Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Jam ,#4 a t Benzarts? LIVE Broadcast,,Check it!

Pages: 1 2 3 123 replies

B

Are these pic's of the SAME Guy???
NOW:

THEN

??????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

L
Loki posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 6:15 AM

Good grief...what a fat ass I was then. Add some hair, a silly mustache, you'd think I was in the government protection program. At least the local ohana are cool with it. Thanks for the embarassing trip down memory lane Benzo :wink:.

That piece I started is coming along well. I'll post pics of it when its finished. Got a few hours into yesterday. Lookin' good too. Thanks again for a great Saturday. When's the next one?

Don't worry about it Loki it was just 2 days ago and I'm already embarrassed about my hair. :)

L
Loki posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 7:36 AM

Ha! I suppose we both stood out like sore thumbs. Now where did I put my drink? Oh yeah, Check Flounders hand.:wink:

All of you are Really funny you make me laugh here at the firehouse!Mahalo for that and again to Ben and Sherry for a really fun time. Sherry thanks for the clock watch I was still late to my daughter birthday party but i dont think she minded they were on the blow up water slide with 12 other 7yr olds havin fun , but you both were most Grasious hosts(sorry about the not so good spelling "I was always first down in 1st grade spelling Bees"painful memory, ha ha ha )and again To all that I met It was really Great to meet you all and I look forward to doing it again ,Aloha to all Mooney

G

Flounder, I'm jealous you've got enough hair on the top of your head to grow a mohawk. I wasn't wearing a cap all day for nothing.

G

Hey, where's that group shot we all posed for?

Loki you can blame that on Aloha. I looked at the drink, looked at him then looked at the drink then him again and he said "looks like it's yours". Honestly though I would have taken it on my own before the ice melted in it loosing it's beauty.

We posed for a group shot? Don't remember. Must had been that last drink (Loki's). :)

I don't understand why Loki and Flounder were having so much difficulty with the drinks. I usually had two, and occasionally three, in front of me. I could have shared, I don't have any serious cooties......

G

Yes, but Chip, you were also holding a sharp instrument and pounding on a piece of wood. A little intimidating...

Thanks Ben & Sherry for your hospitality! I had a great time meeting everyone and putting names with faces!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post, Here its is!

Chris and I had a blast!
I think next time I will do most of the chainsaw carving up front before I come and hang out while trying some finishing/detail work with the hand tools and small grinders. I was a bit self-conscious being the only loud, smelly and dirty chainsaw thing going on, although I thank Ben for being a gracious host by taking a couple of swipes at one of his pieces so I wouldn't feel like a red-headed stepchild. It looked like way more fun handcarving, hanging out, listening to Pablus and Hows on the Ukes while Chip Captained the bar, so I did not get much carved. I'll post my finished piece if it's not too embarrassing. Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming on My first "Chop" as a "wannabe" carver. I am inspired to try my hand at taking it up a notch and encouraged that there is an approachable and supportive community that not only freely shares knowledge but also shares so many of my varied interests as well. Mahalo!

Although one face threw me off a bit, I remember the guy on the right from Hukilau, but I don't know who that guy he's with is! Loki, Dude! My apologies, I honestly had no idea until I saw Benz B4 & after! That's one hell of a transformation! Thanks for your advice on the grinder, I'm on my way to Harbor Freight as soon as I finish this post.

For some reason I did not end up taking a lot of pictures but Gatorob, Robin and Ben picked up the slack. Nice Pics!
Thanks Chip & Pablus for the Libations!

Nobody told me there was going to be a tupperware party as well!

The Breakfast Club

On that NOT or KNOT..... mmmmm, I mean note, the road test of the Camper (which is a work in progress) Proved to be ......... illuminating and quite the test. More to follow, lets just say the ride home was not as smooth as the ride down and is actually still in progress. It looks a bit "Ghetto" right now but I hope to have it all painted and mostly restored/(repaired) by Hukilau. I may start a thread on it's restoration and Tiki-ation, Tikiversion, Tikifying or whatever you call it.

Ben, anything more I can do to help get you broadcasting fell free to call or PM me. I have found an extra one of those firewire adapters that I can send you if you PM me your zip code, although, I am going to be one exit from you on Tuesday when I.....errrr, come back over for the camper. Hey, It's been around since 1966 so... a labor of love, it is. Especially the LABOR part!

It was great to see friends again and meet new peeps.
Looking forward to the next one!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-05-05 13:09 ]

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-05-05 15:31 ]

Looks like you guys had a great time! Good lord you guys are talented! Is there any video of people carving? And Bo thanks for videoing the event so we here in CA can kind of share in the fun.

MrsHoptiki

C

Looks like a super time was had by all, boy, sometimes I wish I loved a
little closer! All of the carvings look great. And what's with that
gigantic rootball carving, who did that? Did I read right, was that a
"Plugger" creation. At any rate, sooooper stuff.

P
pablus posted on Mon, May 5, 2008 5:27 PM

Yes, the rootball was a wplugger work.

I hate the artists and all their talent. Feh.

G

A lesson learned about that rootball carving: never shove one feet first too deeply into your vehicle. That rootball is like one of those drywall anchors that expands once it's inserted.

Will (wplugger) raised the bar on that one and turned out a gorgeous piece.

G

On 2008-05-05 17:27, pablus wrote:
I hate the artists and all their talent. Feh.

Wait, was that sarcasm? Is that allowed on Tiki Central? I'm telling Hanford...

You should see the other half of that rootball! Everyone needs to harass Will about posting some pictures! :wink:

B

Yes, WILL, WHERE IZZIT? Fork it over, bring it OUT, Hang it up where we ALL can SEE it! C'mon Wil??

J

Hey Gang, Sorry I couldn't make it out on Saturday when most of you were there. I did get to meet Tiki Kiliki and see Karbora again on Sunday afternoon when we finally dragged our tired butts down from Orlando.

Ben, thanks so much to you and Sherry for the hospitality, and thanks for the extra special tour of the workshop! :wink: The mug has proudly taken its place between its brothers, and the bamboo cup is serving desk duty in my little cubicle here at work, next to the card holder Buzzy carved for me. I'll post the pic we took as soon as Todd emails it to me, since it's on his camera.
Thanks again for a great time!

B

Jen, I'm HAPPY You Finally made it to Benzarts Shop. We really enjoyed having you and Todd here. How was the MaiKai???

Sorry I missed ya Jen. We will see you at Hukilau right?

J

Nope. No Hukilau for me. I was only able to afford this last trip because the company paid for most of it. But I will be at Oasis if you find yourself on my side of the country in August!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-05-08 11:46 ]

You'll find me there Jen! My first trip to Oasis. Can't wait.

J

Cool! Can't wait to meet you, Flounder!

Okay, not my most flattering angle, but here's the photographic evidence that I did, in fact, make it to the South Florida Tiki Jam before the weekend was over ...

and, yes, I was fondling the curly lono's tushy. :blush:

Oh, and Putorino was there too! He sure gets around! :wink:

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-05-09 10:31 ]

B

Thanks for the Pic Jen, (notice the startled grin on my face as well as Lonos face?).

Someone left a stainless dipper here and I would like to return it by mail or by Hukilau.

Let me know and I'll make it happen.

P

Oops, that is mine, Benz. Just keep it and enjoy it. I've got a few more.

Now, BK has my calabash... THAT I want back.

T

Hey Ben, Like the beard

B

Thanks Pablus, I THOUGHT it was yours! I'll be happy to keep it but will happily return it to you at the Hukilau since I'm going too.
It'll be there should you change your minmd, no problems.

Pages: 1 2 3 123 replies