Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

1934 Zombie and Choice of Falernum

Pages: 1 4 replies

I've been reading the posts for a while and thought it was time to finely post.

I made a 1934 Zombie from Surfin Safari this weekend. Here in New England Velvet Falernum has been fairly easy to find, so I used that. It was a very tasty drink, but I was curious whether any one has any thoughts as to whether better with the Fee's Falernum. I have an unopened bottle of the Fees and will try to soon get around to trying with that as well. Thanks.

T

I find them to be completely different. The Velvet is spicy and adds complexity to a drink while the Fees is a polite subtle syrup. I use them both in different drinks.

By the way, have you tried the "Search" link on the top right? There are already a lot of threads on Falernum.

Thanks for the post. Yep, tried the search link, and decided instead to ask within the specific context of the 1934 Zombie recipe.

If you're up for it, try the falernum #8 recipe at cocktail chronicles. It takes a couple of days with the steeping and all that, but it really is not difficult (I can't cook) and is really really worth it.

http://www.cocktailchronicles.com/category/falernum/

I made some last week to use in the 1934 Zombie. I tasted the home made compared to the Fee Brothers and there was just no contest.

On 2008-04-07 09:35, leisure master wrote:
If you're up for it, try the falernum #8 recipe at cocktail chronicles. It takes a couple of days with the steeping and all that, but it really is not difficult (I can't cook) and is really really worth it.

http://www.cocktailchronicles.com/category/falernum/

I made some last week to use in the 1934 Zombie. I tasted the home made compared to the Fee Brothers and there was just no contest.

Thanks for that piece of news. I was curious as to the difference. I only have the Velvet so i guess it's time to go zest some limes.

Pages: 1 4 replies