Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2008 Images Here!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

M

Let's start a new thread for all the Hukilau images, rather then adding them to the 14th page of the other Hukilau thread.

Let 'er rip!

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-06-13 09:49 ]

J

Cool! Another Hukilau thread! :wink:

Oops! Wrong year.

Sarongarama:

TikiBree

Hot Swimsuits

straw monkey handbag was the hit of the show

Loki and Chip

Loki

Kiki

Merman..without pants!!

and again

Down With Pants

We'll call this post "Ode to Stumpgrinder"

this one looks like she's about to do the Wonder Woman spin!

[ Edited by: SouthBamaTiki 2008-06-14 13:35 ]

[ Edited by: SouthBamaTiki 2008-06-14 13:37 ]

BeachBumBarry Seminar

Pics from Friday night at Bahia Cabana and Saturday night at Mai Kai. This would be where SouthBamaTiki finds out he has somehow developed TWO chins and is NOT photogenic! The ladies look good enough to make up for my mug,though :)

WOW! THESE PICS ARE GREAT!!! KEEP THEM COMING.

[ Edited by: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! 2008-06-16 21:58 ]

For those of you that are Flickr users, there is a Hukilau group for you:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hukilau/

It is an open group, join in and share your pictures.

For those of you that are not Flickr users, follow the link anyway and enjoy the pictures and post comments.

I love everything about this picture save my "Cycloptic Badge of Shame" suffered whilst chasing Mermaids at the Clipper.

Fitting Marina would be the one to post it! She was to fast for me and I missed her completely and caught the bottom of the pool with my face. How I managed to get past my nose and tag dead center of me orbs is really confusing. We were all a bit dazed from the glow of a full moon I think.......Otto.

At least theres photoshop.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-06-15 18:52 ]

B

I found the Mermaids Saturday swimming around and couldn't leave 'till they were gone. Beautiful and Mesmerizing!

Not sure how Lil Lucky Tiki got mixed up min there but he Said he was "goin' Swimmin' ", he just didn't say where. Did he GET LUCKY???

myspace

[ Edited by: Benzart 2008-06-15 20:09 ]

B

More Hukilau pictures from the Vending area

PAIPO..Check out These Photos. I didn't see the similarity until I was posting them. There's a wood one too!

Enough for now

Those are probably the best shots of a mermaid I have ever seen Ben.
Mermaids and booze!
THANK YOU!
Ya, how did that sea urchin get in there?

B

I'm not sure but he was All wet and Still holding his drink when they fished him outta the water saying sumthin like"Just gotta get the colors right, Colors right, Colors, Right! :lol:
Thanks for the comps.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2008 1:56 AM

OK, I now know who was selling these and am following it up - it's not just me who is getting burned here, but other NZ carvers too. Many thanks to those who PMed me with the info I needed.
Rant now removed to avoid further examples of worthless trolling (see below)...seems some people just can't help themselves :roll:

[ Edited by: Paipo 2008-06-16 18:16 ]

T

Selling 'Knockoffs in Florida' .... are you sure?

DUH!!

B

BACK to More good stuff. Hukilau Photos again from Vendors

L
Loki posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2008 11:20 AM

Just some highlights from this years wonderful Hukilau. Thanks Christie for another great years. We had the best time this year by far. Kudos to all the volunteers, artists, musicians, Mai Kai staff,and all the Ohana for making this year so special.

If you were lucky to be in the Molokai Sunday afternoon you got to witness Mua walking table to table singing along with all the Ohana. I will not forget his booming sweet voice and his huge smile. Judging by his huge smile, I guarantee he had as good a time as we all did.Mahalo my friend.

Tangaroa-Ru (Kari), it was a pleasure meeting you. You are a true ambassador of the California Ohana, and we had a great time talking with you. Truly one of the hardest working tikiphiles this weekend. You are welcome here anytime lady.

Our dear friends the Haole Kats. What else can I say that you guys don’t already know? Mahalo for kicking much ass this weekend. Hukilau would not be the same without you.

Pablus, thanks for letting me squeeze your limes…wait, that didn’t come out right. Always great to hear your songs in the Molokai. The scorpion was awesome. Anytime, anyplace.

Benzart and MrsBenzArt…we had a great time catching up with you both. You know my number, lets get together soon. And I have to embarrass MrsBenzArt now seeing as she is signed up here. Making her TC picture debut….and knocking down the Sidewinders fang solo.

Fisherman…mahalo for a great set at the Mai Kai. Loved every note. You guys always put on an amazing show. Crazy Al working the coconuts made it even better. And who could forget the lovely Torchy Taboo singing along with you?

Jungle Jim and Jennifer…thanks again a million times over for letting us crash your room and making those two punch bowls of scorpions with Chip and Pablus. We made a mess, but we made a boat load of great drinks too.

Bree and all the sarong o rama models and support staff…what a great way to spend my morning. Working with such a lovely group of ladies should be a crime. Thanks for letting us Kane’s join in the fun. You are a classy bunch of people. Anyone who didn’t see the show missed out. One of the weekends best highlights. Can’t wait to participate next year and an extra special thanks to Fashion Tramp for letting me show off your beautiful shirts and utililavava.

Surfintiki and TikiKayaki…so glad we met. You two are great people and we cant wait to hang again soon. Surfin..you have got to be the first pizza tiki carver I’ve ever met. Great job on the pepperoni moai.

I promise more later.

[ Edited by: Loki 2008-06-16 11:53 ]

[ Edited by: Loki 2008-06-16 11:55 ]

Excellent photos everyone! Keep 'em coming!

I think Pat looked like this all weekend. Just a little BLURRY.

K

I swear this wasn't planned...we had never even met before just then:

First time I got to see the Martini Kings...those guys were unreal:

Most of my pics from the fashion show weren't too good because of where I was standing...but I thought this was a pretty good one:

Some of the crowd during the Intoxicators performance Friday night:

Mai Kai:

Pronounced keh-NEE-kay

[ Edited by: Kenike 2008-06-16 16:29 ]

[ Edited by: Kenike 2008-11-22 13:15 ]

awesome!! tom waits even showed up!! i see him in the straw hat and orange t-shirt!!

that settles it...i'm going next year!!!

On 2008-06-16 15:05, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

awesome!! tom waits even showed up!! i see him in the straw hat and orange t-shirt!!

I thought that too.

J

Um, yeah, that would be Squid.

We had a great time and are looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next Hukilau!

Thursday night:

Sarong-o-rama Fashion Show:

Jeff "Beachbum" Berry's seminar:

Friday night main event poolside at Bahia Cabana:

Bosko's seminar on Saturday:

Great view from my hotel room:

Saturday night at the Mai-Kai:

The Wreck Bar on Sunday morning:

The final event -- back at the Mai-Kai on Sunday afternoon:

Thanks to Tiki Kiliki and her volunteers for an incredible Hukilau.

Mahalo, everyone!

--Frank

M

On 2008-06-16 14:55, Kenike wrote:

Mai Kai:

---wow, Incredible shot!!!

The mermaid images are fantasmarific! Actually, all the pictures so far are enjoyable. Thank you all so much for sharing them! It's too bad that I won't ever get to go to go to the Hukilau. I guess I will just have to visit the vast array of other events a-happening nationwide.

I'm happy to see that Suzanne had a good time! lol

On 2008-06-16 19:00, mrsmiley wrote:

On 2008-06-16 14:55, Kenike wrote:

Mai Kai:

---wow, Incredible shot!!!

Ya, that should be a print.

This should be a print too. Who is this?

Benzart, is that you in the hat with beard? I hardly recognized you.

J

How quickly they forget ...

On 2008-05-22 19:48, Jungle Trader wrote:

Very nice image. Love the angles (from head to bosom to waist to knee), and lighting. Can you do this one in your birthday suit?

Look familiar now?

Here's a few of mine. ~

I like the bottom one a lot. I'm gagging on my Russian Roulette shot while Otto, Mr. Smiley, Bongofury and Hanford celebrate my discomfort. :(

That's what friends are for.

T

Hukilau was a blast this year!
I ended up with like 700 pictures from the weekend... So I have culled them down and am going to post my favorite 30 here in 3 posts...

Cheers!
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!
The Disasternauts

T

T

My words don't do this party justice. Let the photos speak!

Aloha, Mahalo for the best time ever!

[ Edited by: surfintiki 2008-06-17 18:30 ]

Lots of awesome pictures guys! I am still organizing all of the images I took but but I feel obligated to throw a few up right away.

Giant Mahalo for this guy!

BTW, Cool Mug!
Which segues nicely to......

There is a reason he is called Crazy Al!

The drinks are not the only intoxicating elements at the MaiKai!
I actually forgot my food was at the table and I was pretty darn hungry!

Beachbum Berry's drink samples. Going, Going.....

Here is a view you don't normally get.

Back to organizing images. There is quite a few!

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-06-17 15:49 ]

Man...I was so bummed having to come home after the great week...nothing like some friend time to recharge the 'ole batteries. Even if my sleep batteries are low. I love you all, man. You can eat at my backyard barbecue any day. I hate listing names because you never get everybody you want squeezed in, but: Kiliki, Tim, every single one of our great vendors, Jonpaul, Marie, the Tikiyaki crew, Julie, Ben, Al, Gen'rl Hanford, The Doctor-at-the-party Berry Bum and photographer-extraordinaire Mrs. Bum, Danny and Steph, Tony, Bohemiann, the beautiful Kikeke, MR. Cha-CHing Kukelele, Pearly Shell, Strotto Von Oheim, Jungle Jemifer and Jungle Jen, Mr. and Mrs Lakesurfer Hansen, Squiddy Rich, Suzie-Q (thanks for the Sunday digs!), Alice, ROCKSTAR KAI and friends, Joe, Kelley and Jim, Mr. and Mrs. Hot Rod Tiki, T-bomb, Dave Levy, Kern, Pia, Tiki Magazine, Mr. and Mrs. Bosko (see you at Folly Beach!), Smiley, Inky, Torchy, Nick, Pablus, Josh and those Haole Kats, and to all the new folks I met this time around it was a treat and a pleasure. NOW, I did find this rope edge 1954 production lemon-yellow Eames Zenith with the uber-transluscent fiberglass and rare early casters at my first stop in Athens after I got back! That helped daddy feel a 'lil bettah about being home.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna 2008-06-18 21:41 ]

Woah- nice, Basement Kahuna!

That would make an excellent chair for my big o'l fin!

(Looks waterproof too!)

And Marina, too!! :)

bah I know if I had gone I woulda drank way to much and puked.,
probably better I didn't go.........

thats me trying to be sarcastic, and act like sour grapes.

god damn,am I sad I didn't go.
looks like an amazing time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Got home late yesterday after our flight, too out of it last night to put a post on here, but today getting back to normal!! We had a wonderful time, it was the best! We loved every minute of it, best bits I guess, the mermaids in the Wreck Bar, the MAI KAI, all of the siminars, just everything really! Thanks to Tiki Kiliki for everything, you are a very dear friend, and thanks to everybody else who made us feel very welcome, I would list you all but can't remember everyones username on here, but you know who you are! We made some great friends, who we will keep in touch with, and caught up with loads of friends we have known forever, and hopefully see them all at the Oasis in 8 weeks!! Will post some photos when I get time to get them off of the camera on to here. It was great putting a face to some of the people on here and spending time with you all.

Thanks also to Crazy Al for bringing us our new mug and for giving us Number 1, thanks.

See you all soon.
Sue and Dave.

[ Edited by: tikiwagon 2008-06-18 08:57 ]

More photos:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcsWbRuzcsWLyQ

BTW - did anyone try one of those painkillers at the Wreck Bar?

Seriously - TWO OUNCES of 151? Whew!

On 2008-06-17 12:17, SoccerTiki wrote:

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm an enthusiast.

[ Edited by: leisure master 2008-06-18 08:11 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies