Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland California 45th Anniversary Tiki Room 6/22/08

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

TS

If you were asked if you wanted a fountain and made it on a list, you are to be guaranteed a callback to see if you are still interested in purchasing the fountain. If yes, they will take your billing info over the phone and mail it out.
They were actually doing tallying every so often as to not overbook the selling of the fountain. Once they reached a total of 500, they stopped the list. If you were asked, you've made it before the cutoff, and should expect a call from DelivEARS when the fountains are ready to ship.

S
Sync posted on Tue, Jun 24, 2008 8:58 PM

On 2008-06-24 17:57, Tom Slick wrote:
If you were asked if you wanted a fountain and made it on a list, you are to be guaranteed a callback to see if you are still interested in purchasing the fountain. If yes, they will take your billing info over the phone and mail it out.
They were actually doing tallying every so often as to not overbook the selling of the fountain. Once they reached a total of 500, they stopped the list. If you were asked, you've made it before the cutoff, and should expect a call from DelivEARS when the fountains are ready to ship.

Interesting-- so it sounds like they did sell out and my wait in line just to get on the list was worthwhile. One thing however, I know a couple of people in line seemed to put themselves on the list for 2 Fountains more because they were clearly so hard to get rather than because that is what they were after-- one guy said he hadn't planned on getting a Fountain at all but decided to get himself on the list anyway, as there seemed to be no downside to that-- so it seems likely to me that some people on the list will decide to pass on them once they get called, especially when they realize what 2 Fountains + shipping is going to cost them-- which could mean that eventually there may be some available via DelivEARS, though good luck catching them at the right time as there probably won't be very many...

S

ARRRRRRRRRH! All I wanted was the fountain and now I'm outta luck...unless I want to pay out the nose on ebay. If anyone gets a hold of an extra at a fair price, please let me know!

Thanks
ºoº

ArrrrrrrrrG!!! This guy on ebay sold a Tiki Funtain today and mode $300.... and he just listed another one!!! I wonder how many out of the 60 sold on Sunday did he snapped up.

On 2008-06-25 22:28, wishyouwell wrote:
ArrrrrrrrrG!!! This guy on ebay sold a Tiki Funtain today and mode $300.... and he just listed another one!!! I wonder how many out of the 60 sold on Sunday did he snapped up.

Well you were only allowed 2 each, but if he brought friends who knows. It seems to me that if only 60 arrived they should of limited them to 1 each.

I posted a subject on the tiki fountains, but maybe I posted the topic wrong as no one has responded to it, so if you go under search and type in Disneyland, you will find my post with some helpful information regarding to the tiki fountain, it's under disneyland tiki fountain, it might help someone out there get some of them.

T

the obvious ploy was to work as a couple: husband buys two, wife buys two = four to a "family" to exploit on ebay . . .

Got my order today. For some reason, they only gave me one of the two babies and did not send me my pitcher. Not really sure why, the order person had the stuff with her because she had to go look to she if they had it. Sorta sucks, but they didn't charge me for shipping?

On 2008-06-27 13:02, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Got my order today. For some reason, they only gave me one of the two babies and did not send me my pitcher. Not really sure why, the order person had the stuff with her because she had to go look to she if they had it. Sorta sucks, but they didn't charge me for shipping?

That happened to me, if it says no shipping charge you may get the other stuff in a separate box, either way i would call them and find out right away.

Was at the park just tonight.. I didn't buy, because the checkout was soooo long, with only one staff in the shop.

they had (as of Midnight thurs)
Lucite bracelets (LOTS)
6 Pillows
Steve Nicolai Prints
Both glasses
Purse/Tote
Bar Towels

They have rongo bowl and tiki babies in the window, but unavailable in the shop. I was told to check back in a few days. I will be there Sunday and will update again

S

Is any of this stuff at the Downtown Disney store so you can get it without buying a ticket?

No, it's not available anywhere other than the disneyana shop.. However... When we were complaining about the fountain issue, the gentleman who was helping us informed us that you can get a "shopping pass" to the park. It's for 1 hour only.. You leave your credit card, and if you do not return within the hour, they charge your card for admission. Now, none of us had ever heard of this, but the man who told us, was of some seniority, and was very sure about this. I think it is definitely worth a try!

