Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra Debuts April 19

Pages: 1 36 replies

D

The Tikiyaki Orchestra will debut at the Tiki Farm parking lot sale on April 19th!

Ok all you skeptics, its happening, its real and its live April 19th!!!

T

...no pressure or anything :)

Yea, The Tikiyaki Orchestra, featuring Tiki luminaries Squid, Jon Paul, Digitiki, your truly,few other guys you may or may not know, and a possible surprise guest, will be laying it down at the Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale.

Please remember to do your drinking before the event, as I'm not sure if they will be serving alcohol, and the more you drink, the better we sound :)

Apologies to the people who were expecting to see us at the Bali Hai back on November, we're going to make it up to you this time.

Look forward to seeing everyone there and bringing "StereoExotique" to life.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-03-21 23:33 ]

cool Dealeoo, cant Wait to hear this finally.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

I am not missing this event!!!!

T

I'm really looking forward to this. The CD is great, really well done. Will Jonpaul be playing bass?

On 2008-03-23 21:54, TikiSan wrote:
I'm really looking forward to this. The CD is great, really well done. Will Jonpaul be playing bass?

Yes...JP is rockin the bass.

JB

Wouldn't miss it.

TM

No need for any skeptics! It's hard to put together a big band. Even just three guys is almost impossible to coordinate schedules for.

JP is an awesome bassist, and a very cool guy! I am looking forward to hearing this!!

D

Bump!

T

BUMP BUMP !!!

Can't wait to play for the Tiki peeps !

D

Buh Bump Bump
and featuring Marty Lush on the Vibes! Yowza Yowza Yowza

Sorry to miss this (have an event planned that day). Boo Hoo...you know you are a frequent flyer on my platter!!! YouTube? :)

Gaaaaaassssssssp!!! Thank God! I didn't think I could hold my breath any longer.

Holden's thinks the fan baracades will stop us Tikiyakiacs, but if he thinks I'm leaving without a big handful of Jim's hair as a Tikiakimania souvenir, he's got another thing coming!

S
squid posted on Thu, Apr 3, 2008 12:53 PM

Hodad Hank was kind enough to sponsor us with some fab stage gear from his awesome store. And just in time for our photo shoot! Cheers Hank!

S
squid posted on Thu, Apr 3, 2008 7:57 PM

And as if a live concert wasn't enough, you'll be on hand for the release of our new recording on the world-famous DINDAR label! See ya there!!!!

T

Well, I wanted to keep our image a surprise for the fine tiki folks, but our new band photos came out way too good to keep from the public.

TM

On 2008-04-03 12:53, squid wrote:
Hodad Hank was kind enough to sponsor us with some fab stage gear from his awesome store. And just in time for our photo shoot! Cheers Hank!

Long live the Gert Johnnies!!!!

D

For all you hardcore collectors out there, you simply have to pick up the rare Japanese LIVE double album (available only in Japan):

D

I picked this one up a thrift store--an early Tikiyaki Album, now out of print:

shit thats some funny ass stuff there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

D

Its coming..just a few more days--and with Gary from the Blue Hawaiians on steel!

Ha Ha ha Ha a ha ha ha ha Ha ha Im lauhing my ass off! wis I could be tere in person!

S

On 2008-04-16 10:16, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Ha Ha ha Ha a ha ha ha ha Ha ha Im lauhing my ass off! wis I could be tere in person!

Don't worry. We're coming to your town soon!

Here's a recent shot of the Tikiyaki Tour Bus
after they got it back from the police....
long story....

AND HERE'S A SNEAK-PEEK of Squid on the cover of their soon-to-be-released
PROG-ROCK EP!!! the HITS just keep comin!

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27247&forum=18&20
Thanks!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-04-16 16:20 ]

T

I heard they werent coming because of a labor dispute with Holden . I shot this pic in front of Tiki Farm this morning .

I found this very rare Tikiyaki Orchestra vinyl hanging on the bathroom wall of a local saimin restaurant. Apart from some tempura splatters and shoyu stains the cover is in reasonably good condition. However, the actual vinyl was being used as a pupu platter the next table over.

Yes...thats the "Psychadelic Monkey" single, released on brown vinyl.

The B side is "Cuckoo for Coconuts" - which charted in Denmark....Those Danes love The T.O.

S
squid posted on Thu, Apr 17, 2008 1:30 PM

We'll be offering yet another reissue of a rare 45 platter, recently unearthed at the Alpine Village swap meet and remastered on a Wollensak reel to reel mono deck with a faulty pinch roller. See Ken Ruzic for details.

D

...and don't forget the hot breakout album from the Tikiyaki Orchestra's vibes palyer, Marty Lush:

THis one is long out of print and devilishly hard to find. Copies go for over $.99 on Ebay.

Man, you guys should design LP covers for a living! These are priceless! Makes me wish I could hear the actual vinyls! Thanks, and keep it up!

On 2008-04-04 16:25, Digitiki wrote:
you simply have to pick up the rare Japanese LIVE double album (available only in Japan)...

Got this already but with a different cover under the name "Made In Japan".

Waaaaay heavier than I expected and hardly tropical at all but man can that new singer scream! The twentyseven minute version of Space Truckin' was my fave ...

plus, I can roll fatties in the gatefold. Double albums rule.

T

Yes, that was the singer that replaced Marty Lush after he went solo and released the triple platinum aformentioned LP "Chop Seycide".

Marty Lush has since rejoined the Orchestra after disappointing sales with his Country - Death Metal solo LP " Satan's Rodeo Roundup".

He has since learned that his true calling is Exotica, and being a Cheezy lounge guy is his forte'.

I wish I knew how to photoshop,
got tons of ideas,

oh well, funny stuff guys,
can't wait till Sat. to see ya.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

D

...and the video of the TO at the event for your enjoyment:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ohVDlxx3cM

T

Can't really see the faces too well and have been reading a lot of Harry Potter. Man, Snape can sure play keys.

thank you sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JB

Pages: 1 36 replies