Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?

Pages: 1 2 3 141 replies

So what are the plans for the next chop? As long as it's not the 5th I'm down for a trip back to the mother land with a Saturday Oceanside gig....thoughts?

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-01-01 14:47 ]

I'm up for taking the Rev. Boo up on a HB chop, man I need a break from the SD drive! But Bills place is good for me also, not quite the drive as deep south is. Funny thing though, my son wants another chance to see Lucy the Ferret over at Tikiland! He's gonna bug me about that FOREVER!

T

The Hellcat Lounge/Tommys Tiki Bar/The Muli Grotto ...alias my backyard is always available.

T

It' in OC near the Block.

[ Edited by: tikihai 2007-12-17 14:28 ]

M
mieko posted on Mon, Dec 17, 2007 3:01 PM

I think January in Oceanside sounds really nice, it's been a while since we went to Bill's and it's just such a easy place to do things.

I'd also like to host a chop at my house again, and quite a few people mentioned wanting to learn/do some resin castings, so I'm bringing that up tentatively for Feb. I know I could bring the stuff somewhere else, but it would be a lot easier to do from home.

I really appreciate Ben's offer, and HB sounds like quite a possibility for the future.

B

I have a matrimonial ceremonial ritual to attend on the 12th (oh joy). The rest of January is open for me.

Once again, I'm down for anything. The HB thing needs to happen though. Sounds GREAT.

I'm good for any weekend EXCEPT the 19-20th, I'll be 4WDing. :wink:

And I'd love to host. :D

Bill volunteered his house when I asked him to Saturday night.

I'm out of town the weekend of the 26th-27th. Any other weekend is good for me.

Well there goes January...but I could do the 5th if we had too...since we are doing it in oceanside I could get up to Costa Mesa for the closing reception that night...so does the 5th work for everyone? Discuss....

On 2007-12-17 15:38, Clysdalle wrote:
Well there goes January...but I could do the 5th if we had too...since we are doing it in oceanside I could get up to Costa Mesa for the closing reception that night...so does the 5th work for everyone? Discuss....

The 5th works for me.

Aloha Choppers,

We're planning a parking lot party gig Tikipalooza thang after the rainy season and would love to have Y'all there doing you're thang!
We'll talk more soon after the new year. Or, PM or email now if you like.

For me, anyday in jan will work as long as the strike is still on and I'm not back to work.

Lucky for us, Bills got a great pad and is a hosting whore. If we do it on the 5th, I'm going with Clysdalle for the closing night thingy......may be an excuse to drink or something.

B

My boss wants me to cross the ocean the other way in Jan. - date = ?....let's make a time and location up, and I will give him a black out date...if he don't like it, he can go "F" himself!

Sounds like a bitchin time Rev. B, There's a few folks from up north that I've been jawing with, that I would like to finally party with. Just let us know...I'm in.

Ok, lets plan on the 5th since that is the only date nobody has a problem with so far....man, we are going to have to start laying out the plan 6 months in advance to get babs there!

M
mieko posted on Mon, Dec 17, 2007 8:44 PM

5th sounds pretty good to me so far, and it would make it easier for me to get up to the closing reception that night as well. Sounds like a great full tiki day!

Mieko

B

5th - In.

Wheeler, you cool with that date?

Sure.

Drats! I'm booked for 1/5 and 1/12!

I'm getting carving withdrawal here.

But if anyone is interested in going down to my neck of the woods (San Fernando Valley) I think I may be able to host a chop in March or April.

So EVERY weekend in Jan is no good for one or more people. :cry:

This could be the month we change from monthly to weekly! :P

LOL! Not unless the price of gas goes back down to .25 cents a gallon!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 4:10 PM

You heard something, bro?

B

I think I've been to more Chops than Cammo.

cammo's oki oki tiki has been to more chops than he has!

HT

Don't Think I will be there for a while. Got a new job again, this time round trip from Long Beach So Cal, to Japan, then China and back. 35 day round trip. I'll keep Billy and Kate up to date where I am.

Happy days to all and a great New Year. See you Soon.

Brian

Life is not too short, its the longest thing we do.

When you get to China let me know how many things you see that are "Made in USA", kinda curious.

On 2007-12-18 21:17, H2O Tiki wrote:
Don't Think I will be there for a while. Got a new job again, this time round trip from Long Beach So Cal, to Japan, then China and back. 35 day round trip. I'll keep Billy and Kate up to date where I am.

Happy days to all and a great New Year. See you Soon.

Brian

Life is not too short, its the longest thing we do.

You just got back, too, ya bastard. Brother Reed will be here from the 1st to the 5th and you're going to miss him as well. I'll miss ya, my brother!

pops and I are out on the 5th , I'm on call that day, cant be to far away from the hospital. have a good chop.

Hey, here's an idea. What if we decide to have our chops on the same weekend every month, i.e. the first weekend of every month? Or the second, etc. Then we wouldn't have to go through this all the time!

Seems like a pretty sound concept, easier to plan for sure!

On 2007-12-20 17:54, 4WDtiki wrote:
Hey, here's an idea. What if we decide to have our chops on the same weekend every month, i.e. the first weekend of every month? Or the second, etc. Then we wouldn't have to go through this all the time!

That's how we Masons do it. 1st Thursday of every month is lodge for Brian and I.....never any doubt or question.

If I ever become my own biggest fan, somebody SHOOT ME!!

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM

http://myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

On 2007-12-20 23:57, Billy the Crud wrote:
1st Thursday of every month is lodge for Brian and I.....never any doubt or question.

I vote for the chops to be held on the first Thursday of every month. :lol:

Buzzy Out!

I 2nd that motion :D

Fuckers. Just for that, I'm going to start referring to myself in the "third person" in my posts, switching back to first whenever it's most annoying.

Brian is in Oakland tonight and I've told him to go to Forbidden Island and check it out. He doesn't have a sign-on for the ships' computer yet, but when he does, he'll be posting his "misadventures" with crab-laden Thai prostitutes and Russian Roulette tournaments in downtown Ho Chi Minh City. Rivetting stuff, it will be!!

Come to think of it.......I can't even jokingly refer to myself in the "third person". It's much too lame. I'll just slip a little LSD into the Mai Tai mix at the next chop. That oughta learn ya!!!

B

You got some LSD dude?

On 2007-12-21 13:37, Babalu wrote:
You got some LSD dude?

Not until you show me how to make it, Babs!

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Dec 21, 2007 6:36 PM

You guys should be nice to Billy. He's been a bit... you know, different, since the motorcycle accident.

He's a special boy.

On 2007-12-21 13:25, Billy the Crud wrote:
Brian is in Oakland tonight and I've told him to go to Forbidden Island and check it out. He doesn't have a sign-on for the ships' computer yet, but when he does, he'll be posting his "misadventures" with crab-laden Thai prostitutes and Russian Roulette tournaments in downtown Ho Chi Minh City. Rivetting stuff, it will be!!

Brian wasn't able to make it to FI, but he did get to drive the boat. Or is it, steer the ship? Anyway, at least he's still got those Thai prostitutes to look forward to. :wink:

Back on topic, I think holding the Chop on the same weekend every month would make things much easier.

I vote for 2nd Saturday of every month. No reason......Just a thought.

This is what Xmas is looking like at my pad this year......

Instead of killing a Pine, I'm using a pre-murdered Palm......

And these are a few of the things I've picked up this year from my creative new friends......

Plus, a little 92 proof yuletide cheer!

Mele Kaliki Maka, and Mahalo for all the good times, guys. Our group really made this a great year for me......regardless of the bike wreck and lay-off.

How about TWO chops in January? The 5th, and again the last weekend. It's pretty much a month apart... :wink:

I've got an event for us on the 20th, guys. The Mods & Rockers ride this year is looking for sponsors and I'm going to donate a mask or something in exchange for vending/carving space. This will be on a Sunday at Ski Beach(same as the PIFA). I'll have more details as I get them, but I'm sure Clyde will want to take the ride. It's all Brit-iron and scooters. Fun shit, man.......I've done this ride for the last three years and it just keeps getting better. Just one problem.......no bike this year!

LT

On 2007-12-23 15:03, Billy the Crud wrote:
I've got an event for us on the 20th, guys. The Mods & Rockers ride this year is looking for sponsors and I'm going to donate a mask or something in exchange for vending/carving space. This will be on a Sunday at Ski Beach(same as the PIFA). I'll have more details as I get them, but I'm sure Clyde will want to take the ride. It's all Brit-iron and scooters. Fun shit, man.......I've done this ride for the last three years and it just keeps getting better. Just one problem.......no bike this year!

If you want to put my Vespa together you can use it. It's a sweet '59 GS150; just needs some body work, paint assembly... :D

I'll help you get that sweet little scoot together, but there's no way in hell I'm ever riding with the Mods again........Blue smoke breathing headaches and a bunch of walking blisters is all I've ever gotten from scooter rallies. I had a sweet white 68 Supersport 180 (just before the P200) when I lived in the Bay area, but San Diego is just not good scooter territory in my opinion. I'm either vending, or driving behind to pick up after break-downs and accidents this year. You should make the ride, LOLtiki. Just because I'm sick of it dosen't mean it sucks......I'm just a grumpy old bitter fucker this year, that's all.

I'm just a grumpy old bitter fucker this year, that's all.

What are the plans for next year Billy? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember wonderin about those Selector/Smith's, shark skin suit wearin cats in school. Thank goodness I only wore what grandma bought me. Wranglers and Members Only, baby! Match made in....I have no idea where.

If I am not fillin in for Murf I may come on up for Chopin.

So are we chopping this Saturday???????????

On 2007-12-31 08:08, 4WDtiki wrote:
So are we chopping this Saturday???????????

Yes. We are. At your house. Remember? :wink:

Well, it never seems to be fully agreed upon...

But, cool, can't wait!

Pages: 1 2 3 141 replies