Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Bamboo Grove of Westwood

Pages: 1 31 replies

Hi tiki pals, I'm about to start working on the website for my tiki vacation rental I'm needing a cleaver name for the joint. BUUUUT I'm the one person who is totally bad at naming things. HELP Please, here's some key words and information to play off of. its in West Seattle, the neighborhood is called Westwood. I'm close to Puget Sound.
Its all tikied up , my house is a MCM, theres a built in bar in the livingroom, and a wall size mural of one of my paintings.
anybody????
Dawn

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-01-07 17:46 ]
aw crap I have to go downstairs and take new pictures. I'l be right back.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-01-07 17:52 ]

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2008-02-24 21:04 ]

finally eres some pictures. Im 90% done, still have alot of finish work to do. plus painting the mural and putting in the bar.

kitchen

livingroom

livingroom, these windows to the private garden will get custom made barkcloth drapes

this wall in the livingroom is designated for te wall size mural and to the left will be the built in bar

this is the mural

here in the bedroom the wall behind the queen size bed will be completely covered in walnut wood panels of various sizes, rectanles and sqares, fit togeather Mondrian style

check out these cool hand carved closet doors from the 60's. Ive been saving these babies for years!

thespacious bedroom also has a sitting room area with MCM built ins , TV wit cable and the house has wireless internet

there is also a full bath with beautiful matchig fixtures from 1954, the same year the house was built.

heres one more picture this s purely for inspiration, this is upstairs where I live, with all of my favorite things. so Im sure that it wont be long before my vacation rental space starts to look like this. Im a decorating fool, I cant help myself

Sophista-tiki,

Looks nice. Check out the Tiki on a budget forum for lotsa good ideas..

-Rick

WOW! I can see the canopied tiki-scene is flowing here. I've been happy to have seen the pad in progress, and Dawn, you have done a fantastic job with all your hard work - & I completely believe you that more will be added! (that's just your "thing") Now as far as a name is concerned...that's a tough one. We've got Sophista-tiki and the word "vacation"....so hows about "Dawn's West Seattle Sophista-cation Oasis"..?.., Regardless, congrats on your beautiful addition. Can Tiki Joe rent it out for a week or so 'cause I need a nap!

Tiki Joes Pop My space is always available for a hideout! Im even thinking of going down there to take a vacation from my own life! I should have the mural completed by the weekend, I will post an updated pic. dawn

R

Wow, this place looks boss! :D

So have you decided which name yet?!

The Sophista-tiki Grotto :)

Ive been tossing around all of thenames that have so far been suggested, I like the sophista-tiki grotto, I was also kinda liking THE HIDDEN LANAI, but Im going to keep working on it, nothing has jumped out and grabbed me jet.
ERES AN UPDATED LIST My new favorite is HAVAIKI

lanui lanai
Hidden lanai
westwood waolani
bamboo grove
Hi-fi hideaway
Sophista-tiki Grotto
havaiki
The primitiva pad
primitiva of westwood
hale sophista-tiki
Tahitian terrace
Huna house
the modern marquesan
the papuan

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-01-13 13:01 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-01-13 13:03 ]

I'm moving in! :D How well thought out a space, you really got the touch, Dawn. I hope you get to realize that museum exhibit idea eventually.

I have to think of a name...darn....it really should give the sense of an escape, an oasis, an otherworldly space....

Thanks Sven, You can come stay at my house any time. I do have a master plan that includes both the vacation rental AND the museum project. My goal with renting out part of my house is to get my house to pay for itself. with that big part of the picture taken care of I wont have to work so hard and i can start to spend time building and developing the msueum project.

I know Ive said this a thousand time before But I mean it this time I WILL have websites up by the end of the month. Sophista-tiki ( for my art) Polynesia Americana ( for the musum) and a web site for the vacation rental

Im sure a night at Bush Gardens with 3 or 4 mai tais will resolve the name issue. Im still crackin up about LLT's suggestion of Pakalolo Palace!!! Ha ha I wish I could use that one. Dawn

Im closing in on a name Hidden Lanai, and Bamboo Grove are in the top 2 spots.
I like HAWAIKI OF WESTWOOD "accommodations for the modern primitive" I have had great response from my myspace bullitin, alot of fun suggestions.

Ok we just voted The bamboo grove of westwood Thank YOU WOOFMUTT!!!!!

Wow...great space. Very well thought out and good match of colors and furniture. If I am ever up north...that would be my choice of accommodations. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hey Dawn!
The space looks great and great name!! Something tells me your going to be booked well in advance for any future Jetcity Tiki shindigs! (...and you'd be on one of the home bar tour stops too!!)

