Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Disneyland to screw Tiki...Again..It really is a Small World, afterall...

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

TS

As most Socal Tcrs know that the "Its A Small World" attraction has been closed due to America "plumping up". So they are refurbishing the canals and making them deeper to accomodate heavier America, and so the boats do not bottom out as they have in the past. Problem is, Disney Executives see it as an opportunity to spruce things up with the attraction...Their Idea? Remove the New Guinea rainforest scene, replete with some of Mary Blair’s most whimsical character creations (a crocodile with an umbrella, colorful birds hatching from eggs) and her drummer children with Tiki Masks on the opposite shore will be replaced with a Hooray for U.S.A sequence. When will this type of madness end at Disney? Anyhow this topic could have went into beyond tiki as well i suppose, but since they are ONLY planning to replace the New Guinea tiki scene from the ride, I figure here would be Ok. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they are adding a Stitch in the Hawaiian Scene of the attraction as well. If you care to read more details, check the blog link below, and if anyone has John Lasseter or Tony Baxters email addy, I'd be obliged!PM me
http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2008/03/world-of-tears.html

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-03-06 09:38 ]

A

That rumbling you hear is Walt rolling in his grave.

T

I'm long food stocks.. Guess you can say 'lard ass Amerikcan's' are my bread and butter !!!!

Settle down, settle down...nothing has been revealed yet, and sources (for example, Al Lutz of MiceAge.com) have been known to: a) get things wrong; and/or b) blow them out of proportion.

(Just what is it with all the animosity toward Stitch around here?)

G

On 2008-03-06 10:55, TikiLaLe wrote:
I'm long food stocks.. Guess you can say 'lard ass Amerikcan's' are my bread and butter !!!!

Wow. Such an impressive, yet completely incomprehensible statement.

TWO

There's a rumor the The Enchanted Tiki Room is closing this year as well. Let's hope it proves to be untrue.

T

Why would Disney sink all that money in refurbishing Enchanted Tiki Room just to close it? That would suck!!! It wouldn't the first stupid thing I've seen...

T

On 2008-03-06 16:00, GatorRob wrote:

Seems like your still stuck in that I-4 Traffic !!!

O

Seems like this may be a future trend for Disney , Trader Vic's and others? I sure hope not.
Walt Disney once said that building Disneyland was a labor of love, not just to make money.
quote from the Imagineer blog
mr wiggins said...

The physical size of the revisions isn't the issue. It's the story, the symbolism, of the proposed changes -- and that they are proposed for that attraction -- that heralds a new voraciousness in the company's self-consumption. The IASW revision, on the surface of concern only to rabid legacy fans, would symbolize the domination of Disney's marketeering culture over Disney itself.

It would signal an acceleration of Disney's consuming of its own core values -- literally, the gnawing of its cultural foundations -- to feed its present greed.

If approved and built, the IASW revisions would mark a profound shift in Disney's history. Not because of what the revisions represent to us, but because of what they represent to Disney.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-03-06 20:09 ]

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-03-06 20:11 ]

T

On 2008-03-06 16:00, GatorRob wrote:

Actually, gotta disagree...if you're "long" on food stocks, then lard ass american's would be your butter. If you were "short" on food stocks, then you'd be thinking america just went anorexic...jargon-y? yes. incomprehensible? no.

TS

Yeah, its pretty sickening if you are true to disney concepts, and to constantly see this happening at the park. The whole upper management just baffles me for their lack of vision and aesthetic works these days. When the little things are picked at in the park and changed or removed, its only a matter of time before the Big things receive the attentions, and are also changed or removed. I for one, am going to voice my opinions to the CEO/President of Disneyland resorts, for nothing else, to get it off of my chest. I don't expect them to halt the remodel on account of my letter, but I will let them know that the smalltime people like me, are watching them...And we all know its the "smalltimers" that "drum" up 75 percent of Disney's annual revenues.

T

75% of smalltimers add to the Mickey's bottom line ....that would be true if we didn't have this this this housing mess !!! Crude must be pimping/pumping out at close to 4 /gal in LA LA Land !!!!

Go get 'em, TS!

"Save the Rainforest at D-Land!"

What'd'ya think about fifty TC'ers wearing T-shirts with that on 'em, joining up for a photo-up in front of IASW, pics then distributed to the papers and the blogs. It may not save anything, but it might be a thorn in the side of of the Dragon that seems to be running the Castle these days, and, what the heck, a day at Disneyland for the faithful.

