Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Texas Ohana Head Count

Pages: 1 2 51 replies

K

Hidey-Ho fellow Texans!

(sorry, I've had a few)

Last May we had a big party at Trader Vic's in Dallas to celebrate their reopening and to get to know other TX tikiphiles, and of course to try to energize a tiki scene in TX. We had 26 people show up (I think) and it was an absolute blast. Drinks, dinner, more drinks, door prizes, more drinks, even got to take home some of the unused decor!. A few TC'ers even came from other states.

Well, we're putting another one together on May 3rd. All details can be found here.

If you haven't seen the new/old Trader Vic's in Dallas, you owe yourself a visit. Never before has an old, classic tiki establishment shut it's doors for 18 years and then reopened with all the same classic decor that is 40+ years old.

More details concerning the big day will be coming so be sure to keep checking this thread.

Where can I find any tiki items near san antonio?
Are there any swap meets in texas besides trader vic's? HELP PLEASE!!!

T

On 2007-12-23 07:56, Formikahini wrote:
And also in San Antonio, Mr and Mrs Heelgrinder.
(Well, he's actually El Gato Scott, but I'm not sure if he posts here).

And moved from San Antone to Austin is Strawberry Girl, engaged to one of the I Belli di Waikiki boys!
Sergio, an I Belli buddy, is still in San Antone. These are more tiki event people than TC, but they'd come for a gathering!

Charlie/Teko Teko has moved from San Antone. Still in South Texas at school (en route to his dream: teaching diving in Hawaii)? He's fairly active (or used to be) on TC Shout. Anybody seen him recently?

Kenike/Dennis is still in Dallas (did he already post here?).

How did I miss this? I'm living in Hawaii now, after about 6 months in Fort Lauderdale. I wish i could get some Tex-Mex out here...

Tekoteko! :D
You made it! You made it!! :drink: Congratulations!

I am so excited for you!
Give us a report - what are you doing?

Pages: 1 2 51 replies