Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm 4th Annual Sale great new photos pg 15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

We’re just 1-week away from our 4th annual parking lot sale! If you’ve been to our past sales, then you know that this is an event that should not be missed! This is your opportunity to purchase artist & manufacturer direct from 34 different Tiki vendors, including…

(in alphabetical order)

4WD Tiki
Aloha Spirit
Badland Beads
Big Toe
Bowana
Clysdale
Crazy Al
Falling Cocos
Freak Factory
GoGo Tiki
Happy Chi
Hardcore Tiki
Little Lost Tiki
Monkeyman Designs
Nutty Hawaiian
San Diego Tiki Factory
Skinny Dog Designs
Smokin’ Tikis
Speakitiki
Swampfire Lounge
Tiki Broker
Tiki Farm
Tiki Kings
Tiki Lee
Tiki Magazine
Tiki Maker
Tiki Ray
Tiki Swag
Tiki Toss
Tikiland
Toastin’ Traders
Tropical Designs by Mieko
Tygerjimmy
Velvet Glass

This is so much more then just a parking lot sale. We’ve got “DJ Lava Flow” spinnin’ tropical tunes all day long, a professionally supervised “Keiki coloring room” so that you parents can get in some quality shopping time. There’s the “Tropical Paradise Dancers” that will be both performing & doing a Hula workshop for anyone interested. We’ll have Hawaiian Shave Ice & Hawaiian style hot dogs (with Hawaiian fruit relishes). PLUS the kicker…
LIVE at 3pm…
“THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA”!

This is the 1x every year where we offer up our line of Tiki Farm VERY slight second Tiki mugs, bowls, shots & decanters for prices SO LOW – we cannot mention them here! We’ve been very busy creating so many new designs since our last sale that you’re bound to find something new at a bargain basement price!

Some of the featured vendors this year are…

TIKI MAKER

That first piece of palm trunk was found on the side of the road, buried by dust but nevertheless taken in by the TikiMaker and transformed into his very first Tiki sculpture. Residing under the sun in Huntington Beach, the TikiMaker carves these sculptures with the simple technique of chainsaw, blowtorch, and assorted glosses to create a clean, professional look. His broad, colorful designs range from manic toothy smiles with teardrop eyes to the barbaric scowls on blazing monsters. For six years, the TikiMaker has been selling pre-made Tikis from his home and the Orange County Marketplace, while also accepting custom orders through his website

SKINNY DOG DESIGN

Carvings served the purpose of recording history and events of the South Pacific cultures, because there was no written language. Tikis are human forms representing ancestors or absent warriors, whose spirit will guard the wearer of the carving. Skinny Dog Design’s “Tabu Tiki” line of fine jewelry pays homage to these ancient carvings with their intricately detailed sterling silver and gold pendants, necklaces and rings, many of their designs further infused with beautiful Tahitian pearls. Visit them online at

KEN RUZIC (aka Little Lost Tiki)

Ken Ruzic has been painting and exhibiting since 1989. A youthful visit to DisneyWorld's Enchanted Tiki Room and 12 years working in the surf industry nurtured his love of Oceanic Myths and Art. Ken has recently exhibited at the Tiki Magazine show at the Bali Hai, the SurfBeat group exhibit,and he will have paintings in M-Modern's 5th Anniversary Tiki Show in May.

Besides original paintings, Ken has also produced two Tiki Coloring books, art books and prints full of his delightful characters. Ken’s curiosity, humor and drive have helped him create hundreds of pieces that have found their way into Tiki huts around the world. Check out more of Ken’s work at

WHEN: SATURDAY APRIL 19th, 9:00am – 5:00pm!
WHERE: Tiki Farm, 1305 Calle Avanzado San Clemente, CA 92673

If you want to make a b-line to get to your favorite vendor first, here’s a copy of the grounds layout…

This is a rain or shine event and sorry but NO EARLYBIRDS will be allowed on the vending grounds before the 9am opening to the public.

IMPORTANT: THERE WILL BE NO AFTER-PARTY AT MUGOOMBA. THE CITY HAS OUR MUGOOMBA BAR AS A "NON-PUBLIC GATHERING PLACE". With so many people possibly showing up and under the city's watchful eye, it can't happen. So, why don't we start throwing around possibly heading up to the Royal Hawaiian (about a 25 minute drive up the coast from Tiki Farm) or perhaps we can all get together at Fisherman's down at the San Clemente pier? The cocktails aren't anything to shake a stick at, but it's a great location with a killer view of the California coastline. Their seafood is also top notch.

IMPORTANT: There is no parking for guests both in the Tiki Farm complex and in any of the adjacent, privately owned parking complexes. All parking is ON STREET only. If you park in any of the adjacent parking lots, you may get towed. Vendors and the band do get preferred parking in the Tiki Farm compound but there are more vendors then there are available spots... first come - first parked.

Many of you have also been asking about having cocktails at the event. Just drink responsibly and all should be cool. As we're not serving cocktails (originally what the city had thought), it's now not much of an issue with them.

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-05-08 17:47 ]

I just wanted to take a moment to say, "Yeah!!!!!!!!!" The Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale was by far my best shopping day of 2007.

Sign me up! Last year's Parking Lot Sale was not just a shopping experience but a total event! What a great time with great people!

Wouldn't miss it!

Dammit!

Damn USA being so damn far across.

I have heard great things about this event.

...there are days when the west coast appeals to this northern yankee...

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 8:31 AM

Leisure Master -

Take the LIRR to Ronkonkoma, and jump on the Southwest Air plane to San Diego. If you reserve now you can get a Super Saver fare.

I'll pick you up at the airport, drop you at a hotel and maybe even give you a ride to the event.

And stop whining, fer crissakes, yer from New York!

T

Hey Holden, I sure hope it's on the 19th, I'll be away on business on the 26th. I don't want to miss this event. I've great things about it & it sounds like it's going to be even better this year.

I 2nd the vote for the 19th as I am planning on going to SF bay area on the 26th.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

M

Holden,

We're going to do the Forbidden Island Mug Auction in April- keep me posted about your dates so we can work around each other.

Mahalo!

Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 19th. The sale will run from 9am until either 3pm or 5pm (depends upon the feedback from the school). I'll post up the flyer online after all vendors are finalized.

Less then 24 hours after the announcement, vendors onboard thus far: 27

These are ALL top shelf vendors, too! This once-a-year sale really offers attendees an opportunity to do a wide breadth of shopping for Tiki & Pacific Island inspires wares.

This is also the event where Tiki Farm BLOWS OUT all useable slight second mugs. The prices are so low, I can't mention them here.

And the entrance fee for the sale? $0

Count me in!
already sent you my info!
Last year WAS a BLAST!
I vote to have it open til 5!
Man! I better start painting!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 3:26 PM

You sold around 36 paintings at the Three Kings Art show, and you took 200, so you should have around 164 left, right? How much inventory do you need LLT?

R

I totally can't wait!

Last year rawked!!!

:D

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 3:37 PM

GROG heard that Ravenne was going to have a kissing booth?

R

On 2008-01-29 15:37, GROG wrote:
GROG heard that Ravenne was going to have a kissing booth?

Who blabbed!

MT

She'll be kissin' a lot of squares. Toads too.

R

T

Im carving as we speak . I hope there will be free water again this year . Last years batch was refreshing !

D

[ Edited by: dibroc 2008-03-11 11:50 ]

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Jan 29, 2008 6:08 PM

I'll have a pot of Coconut Kona Java going at my space all day. It's free for anybody who says the secret password;

"BANANAMAN!"

Heck, it's free for anybody who wants some.

On 2008-01-29 15:21, MakeDaMug wrote:
Less then 24 hours after the announcement, vendors onboard thus far: 27

Is there a limit on number of vendors?

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2008-01-29 18:35 ]

TT

sometimes i really hate being stuck in Australia

TT

On 2008-01-29 16:55, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Im carving as we speak . I hope there will be free water again this year . Last years batch was refreshing !

must be hard to type and carve... you are so talented

TL

Hey Holden, for those of us originally "from away:" just where is San Clemente High?
I get several addresses in Google Maps.
Thanks!

T

Hell Trav , you should see me in bed . I have to keep Gatorade right on the nightstand to keep my fluids up !

me try to set new record and sell everything this time!

last time came back with almost nothing.

little bird?

cheep
cheap!!

On 2008-01-29 21:28, Tiki Lion wrote:
Hey Holden, for those of us originally "from away:" just where is San Clemente High?
I get several addresses in Google Maps.
Thanks!

San Clemente High School is right off the 5 at Pico:

700 Avenido Pico
San Clemente, CA 92673-5681

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Jan 30, 2008 8:17 AM

"Hell Trav, you should see me in bed. I have to keep Gatorade right on the nightstand to keep my fluids up!"

Now that's TEXAS-style braggin'!

On 2008-01-30 07:25, WooHooWahine wrote:

San Clemente High School is right off the 5 at Pico:

700 Avenido Pico
San Clemente, CA 92673-5681

Mahalo WooHoo; you always put a smile on my face!

:—>

I'm slowly getting mobility back after several months of particularly nasty health stuff.

Count Me in Paint Paint Paint ,

A Shopping I will go! I've got a big empty outdoor patio 13' x 20' which will be transformed into a tiki bar/lounge sooner rather than later....so I've got stuff to buy baby!

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2008-02-01 17:47 ]

will there be a tiki band or a surf band?
or because its at a public place, will that be hard, because of Permits for live music?

if so, what about dj?
may I?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sorry Jeff!
According to my inside sources, a merry collection of Bach Organ Fugues
will be broadcast over the sound system to add drama to the event....
and GROG will probably perform a butt trumpet version of "Tiny Bubbles"
:lol:

Myself and Kim (Badland Beads) will be there! This Sale always has amazing vendors and is a complete hoot. Can't wait!

Shameless Plug:
badlandbeads.com
myspace.com/badlandbeads

On 2008-01-30 23:46, bigtikidude wrote:
will there be a tiki band or a surf band?
or because its at a public place, will that be hard, because of Permits for live music?

if so, what about dj?
may I?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I heard "Stoned Moai" is playing and there will be a glory hole in the porta potty.

I'm in of course.....last year was a great time!!! Hoping to have a flock of new stuff ready for the sale!

Looking forward to it.

TT

ok.. so there is a chance i may be there... working on some stuff right now but cant say much... but may be spending alot more time stateside..

On 2008-02-03 17:55, Tiki Trav wrote:
... but may be spending alot more time stateside..

Sorry about your mom kickin ya out of the house Trav! :lol:
stoked to see that you'll be lurking the USA more this year!
Hope to see you at the parking lot sale!

TT

On 2008-02-03 18:46, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2008-02-03 17:55, Tiki Trav wrote:
... but may be spending alot more time stateside..

Sorry about your mom kickin ya out of the house Trav! :lol:
stoked to see that you'll be lurking the USA more this year!
Hope to see you at the parking lot sale!

Just for that comment i am gonna slick down your hair...
Cant wait to get over there...
See ya soon!

I Can't Wait! I had such a great time meeting everyone last year & can't wait to hang with you all again!

J

Will there be any special hotel room rates available for us out-of-towners planning to make the trek?
Mahalo!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Feb 4, 2008 7:49 PM

I'm going to see what I can do to work a business trip around this one to be there. If I'm in town, I'm SO there!

T

If there is no band or DJ I will have plenty of speakers available to get the appropriate sounds out!
TikiRick

any possibility of having a little chop with this too?

yes please make mine pork :lol: :D

B
BigToe posted on Thu, Feb 7, 2008 5:44 PM

i'm like TOtally there.

Butt only if i can be sandwiched between Kinny and da Clydesdale.

tee hee

bT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies