Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

2/24/09 a little news about Kapriman mug edition change ups

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

Hi,

I'm getting confused with all the names but I would like a Sepik Lagoon Blue Crackle.

Thanks, Tikisgrl

okay, So the Sepik Lagoon Blue Crackle is sold out.
Thanks!
Sorry for the confusion, thought I had a systematic way of doing this, but it does not appear to be too practical. For my next mug release, Kapriman, I should have a shopping cart set up.
So here is whats left:
12 Ashen Black
4 Myrmecodia Tuberosa
15 Underbelly of the Grey Plover
4 Soil of New Guinea
1 Pink Coral

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-05-24 11:20 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-05-24 11:22 ]

On 2008-05-24 11:11, OceaOtica wrote:
okay, So the Sepik Lagoon Blue Crackle is sold out.
Thanks!
Sorry for the confusion, thought I had a systematic way of doing this, but it does not appear to be too practical. For my next mug release, Kapriman, I should have a shopping cart set up.

We just all use different key words so it makes it kind of interesting deciding which ones we may actually mean. This is fine, no worries and I am proud to add another OceaOtica to my collection.

Beth

Myrmecodia Tuberosa edition if still available please.

1 Soil of New Guinea.
Thanks

Myermecodia for me please.
I would if available would take a blood red and Sepic of
river bank if you had them .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-05-24 16:54 ]

Thank You!

Thank you everybody.
Myrmecodia Tuberosa edition sold out

link to Myrmecodia Tuberosa cross cutting, a native plant to Papua New Guinea, an influence for the glaze coloring on this edition
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/Christian.Puff/images/SEA-3787(Myrmecodia%20tuberosa).jpg

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-05-25 08:03 ]

Hey everybody,
So far everybody who ordered a Tumbuna should be expecting them in the mail, all have shipped. Mugs went out yesterday and today, so if in california, expect within in 1 to 3 days, outside california expect 5 to 10 days.
Thanks everybody.
Hitting Tiki Ti tonight to have a Tumbuna full of Rays Mistake and a try a Navy Grog in a Pohaku aa ipu.

We recently won a tiki mug on eBay. It arrived and it's a great mug. Dan asked me to find out something about it. Wow, I love tiki central. It took 30 seconds to find this site. Wendy

Can't wait to get my Tumbuna. Get one now or kick yourself later!

All I can say Cass is," even better and bigger in person".Just received my
Myrmecodia Tuberosa Tumbuna yesterday and - WOW that was a mouthfull!.I thought I would
disclose a picture of it sitting on one of my bars.Whatta yah think?
Mahalos again Cass,
Trader Bill

Cass...

A picture's worth a thousand words...

...Simply AMAZING!

Hey Icky and Bill,
Thanks for posting pics. Its great to see the mugs in a new habitat. Glad they arrived safely, and that you dig them.
I am in Pennsylvania now until the 8th. Just got internet, so I should be able to check in. Hopefully everyone else's mugs will reach their destinations soon.
Thanks

Got my Tumbuna Sepik Lagoon Blue Crackle it's beautiful, great color of blue in the crackle. I will work on a better photo. Happy to add it to my collection! Check out what the u.s.p.s. did in the mail, the mug was fine thanks to Cass for packing it well :)

Sneak peak of some of the pieces for the Tonga Hut Show under that thread. Hope to see you there!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28948&forum=17&start=60

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-07-12 19:04 ]

Those mugs are simply insane! The glazing is really off the charts. They all look like they were really fun to work on. Great work!

A RESPONSE TO A QUESTION ASKED, THESE ARE UNDERGLAZED/GLAZED MUGS. THESE ARE NOT PAINTED WITH ACRYLOCS OR ENAMELS LIKE SOME LIKE PIECES IN SOME PAST GROUP SHOWS I HAVE SEEN POSTED HERE. YOU CAN DRINK OUT OF THESE MUGS****
ALL ONE OF A KIND PIECES

********************SOLD *** A-Shotgun Zombie $94
********************SOLD *** B-Lava Zombie #1 $68
********************its a goner *** C-Lava Zombie #3 $73
********************SOLD *** D-Lava Zombie #4 $73
********************its a goner *** E-Lava Zombie #2 $64
*********************SOLD *** F-Zombini $83
*********************SOLD *** G-Dreaded EYE Zombie $97
*********************SOLD *** H-Tumbuna Regional hand painted Tambanum $100
*********************SOLD *** I-Tumbuna Regional hand painted Hunstein Mountains $88
J-Chunk Swag Lamp Mug #4 $76
K-Lava Tumbler set $56
ALL PRICES INCLUDE PRIORITY SHIPPING
a couple of people at the show mentioned it was cool to have zombie mugs available to have at zombie themed Oasis. Since I will not be able to attend, here is your chance to get the last one offs to take with you. I will ship quickly if I receive paypal payment in time. These are the last of this type of zombies, meaning that I plan to sculpt a new head mug to customize (not including some back ordered custom requests).
Please pm me here, i will get back to people as quickly as I can, and try to update the list with what has sold as fast as i can.
Thanks for looking

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-11 13:07 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-15 13:25 ]

O

available are
*** sold out for now painted Maprik
1 of the patina Maprik
1 each of the cult hooks
****shipping will be $5 a package, whether you buy 1 or more. There may be a slight variation in paint and color from the ones pictured. I will have more of these poured up and painted in the next month. Pm me here if you would like to purchase one.
and yes, these were sculpted by me, not recast from an existing carving.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-04 16:12 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-04 21:13 ]

O

Having a fire sale on the Ashen Black and Underbelly of the Grey Plover editions of Tumbuna. These were an edition of 15 each. They will be $38 shipping/handle included to anywhere in the US. This is a Tiki Central and myspace only sale. I will be putting these up on Etsy soon at the normal price of $42 plus 12 shipping. I need to clear some space in the "ol stockroom" to make way for new pieces I am working on. Also, the Miles'`Ona Tiki Lama Akuas are also on sale for $42 shipping included. Just a few of the Jupiter, Green, and Rust editions left.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2008-08-05 16:01 ]

O

Torembis from the show
SOLD *** T1-$65
SOLD *** T2-$65
SOLD *** T3-$42
SOLD *** T4-$60
gone T5-$60
sold T6-$60
T7-$45
Shipping/handle included in price.

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-09-19 08:24 ]

Great work Cass! I sent you a PM.

O

Thanks Nelson!!!!!!!!!!

Here are single serving (though finishing a drink out of this bowl by yourself will leave you 3 sheets)sized bowls. L1 and L2 i only made two each of, and one went at the Tonga Hut show. L3 will be my standard release. Lava will vary from bowl to bowl. They hold approx 36 oz. I will occasionally make the L3 in the future, but they are time consuming because they have a total of 12 colors to produce what you see here, and the glazing process is a slow one. These bowls feature a nice rocky texture and a raised area in the bottom center of the bowl to place your fingers for a good holding position when walking around.

L1- $50 shipping included **** SOLD OUT of an edition of 2
L2- $47 shipping included **** 2 of an edition of 2
L3- $55 shipping included **** 2 available open ended edition
PM me here if you are interested

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-08-05 19:06 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-09-18 09:33 ]

Tiki folks, jump on these while you can. You're gonna regret later if you don't!

K
Kahu posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2008 8:24 PM

On 2008-08-05 18:24, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:
Tiki folks, jump on these while you can. You're gonna regret later if you don't!

Kaimuki, I already regret not being able to buy a number of these.

Cass, wonderful and beautiful, all of them!

Glad to see that you did so well at the Tonga Hut show.

On 2008-08-06 20:24, Kahu wrote:

On 2008-08-05 18:24, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:

Kaimuki, I already regret not being able to buy a number of these.

Cass, wonderful and beautiful, all of them!

Glad to see that you did so well at the Tonga Hut show.

Yeah, I hesitated(low on funds) on the Coltrane mug and now I'm smacking myself in the face. You really don't want to walk around with a handprint on your face trying to explain it's all about a missed tiki mug!

K
Kahu posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 5:18 AM

On 2008-08-18 20:00, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:

Yeah, I hesitated(low on funds) on the Coltrane mug and now I'm smacking myself in the face. You really don't want to walk around with a handprint on your face trying to explain it's all about a missed tiki mug!

Yes, this is very true, but heck, around here, people would at least understand and appreciate you feeling that way. Especially over missing out on alot of Cass's sweet mugs. LOL

i saw cass' painted spirit hook pendant at tiki ti last week and thought for sure it was an ancient relic. gotta score me one of those, braddah!

Hello.
posting this up even though it is not oceanic art or tiki related, but because its the first piece i am selling to open my etsy store. This store will eventually be used to sell my mugs, making easier for people to purchase them and to see what is still available. I am also posting the announcement here because a number of TC folk have asked me about my Vintage Beauty monster series shown under beyond tiki and on myspace.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5568481 Please check it out.
Thanks,
Cass

Zombie Lady #1 sold yesterday. Thanks for those of you who gave her a gander. Also, just saw that someone had unrelated to my update here, listed a link to the store. Thank you.

O

The first edition of Kapriman is up on my etsy store. The Mystery Brown edition is an edition of 5. More color editions to come in the upcoming weeks. You can see the mug and purchase one of you would like at junkhauler.etsy.com. There is also a test glaze Torembi from last year.
What is Mystery Brown you ask, well take a gander at http://junkhaulersjunk.blogspot.com/ for more info. Info on a lot of future Ocea Otica work can be seen there.
p.s. please feel free to comment here on the etsy set up. After trying to sell the smaller editions of Tumbuna via just messaging, and some issues that arose from that, i figured it would be good to get a cart/shop set up so people knew exactly what is available instantly. Also, though i do not recall because i joined etsy a while back, i do not think you have to sign up to purchase. Please set me straight if i am not correct. Either way, its a great site, lots of cool stuff to see, and Thor and Atomickitty also recently set up there.

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2008-11-09 09:33 ]

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2008-11-09 11:25 ]

really diggin your blog ^^

I think you do need to sign up, but it takes only a quick minute. Didn't stop me.

Thanks for the Etsy shout Out! :D

You work is sooooo wicked awesome!

Congrats on the launch of your storefront, and setting up that great blog! :drink:

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 10:05 AM

So, ah, can I just add one to the other one that I am already in debt for the next year for to you? LMAO!

Hey everybody, this is a general update, apology and response to questions coming in about what mugs and art are available. I apologize, it is my own ineptitude with computers, slackness,lack of funds, and the fact that this is a hobby of passion and not a formal line of work that results in a lack of a real website. I am trying to make everything more cohesive by the addition of the blog and the etsy store. Next week every mug i have currently produced will go up on etsy. Mainly this is the Tumbuna's, Ashen Black and Underbelly of the Grey Plover, a few pieces from the Tonga Hut show a couples of months back, and the former company Ona Tiki (not to be confused with the great artisan Ona Tiki who posts under that name here on TC)Lama Akua and Pohaku aa ipu. Involvement in two books that are using images of my stuff and trying to get moving on a number of projects that are in different states of completion have slowed down actually selling the mugs. Thanks for your patience, hope this clears some things up. Will put another announcement on here when all current mugs are up on etsy. the other three color editions of Kapriman are in the works, and should most likely be available by the end of this month, beginning of next month.
Thanks,
Cass

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-11-13 16:00 ]

[ Edited by: oceaotica 2008-11-13 16:06 ]

Just a quick note to say thank you for messages about about the Kapriman mug. as a result of some recent conversations I decided to make the Traditional edition of Kapriman an open ended edition. I will put a couple up a week interspersed with the other small editions. Thank you also, the Mystery Brown edition is now sold out.
I am behind on getting stuff listed, so by mid next week i hope to have a bunch of new and old stuff up on the etsy store.
Thanks,
Cass

Up on the etsy store now is the Drai Switmuli edition of 5 of Kapriman, a few one offs seen and unseen form the last Tonga Hut art show, and the remainder of some of the earlier mugs at reduced prices. I am working on the Kapriman PNG Palette edition, another edition of 5, for the next release by the end of december, with the Deluxe Traditional edition of 5 (which i have not posted a picture of yet) and the open numbered Traditional edition to follow.
Thanks for looking.
junkhauler.etsy.com
sorry for the general absence as of late, between getting mugs posted on store, the show on the 12th and work on another book i am a bit slammed, but hope to see some of you if i can break away for a trip to the Tonga Hut show next weekend.

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2008-11-30 20:20 ]

So slowly getting back on the ball with making the Kapriman. I have come to some final decisions about the editions. I will not be doing the limited cast/handbuilt version of the Kapriman, may scrap the PNG Palette edition unless people feel strongly about that one, in place of those will be a limited number of Kapriman collaborations with some other artists. More details about those in the future. I am currently working on the open ended Traditional edition, hopefully having a few available in the next few weeks.
If you feel strongly about the PNG Palette edition, drop me a message, and i will take that in consideration with my decision to forgo that version.
For those who have been waiting on these last editions, sorry for the long delay.

No!!!!!! Forgo!!!!!!... me want!

Cass, I for one hope you don't scrap the PNG palette edition, that red & black spattered glaze w/orange is so unique and different. One of your best!

Kapriman collaborations? A PNG artists meeting of minds? Now, that's enticing!

On 2009-02-24 12:11, OceaOtica wrote:
For those who have been waiting on these last editions, sorry for the long delay.

Pages: 1 2 88 replies