Or we can just watch it go, and then read somewhere about how it used to be.

I'll be tying my thatch and keeping a weather eye out to see if anyone wants to pick a date...

TS

If anyone else cares to fire off a letter, here are the crucial Disneyland Addresses to express your concerns.

Walt Disney Company
Attn: Robert A. Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-9722

Walt Disney Imagineering
Attn: Tony Baxter
1401 Flower Street
P.O. Box 25020
Glendale, CA 91221-502

Disneyland Resort
Attn: Ed Grier
1313 South Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim , CA 92802

Maybe, just maybe two voices are better than one.

Thanks for posting the addresses.

I think it would be a shame if they did away with the rain forest, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Also, with regard to the Stitch comment; I think he is cute, but it seems like they could sell some merchandise that is Polynesian, Hawaiian, or Tiki without that little alien's likeness.

Here I go again, sure to kill the thread with my opinions.

It's the fat people. Only at Disneyland will you see people so fat that they have to ride in a motorized wheelchair.

But, the ride has gotten horrible for me anyway, as has the entire park (see the "why disneyland sucks" thread).

The last time, there was a couple in front of me with the flash camera. Not just taking pictures of the scenery, but snapping themselves as well. I made sure my head was in the pictures they took, making a really horrible face! I am sure when they got off the boat, they looked at the pictures and went "what the hell???? Who IS this crazy person in the picture?"

Good. They ruined my experience. I ruined their pictures.

Fat people put people to work.. you know how many people benefit from a motorized scooter....
So next u venture outside the OC and see a fat person, tell them thanks !!!

And the 'koolkids' say I don't contribute to the T.C. !!!

Not to piss on the parade here, but didnt Walt himself once state that he saw Disneyland as ever-changing? That the LAST thing he wanted for the place was it to become a museum of attractions that never changed?

Now, I certainly dont feel that way, I'm just playing devils advocate. I HATE what was done to the Tiki Room in FL. Just pray they dont go that route in CA!

But for those who think that these changes would have been completely against Walts vision, and how upset he would be....well, maybe...but maybe not.

Regardless, the tikis & rainforest are probably the favorite part of that ride for most of us on here, and I support saving it 1000%, but we're going to have to get REALLY vocal to make the current board sit up & take notice.

ps. As a fat guy (these tiki drinks have a LOT of sugar in em you know...and the poly food aint exactly low carb/low fat) who likes disney, why is my money less important than yours? You buy a yearly pass for $180 and go 10x a year, bringing in your own water & lunch. I go once a year, buy mutiple 6 day passes, and wind up spending THOUSANDS of dollars on hotel, tickets, food etc. But Im the one ruining Disney?? I somehow support them less (since you're the 75%)....and to top it off, I ruin your experience for you??? How thoughtless of me. Way to show that Aloha spirit dude.

Maybe just, I dunno, TALKING to someone to ask em to settle down, or offer to take their picture? Maybe they'd never been, and were like kids again to be at Disney!! Maybe you could have had a great conversation & shared some knowledge with them? But no, better to sabotage their pictures because they rubbed you the wrong way.

Dude, its a theme park. Its gonna be packed & annoying to some degree no matter what. What makes your good time is how you handle it. Then again, what do I know? I'm one of the fat people ruining everything. But its not my fault....maybe I should sue McDonalds or find someone else to blame it on?

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-03-10 12:48 ]

On 2008-03-10 12:35, Bargoyle wrote:
Not to piss on the parade here, but didnt Walt himself once state that he saw Disneyland as ever-changing? That the LAST thing he wanted for the place was it to become a museum of attractions that never changed?

Now, I certainly dont feel that way, I'm just playing devils advocate. I HATE what was done to the Tiki Room in FL. Just pray they dont go that route in CA!

But for those who think that these changes would have been completely against Walts vision, and how upset he would be....well, maybe...but maybe not.

Regardless, the tikis & rainforest are probably the favorite part of that ride for most of us on here, and I support saving it 1000%, but we're going to have to get REALLY vocal to make the current board sit up & take notice.

ps. As a fat guy (these tiki drinks have a LOT of sugar in em you know...and the poly food aint exactly low carb/low fat) who likes disney, why is my money less important than yours? You buy a yearly pass for $180 and go 10x a year, bringing in your own water & lunch. I go once a year, buy mutiple 6 day passes, and wind up spending THOUSANDS of dollars on hotel, tickets, food etc. But Im the one ruining Disney?? I somehow support them less (since you're the 75%)....and to top it off, I ruin your experience for you??? How thoughtless of me. Way to show that Aloha spirit dude.

Maybe just, I dunno, TALKING to someone to ask em to settle down, or offer to take their picture? Maybe they'd never been, and were like kids again to be at Disney!! Maybe you could have had a great conversation & shared some knowledge with them? But no, better to sabotage their pictures because they rubbed you the wrong way.

Dude, its a theme park. Its gonna be packed & annoying to some degree no matter what. What makes your good time is how you handle it. Then again, what do I know? I'm one of the fat people ruining everything. But its not my fault....maybe I should sue McDonalds or find someone else to blame it on?

And I thought you where marching in the parade today !!

B

On 2008-03-10 12:50, TikiLaLe wrote:
And I thought you where marching in the parade today !!

Marching?? Me?? No. But I'll ride my scooter in it. :wink: lol.

B

Yeah, thanks Lucas, I'm sure glad that you're perfect! What this world needs is more perfect people like you so everything can be the same! Wee! Gosh, we fatties are sure sorry your life is ruined by the sight of us having a good time.

K

It's the fat people. Only at Disneyland will you see people so fat that they have to ride in a motorized wheelchair.

People have gotten wider in girth since the 50's. That's a well documented fact. But the reason why there's such a problem with obesity in America is that we've become a nation of over-consumers...and not just with food. Disney knows this and encourages it. Just look at the crap they sell in the gift shops and the food they sell throughout the parks. They're one of the reasons why people have gotten heavier. This in turn forces them to rework the rides to accommodate what they've helped create.

And by the way, our family is going to Disney World (FL) next week for the 3rd time in 5 years. To top it all off, we bought the "meal plan" which means we can eat wherever we want and don't have to worry about food prices. I usually try to keep my weight in check, but this is going to be an ultra vacation-of-mass-consumption. Your welcome, Disney...now fix the damned ride and keep the rainforset!

TM

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2008-03-10 15:59 ]

TM

On 2008-03-10 12:35, Bargoyle wrote:

"interesting use of the word 'museum' because that implies quality. Sorry, but the latest attractions are not quality. Adenture through innerspace? Quality. Anyone into googie or modernism should love this ride. Yes, it belongs in a museum."

"they done it. They are doing it right now"

"yes, and they probably read this forum. Several people who post here are connected to Disney and I believe the guys in Agents of Voodoo are major Disney artists. Perhaps by reading this they can put a bug in someone's ear"

" do you have the cart? If so, your cart takes the physical space of 2-3 people. This has already been established. I take no issue with the actual fatness of a person, just how much they are willing to inconvenience other people with it. After all, I am no beaut myself. I am pushing 180, all of it tofu and bread. I should actually weigh about 150 for my size."

"seriously, why should I? First timers or not, they always say 'no flash photography', so why do some people think it is ok to break the rules? because that is what you are advocating. You say they were not bothering anyone. What if it had been MY first time on that ride? My experience would have been ruined. They were not taking one picture, they were doing it over and over again. They must have gotten every doll in the whole joint. You think one quick picture would have bothered me? These people were doing a complete photo session. All that was missing was thier Klieg lights. As I said, I am proud to have been the featured head in thier photo. You should try and see the humor in this instead of getting immediately offended."

"I agree, but check out the other thread when you get a chance. I expect DL to be packed at times. But there used to be at least some occasions when you could enjoy the park without record crowds. Those times are over, for a number of reasons. It's not just the fat carts. It's the renovations, the closing of rides, the lack of good food, the merchandising flaws, the price, the excess of small children long after bedtime on a tuesday night. And now add removing a great Tiki part of Small world. It's almost more then I can bear."

TM

And before you can say "well, jusy don't go if it bothers you so much"....

I don't anymore. But I wish I could.

TM

On 2008-03-10 14:18, beadtiki wrote:
Yeah, thanks Lucas, I'm sure glad that you're perfect! What this world needs is more perfect people like you so everything can be the same! Wee! Gosh, we fatties are sure sorry your life is ruined by the sight of us having a good time.

Perhaps I should not have used the word "fat people". The words "morbidly obese" is really what I meant. Like I said, I am not in Brad Pitt shape myself. But I am not ready for the cart just yet. But even if I was, DL would not be the type of place I would go. Those carts are very scary.

In fact, a sad story about those things. A friend of mine witnessed a shocking accident. He came to my house very white faced and shaken,telling me that some old man was riding a cart across the intersection, but because it was so slow, a car in the right lane did not see the other cars still stopped waiting for him to cross. He was still in the intersection when the car plowed through. We both went back to the scene and it was sick. Teeth everywhere, a crumpled body that looked like a rag doll and the cart wrapped around a telephone pole. The drived pulled over and was weeping. So, whenever I see someone on one of those carts I worry. They are not safe.

But, back to DL. The way I see it is those people ride the carts because they can't walk anymore. Too much pressure on the ankles. But instead of riding the cart, try walking a little bit everyday. I am sorry, but the cart is probably a huge reason as to why they even need it in the first place.But this is a new phenomenom that they did not really have back in the 50's when DL was created. It's been proven that we are all getting fatter. It's like a 25% increase from what it was back then. And they ate pretty bad in the old days. Recipes containing lard and ham-juice! They never even heard of a wrap back then! Dinners came in courses. Eating approached levels seen by bears prior to hibernation, and yet, people were on the average skinnier. No carts. That's why. It was sink or swim, baby! If the average DL visitor in 1959 thought they would have to stand all day, they would eat less, exercise more. They knew they would not have the cart to rely on.

The problem with the boats bottoming out is something that no one forsaw. But honestly, you don't think that is a problem? I mean, those boats are pretty sturdy. This goes beyond drinking Mai-Tais and eating carbs in a polynesian restaraunt. To grind one of those boats to the bottom requires a lot of extra weight. I like carbs too! I put sugar and honey on 'em. I eat them as a soup.

Ok, as you can tell I have a big problem with those carts. Go some night to DL, like on a wednesday night. Try to pop in for a ride or two. You will see what I am talking about. If you come back with "I went, and rode 23 rides in 2 hours" then I gotta say you were lucky, because that is not the average experience anymore!

sorry to poo poo on everybodys parade here.
But I have always hated that ride, even as a kid.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

O

I can't remember if it was a C or D ticket originally? After you used up the E's you had all the D's and C's to use.

On 2008-03-10 17:28, bigtikidude wrote:

Yup, I'm with you. Growing up, my friends and I thought it was the lamest ride in the park, and we refused to waste our precious E-tickets on it. When I took my kids to D-land for the first time, I took them on it, figuring they were so young they'd probably enjoy it, and much to my surprise, they both hated it too.

That being said, I don't have a problem with Disney modifying and updating their rides, but I do have a problem with the typically lame, cynical, and postmodern way they do it.

I

One of my goals (seriously) is to go to Disneyland/DisneyWorld right when they open, run to the the Its a Small World Ride, and then ride that attraction over and over until the park closes.

Everyone says how you can't get the 'It's a Small World' song out of your head, and I wonder how long this would take if you were exposed to the song and visual stimulae for many, many hours.

I also wonder what the employees reaction would be, to see the same guy getting on the ride over and over and over. It might be fun, to take notes of the different people who share your boat throughout the day, to see how their mood changes throughout the day. How would my mood change during the day? Would I be frowning at the end of the day, or have a wide smiling grin like all of the worldly kids featured in the attraction.

I almost did this on a recent Florida work trip - but it was during the winter months, and the park had limited hours that day. If I do this, it is going to be during one of those days when they have really long hours. I should be at Disneyland next week - the park opens at 8am and closes at 1:00 am! That is 17 straight hours!

It's a Small World, and don't you forget it.

you my friend, are a sick individual.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I know some people are not going to like the ride. We are only human, and our tastes all reflect differently, but I can say that the reason people go to Disneyland and ride "It's a Small World" is because in part, It is a family hand me down, and a Disney staple. How many of you were taken to Disneyland or Disneyworld as a child by your folks or grandfolks, and they dragged you on the ride? Then when you (had) or have little ones, you do the same, as if a passing of the torch has been made. I'm not going to say that IASW is my favorite ride, but it has earned its respect when it comes to themed rides. If I'm not mistaken, it is also in the top 3 rides visitors ride when going to Disneyland. And even with the time passing and now people are mentioning "Stereotyped children", It wasn't stereotyping back in the 60s, when Countries still carried on traditions. besides that, It reeks of mid century modern architecture. Look at all the squares, triangles, and circles that make up most of the rides exterior and then compare the inside prop sets...Its like riding through a painting, (minus the music). I truly believe that people continue to go to the parks, not because Disney Management add a johnny depp to pirates, or cut down the rain forest inside small world to put a Hooray USA scene, but mainly because it has become a family institution. Parents, new and old bring their children and their grandchildren to the park for the simple reason that on that one single level, everyone can unleash the kid in themselves and connect. I'm for preservation, unless the changes made can actually enhance or improve the situations. I'm not for change, just for changes sake...

Somebody had made an interesting point about the Mona Lisa being one of the most recognized artworks in the world, but museum visits are slightly down this year...Maybe they should paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa so it will try to attract more visitors?
Disneyland isn't the Mona Lisa, and I'm not trying to set a debate about comparing the two, but I found it interesting, and can see the validity. Ask any pre-teen child, Disneyland or the Mona Lisa? Hell, ask any adults, and I'll bet it is still close!

more off topic, but I despise the strollers more so than the obese/elderly carts, but it is Disneyland, and I expect it Damn ankle biters!

On 2008-03-10 18:55, MrBaliHai wrote:

On 2008-03-10 17:28, bigtikidude wrote:

Yup, I'm with you. Growing up, my friends and I thought it was the lamest ride in the park, and we refused to waste our precious E-tickets on it.

E TICKET? No wonder I only saw it once.
Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

B

My biggest problem with the park are all the strollers...I know - it's a place to take kids and all...but I SWEAR those mothers ram those strollers into the back of you on purpose just to get you out of the way! The last time I was there I got hit at least 5 times by those things. I kept wondering why there were so many strollers in the mostly adult rides...man, THOUSANDS of them! And not just single strollers...NO, some of these were two and three seats wide! They can just slam those suckers in wherever they want a good view of the fireworks, or the light show over the water, or the parade. I was about to strangle some of those ladies.

As for Small World, wow, um, I can't STAND the ride either. We waited in line for like an hour the first time we went, with our then 7 year old daughter, and she neglected to tell us she had to "go" REALLY bad. So, we finally get on the ride, and, mixing a full bladder with the never-ending ride on water, well, there was an "accident." We slunk (is that the right word?) away, never to return. She tells me she doesn't like the ride either (she's 18 now!).

So, IMO, fix the ride, leave the rainforest, etc., maybe ADD attractions, rather than take them away, and make the ride a bit shorter if possible (for full little bladders).

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2008-03-12 10:03 ]

On 2008-03-11 21:34, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
... Shame on you, Lucas for being so intolerant. Disneyland is for everyone. And if you don't like the fat people, get out of the country ...

So are you saying that you are intolerant of people that are intolerant?

Do I have to tolerate this post?!

On 2008-03-11 12:39, Ojaitimo wrote:
[

I voted to lock my own thread...I'm tired of all the f|_|cking derailments. The topic was started to inform everyone INTERESTED, that they are going to tear out the rain forest section of the ride along with the New Guinea dolls.

The original poster of a topic needs a function to lock their own topics to help avoid derailments without umod. Instant lock.

It maybe a free Country, but it doesn't have to be a free-for-all messageboard/forum!

TS

I need to derail my own thread, since its already been trainwrecked....

On 2008-03-11 21:34, Kiki von Tiki wrote:

When they changed "Pirates" and added Jack Sparrow, many Disneyphiles were up in arms. But that ride is now cooler, smarter, and waaaaayyyy better. They kept the good stuff and changed what didn't work.

All of which is based on your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but wait and see where Jack Sparrow is 15 years from now. Putting Barbosa on the "Wicked Wench" Pirate ship and replacing "Blackbeard" added an expiration date along with the "Where's Waldo" feel of the popup Sparrow. By adding these moviestar characters, Disney has now dated the attraction. Prior to that, the ride was still going strong for over 35 years... all the way up until the refurbishment. Thats the facts.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-03-12 01:09 ]

At least Disneyland has recovered from the Eisner era. He nickel and dimed the park so badly I nearly gave up on it completely, and I was only 18 at the time, not nearly as discriminating a man as I am now about my theme parks. His regime made so many bad decisions (Disney France). Anybody remember the first Space Mountain overhaul, the one sponsored by Fedex that featured those obnoxious TV's blaring with some "space commercials" and starring your host Slater from Saved by the Bell? They also painted tomorrow land the rust colored red and removed the People Mover to install the now-inoperative Rocket Rod ride? Yeah, those were dark times. So for me its no big thing if the most annoying, boring ride in the park is removing a few tiki elements. I'm surprised to hear so much negativity about your guys' experiences in the park, it seems to me everyone at Disney land is usually on their best behavior: with family, trying to have a good time in one of the easiest places to do it. Try hitting the clubs in Hollywood for the night as an overweight, or going to a Raider game wearing opposing team gear...then we can talk about unpleasant situations.
Nobody is complaining about the new "Black Widow Bride" in the Haunted Mansion?
P.S. Blue Bayou has a new chef food is really good if you haven't been yet...I have a season pass but how the hell am I gonna bring my own food and water when a locker is like twenty bucks? I sure as hell ain't taking the tram back to the car!

On 2008-03-10 11:58, lucas vigor wrote:
Here I go again, sure to kill the thread with my opinions.

But, the ride has gotten horrible for me anyway, as has the entire park (see the "why disneyland sucks" thread).

The last time, there was a couple in front of me with the flash camera. Not just taking pictures of the scenery, but snapping themselves as well. I made sure my head was in the pictures they took, making a really horrible face! I am sure when they got off the boat, they looked at the pictures and went "what the hell???? Who IS this crazy person in the picture?"

Good. They ruined my experience. I ruined their pictures.

Unga Bunga
Grand Member (4 years)

Posted: Yesterday; 11:36 pm

Do I have to tolerate this post?!

Thank God someone said it! LOL... Lucas, in about 100 lbs more I should rent a scooter & personally run it up your heels in the buffet line while my friends take flash pictures of specically you making faces of pain. Could you really be anymore offensive... as usual, do you ever stop? go to http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=26509&forum=6&vpost=347203&hilite=disneyland%20sucks please...
All the poster was doing was letting anyone interested that the park is removing or changing the ride. Then comes you...

It's a small, small world

I prefer the Simpsons' DuffWorld song:

Duff beer for me,
Duff beer for you,
I'll have a Duff,
You have one, too.
(repeat ad nauseam)

Don't drink the water!

Jeez, I'd like to think all of you are not always this hostile. Welcome to Tiki Central, huh? I deleted my post. Sorry, Tom for my participation in your thread getting so off track. I'll leave you all alone now.

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2008-03-12 10:05 ]

after reading all of this a certain brain numbing song popped into my head......It's a small world .....arghhh

Good Topic gone bad again

Hostile?? We must love one another and live as good neighbors, because "It is a small world after all".
Haven't you learned anything from Uncle Walt?
.......You loose boweled son of a ........uh... sorry.

On 2008-03-12 09:45, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Jeez, I'd like to think all of you are not always this hostile. Welcome to Tiki Central, huh? I deleted my post. Sorry, Tom for my participation in your thread getting so off track. I'll leave you all alone now.
[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2008-03-12 10:05 ]

I wasn't calling you out directly, as you can see the topic veered off course way before you added your comment, but that seems to be the problem around here at TC lately. Someone posts a topic and it winds up getting steered into a whole new topic that doesn't belong in the category. Feel free to post, as long as you can stay within the topic discussion. I encourage new members to post and share thoughts and ideas, while staying within the topic. There are other areas within this site to Discuss general Disneyland topics like here for instance:Beyond Tiki
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=6&35446

and you also have this area that contains absolutely nothing to do with this websites outline, here: Bilge in Beyond Tiki
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewforum.php?forum=13&18638

If you haven't already viewed the websites mission statement, see it here
http://www.tikicentral.com/about.php

Anyhow Kiki von Tiki, sorry if I ruined your participation spirit, which was not my intent, and I hope you won't let this misunderstanding affect your contributions to TC. My original post simply was the fact that IASW (particularly The Papa New Guinea portion of the ride and the rain forest) were being removed. As you can see by the comments made prior to yours, you can observe how easily people can get sucked into off topic discussions. :P
Welcome to TC :) , and if you have any questions about TC feel free to PM me.
-Slick

Hey Tom,

sorry for my help in the derailment. My point was that Yeah, it sucks that Disney keeps changing everything, usually for the worse, especially the Tiki stuff that we all love so much.... and that Uncle Walt would be making changes too if he were still around, and we'd all be bitchin' about em (alhtough I'd like to think they wouldnt be as horrible)

Still sucks.

That other stuff...sorry. Not all of us fatties are as jolly as santa. :wink: Im getting cranky in my old age too. A little more booze will settle me down, dont worry.

Pages: 1 2 61 replies