar-Jar in a room full of Yodas. (I'm guessing from the photo above, the Star Wars reference wont be lost on ya)

Maybe then your hipster act will die down & you'll start to listen, learn, & appreciate.

Then again, I kind of hope you dont..... I'm enjoying sitting back & watching this Trainwreck of Tikitards!

All Aboard!!!!! TOOT TOOT!!!!

I guess I do look alittle like JarJar,I always thought I was more of a boba fett myself!!!!!!!!

these are some private photo's of me without the fez. It makes all difference!

... and a master of Photoshop TOO...or a STEALER of Photoshopped IMAGES...kinda like a stealer of retro RAT PACK HIP SCHTICK

...haven't seen anyone so [ahem] HIGH on themselves on these forums EVAH...today I have waffled back from slight appreciation to questioning the REALITY of a fully operational WILDSVILLE..seems more like a TIKI STALKER than a tiki friend

its all good--LUV this forum!!!

Please, someone stop this. Please.

I will stop it right here and now!!!!!!!!! Look for a new post from Wildsville man!!!The CASTAWAY!!

Live on the sunny side of life my friend!!!!!!!!

Please do not read or respond anymore to this post, The "natives are restless" here on TC!!!

Wildsville Man

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2007-12-28 13:48 ]

I can't believe I just wasted so much time reading this thread. Kudos to Chip for trying to engage this character in semi-intelligent cocktail conversation. But obviously, he would have none of that.

Troll on...

This has had the best entertainment value I've seen in a while!

On 2007-12-30 12:35, GatorRob wrote:
I can't believe I just wasted so much time reading this thread. Kudos to Chip for trying to engage this character in semi-intelligent cocktail conversation. But obviously, he would have none of that.

Troll on...

Gator,
What do you have thats more important to do with your time? Sit around at eat BON BON's? So be kind and rewind,DIG? Toilet humor and Tiki go hand-in-hand!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I only added more because I was provoked!!!!!!!!

I just want to remind everyone not to read here.

Yes, Please do not read!!!!!!!!! You will not have to read soon because wildsville man is coming to YOUTUBE!!!!!!!! WOW,Wildsville will be all up in your grill with some sweet concoctions to make your problems go away!!!!!!!!DIG? See ya in the funny papers!!!!!!!!

TIKI GOD SAY "WILDSVILLE MAN IS O.K." DIG?

O
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.