Aloha!
How about 'Tiki Hideaway'? Still has your tropical theme, yet has that sense of privacy!
Hope this helps!
Tootles!
LoyallyLOST

we decided last night and The bamboo Grove of Westwood has a myspace page URL
http://www.myspace.com/bamboogroveofwestwood The official website will hopefully be up by the end of January with the booking information etc. I think I will be accepting my first bookings by the end of March. this gives me time to finish up all of the details and work on the garden a bit. sooooo much work but Hopefully it will al be worth it! cant wait to have guests! Thanks Dawn

T

On 2008-01-15 13:03, Sophista-tiki wrote:
we decided last night and The bamboo Grove of Westwood has a myspace page URL
http://www.myspace.com/bamboogroveofwestwood The official website will hopefully be up by the end of January with the booking information etc. I think I will be accepting my first bookings by the end of March. this gives me time to finish up all of the details and work on the garden a bit. sooooo much work but Hopefully it will al be worth it! cant wait to have guests! Thanks Dawn

Hi Dawn,

Your link is not working Try this one: Bamboo Grove of Westwood You may need to be signed into myspace for it to work though.

Beth

Thanks Tgrl, for providing a working link Im still tweeking the page

The Bamboo Grove just had its first sucessful party!!! dogbytes took lots of pictures and the guests were impressed with the size of the space. Theres still alot of details to finish, but its getting closer every day. The website for the Bamboo Grove is also complete and I will be accepting bookings begining in March.
I will let this evenings guests post their 2 cents worth . Dawn
Dont forget to ask about the sides ( extra packages that can be ordered in advance)

ut oh! i pretty much just took pictures of the people AT Westwood Bamboo Grove! THANKS for having us over, Dawn ~ what a fun relaxing evening.

T

On 2008-02-25 11:03, dogbytes wrote:

That last picture made me laugh... woofmutt's got a tail?

Great pictures, Dawn, the place looks amazing

Beth

Now THAT was some fun. What a great get together, Dawn - thanks for having us. Tiki Joe never looked so AWARE of a happening scene. Elise was such a doll, too. Great shots, Dogbytes! Here's to the Bamboo Grove of Westwood ~ CHEERS! -TJP ps Dawn, that cocktail is certainly a keeper.

The Bamboo Grove of Westwood has an official website where the calendar can be viewed for booking. http://www.bamboogroveofwestwood.com I will be hosting another cocktail party when some of the landscaping is done and its a little warmer outside. I still have alot of tikis to add! Dawn

T

[ Edited by: Aaron's Akua - removal of chinese spam - 2008-03-21 13:34 ]

Thanks for bumping The Bamboo Grove of Westwood. but HUH?
I'm actually custom making platform beds right now. Ive decided on the option of 2 twins or a king. most versatile plan!!

down the road I will be building a hut in the back yard next to the pond. this will be in addition to the large covered patio area. with a set of vintage rattan for lounging outdoors. Unfortunately having a bamboo gazebo in Seattle would require to much maintenance.

updated pics of the Bamboo Grove. Tere are stilla few things I want toadd, including more art, inside and out. and im still building the waterfall.

T

Dawn

How much is it a night ?

This makes me wanna visit Seattle.

Awesome.

INCREDIBLE WORK DAWN!
love those angled bamboo poles on the outdoor patio!
What a great pad! Kudos Tiki Freaker Outer!

YEA thanks, its looking better everyday as the new timber bamboo shoots in the back yard are staring to leaf out. I also filled the pond today. The pictures of the woods and the beach are both within walking distance. The beach is Lincoln Park to the west and that's Puget Sound. Also shown in that picture is the Fauntleroy Ferry dock where you can take the ferry out to the San Juan Islands. The Bamboo Grove is one block from ALL amenities( grocery, bank, Post office and assorted shopping) except a good tiki bar. but there are a couple of liquor stores in the neighborhood to purchase ingredients for mixing your own cocktails while standing behind the built-in bar

Im charging $95/night. The calendar can be viewed for booking at http://www.bamboogroveofwestwood.com

the Bamboo Grove of Westwood is offering fall and winter discounts from now until Jan. 09. If you will be traveling to Seattle for the holidays and just cant stand the thought of staying with the relatives or you are looking for a vintage modern tropical retreat in the midst of the rain then The Bamboo Grove awaits your arrival!
visit http://www.bamboogroveofwestwood.com to check availability and get booking information.

(TC members, wink wink nod nod, extra specialness for you!!!)
I am also starting to offer the special packages
THE BEACH COMBER
THE DRIFT-IN
THE MAROONED

the special packages are starter groceries and everything needed to mix selected cocktails.

UPDATE: the Bamboo Grove is booked through the winter. hope to see some TC friends next spring and summer. Dawn

Pages: 1 31 replies