TS

On 2008-06-29 02:15, EnchantedTikiGal wrote:
No, it's not available anywhere other than the disneyana shop.. However... When we were complaining about the fountain issue, the gentleman who was helping us informed us that you can get a "shopping pass" to the park. It's for 1 hour only.. You leave your credit card, and if you do not return within the hour, they charge your card for admission. Now, none of us had ever heard of this, but the man who told us, was of some seniority, and was very sure about this. I think it is definitely worth a try!

I do it all the time....Go to Guest services, ask for a park shoppers pass, tell them which park, buy what you're looking for, return with the ticket stubs and a possible receipt(sometimes they ask, sometimes they dont) and get what you want inside Disneyana, or anywhere else. Make sure to return before an hour, as they will have no problem billing your card a days admission.

Hey I need help everyone.
Does anyone know where I can find Tiki style frame for those 14 x 18 deluxe prints from the 45th anniversary event? It is near impossible to find something nice and the right size.
Thanks

B

On 2008-07-08 16:51, wishyouwell wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find Tiki style frame for those 14 x 18 deluxe prints from the 45th anniversary event? It is near impossible to find something nice and the right size.
Thanks

Check out monkeyman's frames.. there my favorite.. hopefully someday I'll own one..
not sure of the sizes he makes though... check em out...
http://www.monkeymandesign.com/
aloha

On 2008-07-08 16:51, wishyouwell wrote:
Thanks

Try Frame Fetish. Check out his framing on the Enchanted Tiki Room Poster

http://www.framefetish.com/photo%20htmls/Etr.html

TS

Monkeyman's frames rock, and Link's(Frame Fetish) matting kicks azz! I'm saving money as we speak to have my shags framed by F.F., and also my Bettie page. Those two guys can do no wrong in the framing world!(my humblest opinion, of course!) :D

Are they made to order or how does it work? Those frames looks way cool!

I'd email or call Frame Fetish, and I'd PM monkeyman with any detailed questions. Get the info directly from the source, so there isn't any misinformation passed on to you.

News Flash , Another fountain currently up for bid on EBAY. Wait to you hear why this "winner" is selling it :

" I BOUGHT THIS FOUNTAIN AND REALIZE I HAVE NOWHERE TO PLACE IT, SO, I AM GOING TO GIVE IT UP TO ANOTHER TIKI ROOM FAN. "

What do they live in , a shoebox ? YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!

NEWS FLASH!NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!
There is a Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Ann. LIMITED EDITION of 45 ARTIST'S WATCH. The watch was released at the watch shop in June but nobody is paying any attention, we seem to be more?... concerned about a over priced plastic fountain that they STILL don't have :lol: ?

This is a very nice quality uni-sex watch artwork by Disney artist Davis Scott Smith and included are all the "fixins" Comes with A SIGNED LITHO OF THE TIME PEICE ART and all that you see here including the C.O.A.(certificate) A nice value I think & VERY Limited There were 30 left on 7/14/08 but now that it's posted who knows? Who knew? They are priced $250.00 and a AP Premium holder receives a 10% discount I would hurry...

For those who aren't familiar with the process... The Disney Artist draws an original,(in this case the original was sold at the release) then the original is "shrunk" through a process & 45 watch face sizes were then applied to the watch as well as 45 larger lithos of art to accompany your watch. The watches are Japanese works and are assembled right there in the clock shop on Main Street Disneyland U.S.A. Typically the more color... the higher the cost... Very nice art here...

IMPORTANT NOTE!! In week or two, Disneyland will Close the "Clock Shop" that has been on Main Street from the beginning (as far as I'm aware of) for good. The reason? to bring in a "Higher End" store of originals, Ltd's "excellent" quality goods, Very much needed indeed but, why here at this location? :( some may be apparel but not likely? BUT.. good news is that the Artisan LTD Watches WILL BE INCLUDED in that shop say DISNEY OFFICIALS... that's all I know...

On 2008-07-14 12:06, buddabob wrote:
News Flash , Another fountain currently up for bid on EBAY. Wait to you hear why this "winner" is selling it :

" I BOUGHT THIS FOUNTAIN AND REALIZE I HAVE NOWHERE TO PLACE IT, SO, I AM GOING TO GIVE IT UP TO ANOTHER TIKI ROOM FAN. "

What do they live in , a shoebox ? YEAH RIGHT !!!!!!

Well that person just posted a SECOND fountain for auction on ebay with the SAME "I BOUGHT THIS FOUNTAIN AND REALIZE I HAVE NOWHERE TO PLACE IT" excuse.

I think this is like the 10th fountain I seen on ebay. i am so angry.

TS

Blatent abuse and pure horseshit! I whole heartedly hate "SCALPERS"...Maybe if these assholes didn't worm their way into the front of the lines, maybe someone who really wanted one, even myself would have left with a fountain that day.. Anyhow, I'll just wait to see if Disney calls me!

I know where they can put that fountain if they dont have room for it, right up their butt! No room for it, ya right, were not stupid, we all know when those scalpers bought it to turn it for profit. I agree with everyone, standing in that line was crazy, hot and horrible, and for them to take it away from one of us just is insane. Just think one of those could of been ours for this summer to enjoy while sipping on a cool cocktail. Now I really hope everyone gets one that waited in that long line.

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-07-24 14:40 ]

Another fountain just show up on ebay, "schmoo1" selling his/her 2nd fountain for would you believe.....$549!!!

What is the point of these Limited Edition Collector items if the only "collectors" that can get their hands on these stuffs are the "collectors" who love collecting easy money - aka "SCALPERS"!

[ Edited by: wishyouwell 2008-07-27 18:23 ]

welcome to Avarice Central.

T

for an update on the fountains, see my comments in the "official call back" thread. don't spend the $$ on ebay just yet . . .

So exciting! I can't wait to have the Tiki Fountain in my Tiki Guest Bedroom.

Werid thing is I was just at Disneyland last Friday and I find it kind of werid how many of the men's limited edition Aloha shirts are left, as well as the bird bracelets. I am telling that line was so long and with only 500 made something is a bit fishy. They should of been long gone. Not only are they are the disney gallery store they are at the store in adventureland too. What are your thoughts?

TS

Those bird bracelets were hideous only due to the China. I think the BIG black lettered "MADE IN CHINA" lamenated into the bracelet screamed "not collectible". It was like an advertisement, and should have been a removeable sticker. As far as the shirts go, I was suprised they were not sold out either, but the price was higher than the original ticketed $58 "Shag" 40th Anniversary LE shirts from five years back. Although the birds are cute, and a mainstay at the show, I just thought Amanda Visells art should have contained more tiki after the namesake of the attraction. I personally didn't buy an aloha shirt for fear of being called a "ParrotHead"..... :lol: j/k,
but it was very Jimmy Looking to me....
just my observations and opinion as to why some stuff didn't sell out.

On 2008-08-06 17:47, Tom Slick wrote:
Those bird bracelets were hideous only due to the China. I think the BIG black lettered "MADE IN CHINA" lamenated into the bracelet screamed "not collectible". It was like an advertisement, and should have been a removeable sticker. As far as the shirts go, I was suprised they were not sold out either, but the price was higher than the original ticketed $58 "Shag" 40th Anniversary LE shirts from five years back. Although the birds are cute, and a mainstay at the show, I just thought Amanda Visells art should have contained more tiki after the namesake of the attraction. I personally didn't buy an aloha shirt for fear of being called a "ParrotHead"..... :lol: j/k,
but it was very Jimmy Looking to me....
just my observations and opinion as to why some stuff didn't sell out.

Thanks for your input, it make total sense. Yes as you know from my previous post I too hate the made in china on the side of the bracelet. That was a very bad design flaw on their part. Although I did buy two of them to wear together and I get tons of compliments on.

Now for the shirts, the Disney shirts have been around 78 for the last couple of years, usually that wouldnt stop a collector who stayed in line for hours from buying them. It almost seems there were more made then the 500. Especialy if they go for more on ebay and people pay more than the 78. I do like the 58 price much better though.

T

And I wonder if the 500 LE shirts means 500 total of all sizes, or 500 of each size (so with S, M, L, XL = 2,000). I would have to figure it is 500 of each size, or else 125 of each size would mean the common sizes would be gone in a heartbeat.

Pages: 1 2 79 replies