Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Kreepytiki friday the 13th Tiki block Party

Pages: 1 30 replies

I didnt get to respond to any of the comments and its simply real Crap that my thread was locked because of some fake profile making clown decides to make empty threats. please do not lock this topic we are NOT gonna fight or kick anyones ass, this was clearly staged to get our thread locked its a damn shame that it was.
First off to the person who said "we are going to profiting from this because we have a new shop" sorry bro, we are a tattoo shop First. we have had a loyal, good clientele for years. our works speaks for itself. With that being said its a tiki shop and tiki themed because thats what i love & thats whats in my heart. I dont have to sell tikis, mugs, or anything else to survive... actually, what i sell most "purists" will not be into anyhow. so as far as me making money from this you are dead wrong bro. Even if all of hukilau attendees were to come i still wasnt gonna make anything belive it or not. i am giving away stuff actually paintings, prints, mugs, ect. so dont go telling me about "Aloha". Please ask before you make accusations. I sell tikis to people who have never heard of tiki, people who I believe this tiki Culture needs desperately. Also for those of you who have made this party to be negative, especially once the first post was put out by a "respected member of TC", and decided to jump on that wagon, please have the heart to think for yourself . For every negative comment that i have heard on here I have also gotten a significant amount of real good pm's by people who are behind me 100% on this. I will not expose any of you, dont worry, but its a real shame that is has to be in privacy so you dont get attacked here, you know who you are and I appreciate all of you.
our event will go on and into the late hours and like we told you all before we have a killer party lined up. if you want to make it great, if not you will read about it. please do not post things here to lock my topic, all the KOOL kids already know how you feel and by simply NOT showing up, you can make a louder statement and keep all your cool coins for the remainder of the weekend.when the dust settles you all will see this was not a selfish thing but quite the opposite..mahaloz, jaksin K.

hey guys this is what our store front looks like. like i said before, its real hard to miss! i also want to point out that this block party is NOT in a parking lot, its indoors in a bar connected to our shop. the fire and hula dances will be held outside due to fire hazards. its right off of US 1. i will repost directions again soon for those of you who have asked on how to get here.

[ Edited by: kreepytiki lounge & tattoos 2008-06-07 19:38 ]

WOW! That's inviting. Nice shot there brah. Wish I could be there. Good luck with the biz and the party.

Your shop looks freakin awesome!!!

H

I think I like the car better than the shop! Will it be there during your Hukilau event?

lol Haklugi , There will be lotsa cars like at the event . lol

P

Talani,
here from Polynesian Proud Productions, I was not able to put my 2 cents worth from the previous thread since it was locked down. So, I like to express my 2 cents and statement to
"How it really is".

I must say that this entire attack on Kreepy Tiki is truly unwarranted and very surprising, this I know from my involvement from the beginning. There was "no intent" on competing or trying to lure attendees to the Tiki Block Party during Hukilau hours. People make it seem like they are the enemy when in actuality they are just like each of you who have embraced the tiki culture and lifestyle with a deep amount of love and passion as evident of your postings and support for Christie in the direction it has now taken to alienate one from the other, to choose sides of support. For those of you who do not know Kreepy Tiki personally, it is a shame that you attack them with derogatory comments of their character when in fact, from the beginning of Hukilau they were there and have continued to be a part of the festive celebration year after year not only of their art, carvings and support, but of their spirit and passion for what everyone finds in common to gather and celebrate. Christie has commented on their relation since the beginning and the Aloha shared as well. Those of you that have gotten to know them over the years at Hukilau can surely agree to the type of people they are and the aloha spirit they emit. This does not change, but many of you would like to think so.

Yes, it is unfortunate, that it has come to this, but I will tell you there is more to the story, and hidden agendas of why this attack has mounted up to now...When the dust settles, I have no doubt that the truth will present itself and you can gather from it what you may. Someone said"Look into your heart of hearts and acknowledge the Truth" Many of you are shielded from the truth, the truth you know is the truth they spin to you, lets see the heart of hearts and if the truth will be divulged.

With the last year of Hukilau...........one never knows what else will follow..... as being the last year.

Hukilau is a Celebration and the Tiki Block After-Party was intended and created to celebrate the same things everyone reading this enjoys. Tiki, Spirits, Good Fun, Polynesia, a bit of genuine history and a chance to see old and meet new friends along the way. Kreepy Tiki and PPP along with our other partners wanted to have a celebration of tiki, Polynesia etc. for our local following, new following (OCC) and even after the bahia mar Hukilauers who would love to continue their Polynesian pop tiki experience. The time was not to attract away from the lineup or festivities of bahia mar but to offer an additional gathering place after wards that offers a continued celebration of what you love, what we love. Each of us are supporters of the Hukilau and have been from the beginning, this was merely an additional extension for after wards that got divided real quick. We could go back and forth on this, people know what they did and did not do, whether they acknowledge our intentions to work it out prior to the first post on TC or not. It is what it is.

In retrospect, things could have been different on both sides.

My purpose for this reply/post is to shed some light and truth on a great bunch of friends, Kreepy Tiki and many who I have had the distinct pleasure and honor to work with through my shows and productions who have the biggest hearts and possess the kind of Aloha that some can only talk about.

These friends who have been responsible in bringing the heritage and culture to many long before there was a hukilau or the explosion and embracing of the South Pacific. Performers and personalities of Polynesia that have had a rich history of performing/entertaining in many of the places that are now gone, many of the places that are talked about in these forums. Many of them, former Mai Kai. Now, many of you may not know of these individuals, some of you will, but I can only assume because they are no longer employed by the Mai Kai, it remains in Hukilaus best interest to not promote them or their long history of employment with the landmark restaurant, perhaps that is why up until now, they have been unknown. Through the threads and posts here, history is uncovered, discovered and rejoiced in, these individuals are walking talking performing open books awaiting for your questions and time to experience them live now and not later in the pages of a book or the posts of a thread that someone re-discovers.

In closing here, once again our intentions were not to provide a rough one on anyone, we wanted to provide a lasting experience for new and old attendees to the culture of Polynesia, Tiki and things related while giving credit and honoring some amazing talent that you otherwise would have not had the pleasure of meeting or the opportunity to experience. There are two sides to every story, take it upon yourself to read between the lines, thats what speaks volumes!

We will collectively support as we always have Hukilau and the festivities and that makeup Hukilau. This is NOT the official Hukilau After Party, that is correct.
Eventhough this is not a Hukilau sponsored event, it is meant to continue the aloha spirit celebration. We welcome anyone who wants to support and attend the "after" party.
It is a shame that people are looking at this as an attack. Where is the tiki and aloha spirit?
I won't get into the drama. This party is to acknowledge and pay tribute to the many talented and wonderful people that has history with what we love. We hope that you get past the negativity and join us for some great fun and lots of aloha spirit after your event!
For those of you who have decided against participating in our After-party, no problem.
For those who may decide to attend, we appreciate your support and hope you will come by and enjoy the many things that night. There is enough of the Spirit to go around..............and of course, well into the wee hours.
Be safe whatever your decison may be and enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy......

Alofa le Atua ma fa'ataunu'u ma le manuia fuafuaga
mo le Hukilau ma le After Party.
Tofa soifua.

Talani

L

Can't mutha@#$*! wait...

Mahalo soy el loco MALO!

K
KuKu posted on Mon, Jun 9, 2008 6:43 PM

So, can I get a tattoo sometime after midnight, say around 1:00 or 2:00...?!? 8)

AI

Talani,

I think we all agree this situation is much more unfortunate than malicious. Those of us not 'in the know' only see a similarly themed event that led to the movement of the Hukilau Friday Night Festivities from the ballroom to the weather-sensitive Cabana.

Your store looks incredible, I have no doubt sometime in the future I will patronize it (I've already got some of Kreepytiki's art). Friday, however, belongs to Tiki Kiliki and the Hukilau. What makes this more unfortunate is that it's the last Hukilau. I guess some of us Floridians need to work on something new, and hopefully as exciting.

Let's all look to Pele to bring peace and clear skies, and leave Ku wanting for now.

A hui hou,

Angry Idol

Very well Said Talani thanks for the werdz my brUddah the fact that our South Florida Polynesian Bruddahs, Sistas and ohana are coming together and backing us in this even though some might be "the competition" speaks volumes of our "real" intention my bruddah, its about time they deserve it..KuKu , by that time I will be fuel injected with Zombies and Alcohol of 151 proof.. so if you dont mind a permanet souvenier from a krunkt kreepy J. I think why the hell not!? ..hell maybe I'll let you do one on me! ..we gotta come up with an official lil tiki to get marked up tho any submissions ,suggestions? ....the Homie From Florida who thinks "timing is lousy" Remember bro we did all we could about this it has been tried and talked about over and over ...its not Hukilau's , Kiliki's, or our fault this couldnt happen beleive me , its really unfortunate it has to be like this. Regardless of what you guys do, we aint gonna hate on any one of youz for not attending..matter of factly, most if not all of us Kreepiez will Attend Hukilau too!! so understand there is not Hostility or anti- Huki feelings just some wanna spin it that way around here ..I will be out there supporting the artists like i do every year and hopefully buy a piece from every single one of you..mahaloz , kreepy J.

Just to give ya'll a heads up on the raffle, tickets are now on sale at
Kreepytiki lounge & Tattoo
2606 S. Federal Hwy
Ft. lauderdale, Fl 33316
we've already been getting a lot of traffic for people wanting to buy tickets for the raffle on friday, so this will give some a chance to buy tickets before they're gone!
tickets are $2 or 3 for $5.
i will soon be showing what the prizes for this year will be. (

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 7:08 PM

On 2008-06-10 06:18, kreepytiki lounge & tattoos wrote:
KuKu , by that time I will be fuel injected with Zombies and Alcohol of 151 proof.. so if you dont mind a permanet souvenier from a krunkt kreepy J. I think why the hell not!? ..hell maybe I'll let you do one on me! ..we gotta come up with an official lil tiki to get marked up tho any submissions ,suggestions?

could be kewl, kinda like stevo's offroad 4 wheel tat by henry rollins. maybe a blind in 1 eye, can't see outta the other drunkin' pirate tiki sorta thang...

