Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

new pics of lamps tiles and tikis!!! pg 7!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

S

so this is my new bar that is almost complete!! im so stoked, its been alot of work, money, and stress but we are in the decorating stage as of now so we are excited beyond belief! check it out and lemme know what you fink!?!?!?

jus' a lil paint and lots more stuff for the inside and well be there! it'll be done by new years!

A
V<
http://www.davewarshaw.com

[ Edited by: sleestak 2007-12-31 10:21 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2008-08-04 22:10 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2010-01-16 19:06 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2010-01-16 19:55 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2010-01-19 17:44 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2010-04-14 08:50 ]

[ Edited by: sleestak 2011-07-22 18:35 ]

that shit's epic dude . . . seriously call me tomorrow so i can help hang shit .

I'm syched !!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Dec 28, 2007 9:23 PM

Looks like a sweet pad to chill out in, well done :D Make sure you post some more pics when you've hung your stuff

I'm speachless.

A tikiphile who needs the bar fix so much, he built one from the ground up. Wow! :drink:
How many months did it take to complete?

S

thanks peeps! it took a few months to complete, thanks to my friend steve, its plumbed as well, we just ran out of funds to do "everything" if you know what i mean. we gonna put in floors still too. so its not really done, but close enough!!hehehe. i put up a bunch of hawaiian skateboards, a sears painting and an uncle leo last night, ill take more pics today. i have a 6 foot uncle leo black velvet that still needs to be framed.

Behold, the Finknook! That's fantastic, congrats. So, since I can't get a t-shirt, how 'bout fink-drink at the nook next time the band's down south?

-Weird Unc

S

your on!!

S

so today a couple o finkniks came over and we tweaked the room a bit. some new pics!!!!

looks like you've mastered the " camera on a broom " technique

I fink I dig it! I totally know how you feel about getting to the "decorating" part...I am right there with you man!

Nice Job man! When can I come over and help you break the place in?

Very kitchy...love the furniture, your Mr. Bali Hai collection...and is that a Predicta Holiday TV?

P

Excellent work.
Love that door.

The rest too, but the door... yeah.

some more stuff added to thee quiver! big uncle leo velvet!jack's belly board. finknook, '''its a go go go'''''

the television is a 1953 philco

Is it a Philco Predicta??? Great bar!!!

M

Amazing progress....

keep up the good work.

MR

Just stopped by the Finknook for the first time and it is like way gone!
Fantastic work. Stunning amount of cool stuff in there...and I know he's got a ton more ready to roll.
Crazy man crazy.

S

thanks you guys, we broke her in last night! hope everyone had a great new year!

S

the tv is a predicta princess

Wow, are you for hire??? I dig it!

S

actually my friend steve did like 90% of the construction. my ideas of course, my wife and i did all the wood work ie. staining etc. and i just went into the house and storage containers and unloaded! the decor just kind of worked itself out like that. i still have a lot more mugs and trinkets to go in, but i need to build more shelves. i just cut a longboard in half to use as a shelf to span the whole back wall. needless to say, it has become our new full time hang out! its also connected to our studio so you can enjoy a tasty beverage whilst the creepy creeps play! live shows in the finknook??? idunno? lemme fink bout that!

That TV IS cool - it looks great in your bar too.

S

thanks sam. you should see her in action! old biker films,go-go, etc! its a gas!!!!

ST

Pleeeease tell me that the longboard was not worth otherwise preserving!! I've been know to cannibalize boards for projects but just can't bring myself to destroy a longboard. Even when they are old and yellowed they still look great, like they have a really good story to tell you about the time they were surfing ....

S

dude c'mon surf tiki, obviously i wouldnt ruin ripping art! this was like an 80's pile that i retrieved out of my tweeker neighbors yard. it looked like someone shot one side with a cannon ball. i have bitchin long boards displayed all over our yard. but how about that jacks belly?? now thats ripping style!!

The Finknook rocks! Love the surf vibe.

S

thanks man, im actually puttin all of my bongo/beatnik albums up on an open section! ill post pics when done. heres a piece that matt reese did for the nook! thanks reesenik

how about some new pictures . . . like the surfboard shelf , fin-kook !!

S

so we just painted the joint, and roofed it as well! ill post pics up later this evening! its almost there!!!

Far out!

S

so here are some night time shots??!

omg, that thing is so awesome. I am so envious! Invite us over :) hugs~ tink xoxo

record shelves go up next, fer sure!

your hanging balls look awsome .

thanks for all the help man!

Lookin killer dude. I vote for pics of the longboard shelves also.

S

me too, ill get on it. i have already sawed it in half so it almost ready!!

On 2008-01-17 08:43, mike-stobbe wrote:
... your hanging balls look awsome.

:o

S

stop it, they are my balls

S

so we finally put up the record shelves! the sleeves are pretty (((BEAT))) so i gotta get some new ones soon!

A
V<
http://www.davewarshaw.com

[ Edited by: sleestak 2008-02-11 19:03 ]

Looking awesome!!! :)

S

thanks a lot! i was debating the idea of putting up exotica records too, but i think i may put them in resin as the bartop?? hmm, we will see!!!!

Ive got exotica covers if you need em...

If your giving them up I'll take a few.
Sleestak, the Finknook is looking great. Gotta have a gathering now that the weather has pockets of warm.

F

Too Fine!!! - been a long while since I've had a chance to roam around here, helluva bar there!

S

thanks dudes, y dudettes! im stoked you guys like it. did you say finknik fucklebuckle reesenik?? lets do it!

ST

Surf board shelf pics???

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies