Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pic of Real Headhunter with Heads

Pages: 1 19 replies

TT

Wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to U-mod if you think it should be elsewhere.

My friend's late father had this picture in a frame for as long as they can remember and when I removed it from the frame to scan it about 6 months ago it became apparent that it was on photo paper, like the matt finish stuff used in photography class at school which leads me to believe it was hand developed and an ORIGINAL photograph, I scanned it at super high res so i have a file large enough to make a bilboard out of... anyways...

Ain't nuthin' wrong with gettin' a little head once in a while........ :lol:

Appears to be a fresh catch on the way to the head shrink.

NOICE HEH-D Trav!

V

Looks like he is offering a sale - two of his for one of yours!

...and the jungle cruse boat sails along....

TT

one thing i noticed was, his arms appear to be very long comared to his body and the haeds are mauch larger than his, maybe he is a "Pygmy"...

If the span of your arms outstretched horizontally is greater than your height, you have a positive ape index, common in most primative man... see "ken ruzic"..

H
harro posted on Thu, May 29, 2008 5:58 AM

where was the picture taken?

any idea of the date?

TT

I believe it's from Papua New Guinea, waiting on more info..

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 30, 2008 4:24 PM

I wonder where's he heading?

TT

On 2008-05-30 16:24, Cammo wrote:
I wonder where's he heading?

oh dear... a brand new low in the "comedy" department...

On 2008-05-30 16:34, Tiki Trav wrote:
oh dear... a brand new low in the "comedy" department...

Not if I can help it. I'm Limbo Lizard... let's see how low I can go:

Missionary man, him tell me, "Two heads mo' betta den one". I say, "Good idea. Hey, look down, you shoe untied!"

He's head over heels... but only about 6 inches over.

Honey, look who I brought home for dinner.

No, this isn't a "head". It's my European carry-all.

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2008-05-31 06:58 ]

Two heads are better than one!!!

On 2008-05-26 21:33, Tiki Trav wrote:
Wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to U-mod if you think it should be elsewhere.

Maybe it should go in 'Collecting Tiki'... the guy's just displaying his latest tiki aquisition

TT

maybe Bamboo Ben really is the wild man from Borneo?

K
KuKu posted on Sat, May 31, 2008 12:28 AM

On 2008-05-30 21:22, Limbo Lizard wrote:

On 2008-05-26 21:33, Tiki Trav wrote:

Maybe it should go in 'Collecting Tiki'... the guy's just displaying his latest tiki aquisition

Looks like Ben took a header and can't make heads or tails out of how he got there...

Yum Yum! Eat Em Up!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2008-05-31 02:09 ]

On 2008-05-31 01:29, Unga Bunga wrote:
Yum Yum! Eat Em Up!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2008-05-31 02:09 ]

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't know what this is but let's see you drink it.."

I can't say it's not original but these are being sold on eBay.
Item number: 300216767653
This is a photo of New Guinea, Indonesia. It shows a scary view of a Head Hunter with a cut off Head. This photo was published in probably the 40s. So it is about 60 years OLD. Size approximately: 65 x 90 mm. It is still in mint condition. This photo should be in every New Guinea collection. Buyer pays $ 5.00 for handling and worldwide shipping. Buyer of multiple items can save on shipping. Payment to be made by bank (in euro) or through PayPal. Buyer of multiple items must wait for the invoice. Buyer must make his payment within 14 days. For more photos please take a look in my eBay store and at my auctions to make your New Guinea, Indonesian or Asian collection complete.

H
Heath posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2008 4:40 PM

On 2008-06-03 12:12, ahansen77 wrote:
This is a photo of New Guinea, Indonesia. It shows a scary view of a Head Hunter with a cut off Head. This photo was published in probably the 40s. So it is about 60 years OLD. Size approximately: 65 x 90 mm. It is still in mint condition. This photo should be in every New Guinea collection. Buyer pays $ 5.00 for handling and worldwide shipping. Buyer of multiple items can save on shipping. Payment to be made by bank (in euro) or through PayPal. Buyer of multiple items must wait for the invoice. Buyer must make his payment within 14 days. For more photos please take a look in my eBay store and at my auctions to make your New Guinea, Indonesian or Asian collection complete.

Here's the link

TT

On 2008-06-03 12:12, ahansen77 wrote:

the picture that i scanned was about 280mm x 350mm and had no border or text, the pic was developed right to the edge of the paper, clearly the same pic but i think from a different source, who was it published by? and are the one for sale from a book etc? or like a baseball card?
cheers
Tiki Trav

Pages: 1 19 replies