Kreepytiki:

I wish you the best in your new project! As someone once said to me, "Sorry, nothing personal, its business" We might stop by and see the digs on the way to the main event of Hukilau after seeing The Cure. From Thursday morning to Monday afternoon my wallet will be sucked clean from the fallowing.....there is a point to this....

1.Airport Taxi.
2.Tip for cab driver.
3.Beer at the airport.
4.Beer on stupid Southwest.
5.Rental Car.
6.Beer at liquor store in FLA
7.Junk we have to buy because TSA will not let in on board and we refuse to check bags due to loosing them!
8.Cabs because I do not want a DWI
9.Aloha Pass at Hukilau
10. Ticketmaster
11. The Cure
Bars
Bars
Bars
Bars etc.
13.Tip for maid
14.Etc. Etc Etc
15.Drinks
Drinks
Drinks
Drinks
16. Hukilau Bazaar
17. Tips, Tips, Tips (I am in the service industry)

You get the point!
I am here to experience all of it and make new friends and maybe, just maybe, laugh a little!

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jun 10, 2008 9:14 PM

Well I can toast to that Bodotikiman!

I am here to have a good time too!

while i will not post my entire itinerary, I can say that I am carving out time (and $) to get a tattoo at the east coast's coolest Tiki tattoo shop* Kreepytiki.
Maybe I'll see some of you there getting inked!?!

I have been viewin Kreepy Tikis art for a few years now and am committing to permanently investing in a piece of their work.

Keep up the good work Jaksin!

• yes there are other tiki tattoo shops - Dirk Hays in Atlanta, Dave Warshaw in San Diego, and Joe Leonard in Santa Rosa are a few that I have visited

KuKu i say we do this with both eyes covered lol (we will keep it real bruddah)I got me several buc style eye patches round here! arrrggghhhh! its on..Bodotikiman thats some wild scheduling ya got bro hope to see you sometime fo sho! the general idea here for my weekend is to stay outta the broward county jail hah ..Otto , good talking to you last night bro ..please send me the pics of the spot you have i really need em timing is crucial..everyone else please be safe and enjoy yerselves ..easy, kreepy Jaksin ..tiki thuggery since '97

here are two of the prizes we will be giving away on Friday's tiki raffle! tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5!
3 prizes in total! good luck to all of you and see you friday!

Aloha & Welcome...

Friday, June 13, 2008 10pm-? Kreepy Tiki Tattoo & Lounge, Polynesian Proud Productions, Tiki Squad & Bourgets/Orange County Choppers in association with Russ G Events, Creative Catering Concepts, Kahuna Awa Kava Bar & VooDoo Tiki Tequila bring you "TIKI BLOCK AFTER PARTY 2008"

An incredible evening of tiki, Polynesia, good spirits,kreepy tiki art, authentic hula,amazing Samoan fireknife, Live Hawaiian music, Old school Kustom cars, hot rods, choppers and custom bikes plus a whole lot more...

Look for the flaming torches and 4 GIANT TIKI GODS watching over our BLOCK party, you'll see the action, the display of beautiful custom cars and bikes. Hear the sounds of the ukulele and the beat of the drums, follow the sweet smell of island cuisine, indulge in the delicious samplings created by Carolyn Lasser or relax in our outside island patio. Music of the South Pacific for your listening pleasure with hypnotic swaying hula hips. Try a cup of kava from Kahuna Awa, the sacred Polynesian drink. Come inside to a world of Tiki and art by Kreepy Tiki, a place of warmth and Aloha to any tiki enthusiast, see the collection and browse the many items of Kreepy Tiki available for purchase. Other featured artists: the amazing Mai Tiki, Wayne Combs and a selection of unique and just arrived items. From Tahiti, the South Pacific Art & Design of TAHIKI by kabuki, something you will definitely have to see and will want, something that belongs in every tiki bar, and so much more...

In our main bar, special tiki mug specials by kreepy Tiki for BLOCK AFTER PARTY only, so get em while they last. An entire night of FUN, do not forget to purchase raffle tickets for a chance at some very unique items.

Plenty of parking.

Come early if you can, first 25 in receive a goodie bag with something real special inside.

Our Special guests will also be available to meet, talk story and share pictures and memories of days gone by in many of the famed Polynesian Restraunts. (such as Kainoa, pictured above performing at Bali Hai, before her 30 years at the Mai Kai)

Come one, come all!
Hope to see you there!!.........If not, be safe and have a happy tiki weekend!

dont forget tonight bruddahs the Block party is on ..oh and remember this isnt a complete outdoor event our fire and knife show will be outside and car and Bike show but the event will be indoors mostly in case it rains..easy , jaksin

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.