Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

new pics of lamps tiles and tikis!!! pg 7!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

S

ive cut the board but its time hasnt arrived yet!

Gecko came by the other night! a tru honor. the finknook cant wait to have you back! aloha

S

some new things i never posted, so here they are...hope ya dig!
morning time in the finknook!

kookie bakelite baritone uke i scored in az.

the percussion corner, courtesy of mikey rattnik

and the beads! now are the beads hippie? or trippy? fink about it"

On 2008-03-30 16:13, sleestak wrote:
some new things i never posted, so here they are...hope ya dig!
morning time in the finknook!

kookie bakelite baritone uke i scored in az.

the percussion corner, courtesy of mikey rattnik

and the beads! now are the beads hippie? or trippy? fink about it"

I, for one, dig the beads.

In fact, your whole FINKNOOK is FANTASTIC! Wish I could experience it in person!
Peace,
Pete

S

i dig the beads as well!

ST

Oh mannnn,

no surf board shelf pictures

Dang it. Found a board in trash in the alley behind my house last week.
Might be shelf worthy but need reference material!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

hehehe! i know, im lagging on that one!

ST

No worries. Is that an old Santa Cruz skate deck? At first I thought it might be an old Alva but I think I can make out the ..anta on it.

S

its a santa monica airlines long board. very old school! very hard to find! good eyes!

Aloha sleestak!
Very Cool bar you got going there! happy times for you and your friends with a aweasome atmosphere,have fun my friend, Aloha, Mooney

S

aloha to you as well my friend! thank you for thee nice words!

W

Looks amazing! Can't wait to come over for a cocktail!

P.S. Hola everyone, I'm new here...

S

thanks wendy! glad to see you made it on here! we missed you this entire time! cant wait to have you dj the "NOOK"

Every day I type in Wendy to see what comes up. Oh Oh now there are two of us on TC. I'm really happy about that because I might have missed your thread otherwise. The photos are wonderful. Gecko's uncle Leo velvet is fantastic. Gecko also uses those aquariums to display mugs. Before tikis became our passion Dan collected records and we had a room covered in albums (Beach Boys are still a favorite). It's so much fun to see that there are so many related to tiki items to have fun with. You've a great room. See you at Oasis?

Wendy and Dan of danlovestikis
For photos of part or our decorations see
A Serious Hobby section at
http://www.claytikis.com

S

i will be at the oasis vending at the finknik booth!! my band will also be perfoming sat night we are the creepy creeps! see you there

That is so cool to know. I'll be with my art partner Gecko on and off at his booth. My husband will be running around shopping. We will both be on the lawn at your performance. We arrive on Wednesday and leave on Monday we do not want to miss a minute this year. See you there, Wendy

S

gecko was in the finknook last time he was over here. fun time!

Hey Dave looks Great, and JP's picks in Tiki mag were off the hook.
or should I say Finknook?
:wink:

I hardly ever come into Creating area of TC.
but I just happened to pop in today and saw this.

sorry I missed your show in LB.
I was actually at a surf show in PB at the Tiki that night.

see ya soon,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

the finknook is wayy radd slees. its cool too see the pics of it in its early stages, and to see the more up do date ones in tiki mag

the tv has died

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

no worries, i found a guy in desert hot springs who is goin to fix it up! he an old timer by the name of "PREDICTA-BILL"!!1 stoked

S

and it turns out to be a tru tiki weekend, were goin to stay at the tropics fri night! seems like it should be a blast! how is everybody? havent been on in a while!

S

heres the t-shirt design for thee bar! hope ya likes! i think im gonna have some at oasis.

That's jus WILD man!!

S

thanks a lot dude!

BADASS! Epic! Hardcore! If this were a paying bar, I'd plunk my cash down just to enjoy the atmosphere. I love the details, the textures, the nearly black mood shots.

The Finknook is the maxxed-out Tiki/exotica experience - hellacious work.

T
TEZ posted on Mon, Sep 15, 2008 4:55 PM

Looks fantastic mate, u've done a great job & a great collection too!....I'm very jealous!!!
TEZ
http://www.skullpussy.com

S

heres all new updated pics of our home bar, THE FINKNOOK!!!some of the photos are repeats from before, but now lived in w/ more stuff! Thanks to everyone who has shred the joint w/ us!! also the photos are with the lights on (for detail) and off so you know what its like when we chill! hope you like!

Looks great! Congrats to you. Is that a Louis Behan
velvet I see in this photo? Sure would love to see
a closeup if you can. Cheers!

Great nook! Dig it all! Those aquariums are the best, and those bar chairs rock. Too much to absorb in 1 look, I'll have to study it for a week!

S

thx guys, its crazy so yesterday i came home from work and my garage was completely flooded! i will post pics today! geez! the storage nook!!

B

Bummer about your garage. I had heard it was raining down your way (us being no stranger to rain and floods up here the NW) - I hope you were able to save your equipment there. Oh, and nice job on your Finknook! Hope you get to use it again for its intended purpose!

S

thanks, it'll be back soon enough!! it gives me the redecorate the garage option!

B

On 2010-01-19 17:39, sleestak wrote:
thanks, it'll be back soon enough!! it gives me the redecorate the garage option!

Making lemonaide out of lemons! I would just like to be able to get into my garage! It's so full of CRAP I can't find anything! Technically, if you believe in the "if you don't have it out of the moving box within six months get rid of it" idea, then my entire garage can be dumped! Glad it wasn't too bad :)

S

exactly, i unfortunately cant get rid of stuff either! thats why i had to build the Nook in da first place! hehehehehehe! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LOL! I tried that with my dining room - now it's just a catch-all for my Tiki stuff, bills, anything that happens to migrate there from anywhere else in the house - oh yeah, and my booze!

S

hahahahaha! well all the stuff is out of the bar and back in the studio! these storms are kicking our drought riddled asses! ive been goin round for round against mother nature, and im tellin ya, im not a gonna win this one! right now the score is 2 to 1 mother nature! my defensive side is performing excellent though! holdin her off.........for now hehehehehehehehe! aw schucks.

Boo Mother Nature!

About 10 years ago on New Years Eve there was a LOT of flooding as we had over a foot of snow melting fast. My husband decided to go out and help folks sandbag their property (we live on a small creek). When he got to this one lady's house he got out of his truck smoking a cig and the woman says "Oh great - a SMOKER!" like he was gonna come over and start blowing 2nd hand smoke into her face. He turned on his heel, informed her he hoped her house flooded, got back in his truck and drove to the next place where the folks there were grateful he had come to help. Some folks are AMAZINGLY shallow! Chin up and hope you have good neighbors - oh, and owning a canoe or kayak doesn't hurt either!

P

The photos from the flooding just turned my stomach, not only great tiki, but musical equipment as well damaged or destroyed? SO sorry, I can't imagine losing any of my instruments as they all carry sentimental value, let alone all the amplifiers...Did I see a sweet Vox amp in there, AND a Roland Space Echo? Bummer, hopefully once they've dried out, they'll be ok. I've dealt with flooded musical gear, I worked at a store in my area that flooded, and that was not a fun clean up. Good luck!!

Paul

S

everything is fine! we played the other night and everything worked great! only one guitar and a couple of basses were sitting in water! and yes those are what you saw! years and years of collecting gear! binson echorec also,(early pink floyd effect) an actual wire echo machine! pre tape!! but thanks for all the care! the FINKNOOK cannot be taken by mother nature yet!!!!!! not on my watch!! hahahaha!

S

new malibu spotlighting! gettin it ready for summy time!

amazing what some lights can do!

J

Do you have more pics of the "spear" roof on the left hand part of this picture? I'd like to make something similar...Is that open underneath or is it an actual roof?

S

heres a bunch of new pics! got some new volunteer lamps!!! did some new tile work as well! the tiles are from the late and great aztec bowl!!! hope you dig it...

Looking great...thanks for the update. I am still in love with your TV. ;~}

Hip pad Slee! Is this a water fountain? Very cool!

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies