Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm 4th Annual Sale great new photos pg 15

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies

Thank you Holden and everybody else who made this event happen. Great time!!! Tikipops, good seeing you again, hopefully someday we will be able to hear your speakers in your tiki lounge (get to work). Gogo and Dani great talking to you and look forward to seeing you at Caliente. Those wine glasses were amazing, really liked the blue ones. Everybody else, thanks for the Aloha spirit.

Gogo and Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel was one of the many new additions we picked up!

Jeff

[ Edited by: gonegoannas 2008-04-20 19:33 ]

T

First YouTube video of The Tikiyaki Orchestra is in...

Shot by TC's own JoeBanks (Scott Mabbutt).

Many big Mahalos to Scott for doing a 2 camera pro shoot...Awesome !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohVDlxx3cM

D

What a cool day. Holden, Jorge and Sharon you pulled off another great event thanks for the the hard work. As a small part of helping with this kind of event you all have no idea what kind of time and work goes into it to make it all happen. Paula had another great turn out in the Kids' Room. What fun it was to see some of the next Tiki artists getting a start. Big Mahalo to The Tropical Paradise Dancers with DJ Gary Lava Flow for a full day of music and dance. The Tikiyaki Orchestra was beyond what any of us expected and we had very high expectations to say the least. You fellows ripped it up. Also big thanks to all the vendors. You all made it a shopping day unlike anything else. I think the guy Holden was thanking was the vendor from Freaky Tiki, you went out of your way to help out with things and I too say thanks. I want to thank everyone for understanding about the parking, loading and unloading for the event. We have a small amount of space to get you all in and out and rules from the complex owners, other tenants and the city that have to be followed. If I barked at you about where you were parking or driving keep in mind it was just for the safety of the other people at the event and to keep the outside forces happy. . If we all were to just go where and when pleased the controlled kaos we had would have been much worse. I think I was conned, and that is not an easy thing to do, by the "late arrival" of the carved Tikis as well.I do hope Holden is able to collect for the extra space as we should all pay our fair share to vend. If nothing else we all had a lesson in the "correct" way to transport, load/unload, paint and burn a hand crafted work of art.

R

This was the first time I ever went to the Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale and I had a blast! :D
Everyone was way cool as usual! :)

I Loved the Tikyaki Orchestra! You guys RAWKed on hard!
I'm glad there is a youtube of it!

I have pictures from the event but will post them later tonight!

:D

A

We had a good time, but what was up with the cold weather? Brrrrrrrrrr

I couldn't believe how cheap the Tiki Farm mugs were. We bought two mugs and a bowl that would have cost $54.85 online (not counting tax and shipping), and only paid a total of $20. Woo hoo!

THANK YOU Holden and to everyone who helped out to put this event together. It was good to see everyone. Tiki Orchestra was excellent. Until next year.

Z
Zaya posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 2:02 PM

Thank you Holden for a great event! It's always fun catching up with our friends, and great to meet new ones. Here are my picture's from the big event...

Buzzy and Cammo's booth

Buzzy hard at work

Mieko, Mieko's mom, and Bowana in the freezing section. Tiki Dav, are you in there?

Polly, Kirby and Clysdalle

Kenny and I, darn wind! :)

Lennie and Bill (4WDTiki)

Buzzy and CheekyGirl rock the Tiki Bling!!

Buzzy and Grog with an "autographed" copy of Tiki Magazine

I got an autograph from Grog and a kiss!

Thanks again everyone!

Zaya

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 3:18 PM

On 2008-04-21 08:54, goddess-sun wrote:

Monkeyman with Monkeypod Mug? How many lucky tiki peeps got one?

its not a real mug .. it was a prototype that I was using for display.

maybe someday...

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 3:50 PM

On 2008-04-21 15:22, Monkeyman wrote:
its not a real mug .. it was a prototype that I was using for display.

maybe someday...

Display or tease? :D LOL (gentle prod) Monkeyman, looking at the sculpt on your website, I really hope that you can find a way to make your mug happen, it is a very unique mug design. I would love be able to drink a Monkeypod from one of your mugs someday.

Mahalo to the entire Tiki Farm Crew for warming a cloudy afternoon with Aloha spirit! Next year Freaky Boutiki brings younger staff so us fogeys can spend our time playing with ohana. We had the coolest neighborhood for the afternoon! 4WD, Tiki Ray, Tiki Lee, Nick, Crazy Al and Kinny across the lane and Jason, Buzzy, Zaya and the Camm Fam hanging out in the backyard. Can we BBQ & camp out next year? Unfortunately I didn't have much to spend on myself so the only items I purchased for my own collection were a Buzzy Rotorua Bling Prototype and a mod Cammo resin ZorkMork. Sweet!

Nice to meet so many nice folks. Sorry about the occassional line out the tent, We'll have our shit together better next time. We just brought too much cool stuff. Some things like our Legendary Tiki Temples switch plates and pyrex cutting boards never made it out of the boxes (I'll post pics in marketplace) and I'll bet everybody would have appreciated a treasure chest full of toasty Baja hoodies. Hmmmm?

Oh well, live and learn.

I was about to curse JonPaul for missing all the great shots of Tikiyaki till I saw him with a bass strapped across his chest!
Heros all! Mahalo Jim. You truely made my year as well as exceeding most attendeed high expectations.

Drumroll please.......

A hearty So-So Cal Huzzah to Official Freaky Boutiki Best Customer on the Day: Tiki Kate, who seemed to be in our booth as often as we freaks! Young lady, you may pic up your fabulous award at our original Mission Beach Location. (I'm not kidding! Hint: It was grown in Kekaha, HI.)

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2008-04-22 15:05 ]

T

OK Folks, here's another video clip shot by our own JoeBanks !!!

"Waikiki Serenade" featuring a bongo extravaganza in the mid section.

enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CGvePqLcr4

MORE PICS?!?
I KNOW THERE'S MORE PICS OUT THERE!
:)

T

Another striking pose by LLT

On 2008-04-22 14:30, hodadhank wrote:
Drumroll please.......

A hearty So-So Cal Huzzah to Official Freaky Boutiki Best Customer on the Day: Tiki Kate, who seemed to be in our booth as often as we freaks! Young lady, you may pic up your fabulous award at our original Mission Beach Location. (I'm not kidding! Hint: It was grown in Kekaha, HI.)

Fabulous. Did I win Chongolio? :blush: Oh wait. Wrong side of the island.

I definitely need to make a point of stopping by next time I'm down in your neck of the woods. Thanks so much for supporting my shopping endeavors.

On 2008-04-23 17:25, TikiRick wrote:
Another striking pose by LLT

The painting to the very left of the picture (with the unique Bamboo Ben frame!) is now hanging in my living room. Ken, I swear I'll post a picture of it with Bailey (our little white dog) soon! I also managed to score a mug rack from Cammo, and my very own Bamboo Ben tiki bar that I bought from the couple that was hanging out with WooHoo Wahine and Soccer Tiki...I forgot your Tiki Central names! Thanks everyone for the cool stuff. With that and Viva Las Vegas in the same 2 week span, I am now officially broke!

R

Well I finally uploaded a TON of pics on to my laptop, so here is what i snapped from the TFPLS!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW!

Squid lookin fab!

8track..tapes?

Wee! this piece caught my eye, and it has a happeh new home now! Thanks Kin! ya RAWK!

Tikiyaki Orchestra!

Oooo trouble.....I thought this was the funniest thing ever! :lol:

...Then back to playing! :lol:

It was totally awesome! Can't wait for next year! :lol: :D

"It's like a Koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

[ Edited by: ravenne 2008-04-29 11:27 ]

Nice Pix Ravenne....

One word....

Evidence !

BTW....LLT should be expecting a call from Larry H Parker ( I'll FIGHT for you !!!) as we speak....BOOTLEGGER !!!!

CURSES!
Foiled Again!
i would have gotten away
with selling those bootleg Tikiyaki 8 tracks
if it weren't for those meddling kids!

M

Just got my hands on these photos, compliments of my pal David Dye (TC: Tikidye)...
Crazy Al...

Nash Yoshii of Burnout Magazine...

Mr. G...

Katie (my assistant Sharon's daughter)...

Nick...

Jetwrench...

some dude (dig the jacket)...

Al & Sharon...

Tropical Paradise Dancers...

Tikiyaki...

Tikiyaki Jim...

Tikiyaki...

Phat Elvis striped by Mr. G...

TIKIMUG being striped by Mr. G...

And this photo below... well, this is probably my favorite photo currently of all-time. Shown here is our local nerd Little Lost Tiki and one of the most talented artists in Tiki that you've never heard of (or much of) - Marcus Pizzuti.

On 2008-05-08 17:55, MakeDaMug wrote:
and one of the most talented artists in Tiki that you've never heard of (or much of) - Marcus Pizzuti.

I bought a couple of Marcus' cool pieces. Can you tell us about him, Holden?

A

Hey -- Did I miss it, or did Tiki Farm not have its annual parking lot sale this year?

These are pics from last year

I was just assuming Bamboo Ben's nooner was taking the place of the Tiki Farm sale this year.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 215 replies