Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central Secret Decoder Ring!

Pages: 1 39 replies

M

I have been eavesdropping on Tiki Central for the last year or so and have recently signed up. I have been to Tiki Oasis 7 and a bunch of other events that i know fellow Tiki Central Ohana is at yet im not sure who is who and unable to identify a TC member from the foreigner who mistakenly stumbled upon some shindig. My thought was maybe TC members should have their own secret decoder ring of sorts. Maybe a kukui nut lei with a special TC marking, a 24k gold medallion with their TC username on it, tatoos on their knuckles, im not sure, talking to people and introducing yourself is one way of finding out but im sure there are people that slip through the cracks. So im just proposing this Tiki Central identification idea and throwing it out there. Aloha Nui Loa

I wanna secret decoder ring!

Me too!

Although I like the medallion engraved with user names idea.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want us to whip up either a TC medallion or Secret Decoder Ring? That's our business?

Scott and Jen

But can you personalize each one and still keep them affordable? If so, I'm all for it.

T

Where does the line form for the decoder rings?

Of course, you know I want one!!! Can we have a secret compartment to stash poison (ya never know when ya might need that!!!)

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 20:30 ]

B

I was thinking of another type of "poison" - you know - a little plant substance?! LOL

On 2008-05-05 13:21, VampiressRN wrote:
Of course, you know I want one!!! Can we have a secret compartment to stash poison (ya never know when ya might need that!!!)

Definitely...that secret compartment can come in handy for all sorts of things.

For fil...it will be his Ovaltine. :D

B

You know, that Ovaltine can really be a blessing for those who are analy compacted! LOL

we have secret piercings to tell us who one another is.
Prince Alberts for the fellas...

..sb

T

On 2008-05-05 14:37, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
we have secret piercings to tell us who one another is.
Prince Alberts for the fellas...

..sb

O U C H !!!

Decoder ring....I'll take one.

On 2008-05-05 11:14, Skinny Dog wrote:
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want us to whip up either a TC medallion or Secret Decoder Ring? That's our business?

Scott and Jen

This could be big business - put me down for one.

*Anybody who hasnt seen the jewellery work of SkinnyDogDesigns ought to do themselves a favour. These guys would be the perfect artists to produce such a thing..

**Could you make them so that when two or more TCers put them together, the powers combine and produce an impressive light-show and make the ground shake etc..?

If not, Ill still be keen.. :)

Tama

I have no problems with a Secret Decoder Ring, but I have TINY fingers, and a large ring won't work well. How about a choice of a Secret Decoder Ring or a Secret Decoder Pendant that I can wear around my neck? It could still have a nifty compartment for poison. :D

Mom, in fact, has a tiki idol on a pendant she got in Hawaii many, many years ago. She still uses it to put curses on select people for specific infractions -- and I swear it works EVERY TIME! :o

On 2008-05-05 14:48, JanetMermaid wrote:

Mom, in fact, has a tiki idol on a pendant she got in Hawaii many, many years ago. She still uses it to put curses on select people for specific infractions -- and I swear it works EVERY TIME! :o

*What sort of poison does she keep in hers..? :wink:

T

On 2008-05-05 14:50, Tamapoutini wrote:

*What sort of poison does she keep in hers..? :wink:

T

MOMordica :wink:

[ Edited by: JanetMermaid 2008-05-05 15:41 ]

B

Maybe a TC logo/emblem that peeps could put in a ring on a necklace, bracelet, earring, tie pin etc..

I like the decoder ring thing but somebody's gonna have to get a cryptographer to create our secret messages. As much as I like Ovaltine, I'm thinking it might should reference liquids of a more adult and intoxicating nature.

I suppose there would have to be a secret verbal exchange to confirm identity before divulging any Top Secret TC information. like.... "The Tiki flies south for the winter" and the response would be "But always nests at the MaiKai" and then both of you would have to yell "ka_kaw ka kaw!", or something like that.

I suppose there could be some sort of "Sign" we could "Flash", like a gang sign Yo! O.k. maybe not.

You could just yell "Okonkuluku!" or some kind of TC drinking call and see who looks over knowingly.

Or maybe some kind of TC emblem or logo that peeps could individualize into jewelry and Mugs and hats and lapel pins where they can hide the secret microphone or little miniature cameras that would send a video feed to http://www.justin.tv/bohemiann (shameless plug).

I think while a secret compartment on a decoder ring would be cool....Sounds like it probably isn't going to be big enough to hold the amount of "poison" some of you are going to require. That would fall under the category of "secret decoder stash box". I suppose it could hold one roofie or a cyanide pill in case you get caught by spies from corporate America trying to take control of Tiki Bar real estate to build prefab. strip malls with Starbucks and "MCstuff R Us" and homogenized, shallow, self-absorbed culture-less clusters of corporate controlled commerce and, and....oh my god! I'm scaring myself.

Anyway, a prize to the one who first decodes this

mod 26
Your secret number is 3
GULQN PRUH UXP, RNRQNXOXNX!

PM me the answer and win! That's right folks, for this post only, step right up and give us your answer for a chance to win this plush, stuffed tikidoll! Cuddle with him on lonely binger nights, sleep on him at crash-overs. Don't pass up this once in a forum opportunity!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-05-07 17:00 ]

Mongoloid said in the beginning of the post....

at yet im not sure who is who and unable to identify a TC member from the foreigner who mistakenly stumbled upon some shindig.

