Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

This is an absolutely beautiful vintage 50s tiki bar

Pages: 1 9 replies

Tiki bar on ebay

I was going to bid on it but it jumped $800 today! Instead I'm saving all the photos in hopes of building a replica.

If you are looking for something with style and not necessarily vintage, there are lots of places that sell bars. Take a peek at the following.

BarTiki
TikiBars

..and then there is always eBay, or antique shops!!! Best of luck. :)

I really intended all along to make my own, but when I saw the "real" one on ebay I fell in love. But it quickly went out of my price range. Besides being authentic, it has all those special touches -- drawers (including the lined on) instead of shelves, towel bar, tray, etc. I guess I'm back to making my own.

But thanks fo the links -- I can get some additional good ideas from there.

..good for you....i would build my own as well...there is no way that bar is worth $1000 (except for one person).....when you posted this i clicked on the link expecting to see something so outrageous and cool but found that the only thing outrageous about it was the price....don't get me wrong, it is a nice looking bar, but anyone here can build that thing in their sleep it's so simple.....i expect yours will come out just fine and last twice as long!!

there's an old saying....."those that can, do....those that can't have to resort to wasting their money on ebay"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-01-20 08:38 ]

T

Try to find one thats cheap and has all the shelves/drawers you want.
Even if it's not the right style. Then add bamboo or rattan to tikify
it. Sometimes you can get them for less than the wood would cost to make it.
Try craigs list.

You have to admit, the galvanized tin ice bin is special (not 1.1K worth of special, mind you). I'm for sure going to use that idea for upgrades to Hinky Drinks.

Janet,

If you are willing to travel to West Texas, I know of a rattan one for sale. Just need to track down the owner of the building to let us in. Probably in the $200-$400 range.

I love West Texas, even though it's far far from the ocean. We could bring the Tiki Hut (our travel trailer). :D

Sure!
Email me and I'll see if I can set you up with info.

Hi, beadtiki my sister bought a tiki bar something from the 70s' on craigslist. It was ugly. They took off the crap,,naugahide and other ugllleee stuff. They then found bamboo for free on craigslist and drove over an hour away to pick up a truckload of 8' bamboo. That was in excellent condition. My dad cut in half and to size and they have attatched to the front of it. It just takes time thats all. They are still working on it. So always check craigslist or the nickle want ads.

Pages: 1 9 replies