There's these things called nametags people....
they're lightweight,inexpensive,and have adhesive on the back....
they work!
and you can customize them...
and they're cheaper than a decoder ring...
just some thoughts...
:)

Scott and Jen WOULD create a lovely medallion tho....

JB

...but a decoder ring is swankier.

T

How about a Ken Ruzik painted Name tag ?

8T

Forget the rings, just get everyone a tattoo for the middle of their foreheads. That oughta do it.

On 2008-05-05 14:48, JanetMermaid wrote:
I have no problems with a Secret Decoder Ring, but I have TINY fingers, and a large ring won't work well.

Mebbe thats the real reason LLT prefers his paper nametag too.. :lol:

T :wink:

Secret decoder ring... perfect in so many ways even if it has no real purpose in identifying anyone.

W

Everything old is new again and goin' fer big bucks on eBay.

Wink Wink Nod Nod Membership Ideas 2006: Tiki Central Membership Card

How About A Card? Handshake? Ring? 2007: we need membership cards

Translation Device Notions: Where Can I Find A Tiki Central Dictionary?

Still yearn to be branded?
Tiki Central T-Shirts, Coffee Mugs, Mousepads, & MORE! The Tiki Central Store

(Please, don't go gettin' yer official Tiki Central Thong in a bunch, I just made this post to demonstrate the swell minds think alike.)

T

On 2008-05-05 14:36, beadtiki wrote:
You know, that Ovaltine can really be a blessing for those who are analy compacted! LOL

I always wondered about the bead thing.

I want one too!!!

Here's one from 1935, almost like Ralphie's

M

The secret decoder ring was suggested sort of tongue in cheek, as were the tatoos on the knuckles suggestion, even though a decoder ring would be pretty cool, but im sure there is a unique way to display that you are a TC member and what your user name is. So in passing you could see that hey theres Mongoloid ive talked with him before, hes a real kook and completely avoid me. Im hoping the ideas havent fizzled out and that the idea comes to fruition. But if we would all like to remain anonomous so be it, i will still say Aloha and give you that look that Larry David does looking in your eyes for a sign that we might have met before in a cyber world on this little thing we call Tiki Central.

S

I guess that zazz tattoo I got was a waste. All the cool kids get rings now? Darn it.

Suzanne

B

Why? What do you do with your beads?

On 2008-05-05 23:39, tekoteko wrote:

On 2008-05-05 14:36, beadtiki wrote:

I always wondered about the bead thing.

T

What exactly will be decoded, is this something that will be used in conjunction with the almost dead Grand Ceremonial Forum of Mystery? I am up for one! I think a lapel pin might be more of a practical form for a large decoding device.

The decoder ring should hold the secret to a long lost drink recipie

B

Congrats to Limbo Lizard for decoding "GULQN PRUH UXP, RNRQNXOXNX!" as "DRINK MORE RUM, OKONKULUKU!" even though I originally misspelled the Okonkuluku part. I'm new at this cryptography thang.
His prize is being shipped out!
Aloha!

UB

Come on people!
I could barely stomach the Tiki handshake.
A decoder ring?

Wait! There's a tiki handshake!?!?! :wink:

H

Unga, did you ever move? weren't you going to? :) My fingers are too small for any ring, how about a Tiki Central Tiara??? Now that's what I am talking about.

UB

Hi Hil!
Your fingers are too small for any ring?
How does the wedding ring stay on? :)

The Hyatt (that I was transfering to) in Ireland, was canceled by the environmentalists.
Life sucks.
Come some hi when you're in Monterey some day.

H

I sure will Ungeroni, pssssst....I will be wearing my secret decoder whatever so you will recognize me, otherwise it will be the twins and myself.

R

my suggestion (albeit basic and crude) is to have some type of sticker that signifies T.C. That way, we will we will be able to identify ourselves easily... now to choose a sticker design... anyone want to volunteer ideas?

I have been eavesdropping on Tiki Central for the last year or so and have recently signed up. I have been to Tiki Oasis 7 and a bunch of other events that i know fellow Tiki Central Ohana is at yet im not sure who is who and unable to identify a TC member from the foreigner who mistakenly stumbled upon some shindig. My thought was maybe TC members should have their own secret decoder ring of sorts. Maybe a kukui nut lei with a special TC marking, a 24k gold medallion with their TC username on it, tatoos on their knuckles, im not sure, talking to people and introducing yourself is one way of finding out but im sure there are people that slip through the cracks. So im just proposing this Tiki Central identification idea and throwing it out there. Aloha Nui Loa

R

On 2008-05-05 19:35, little lost tiki wrote:
Mongoloid said in the beginning of the post....

at yet im not sure who is who and unable to identify a TC member from the foreigner who mistakenly stumbled upon some shindig.

There's these things called nametags people....
they're lightweight,inexpensive,and have adhesive on the back....
they work!
and you can customize them...
and they're cheaper than a decoder ring...
just some thoughts...

Scott and Jen WOULD create a lovely medallion tho....

Rosered says:
I was thinking a sticker to go ON the nametag...

Pages: 1 39 replies