Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The 8th Tiki Central Tiki Crawl -- October 9-12, 2008 - UPDATE: Official Mug and more announced!

Pages: 1 2 3 122 replies

ALLAYYULLAH, teh Carl is on. :drink: :drink: heheheh

Have fun all you crazy crawlers!!! Thanks for trying to make the webcam happen Hanford. :)

TofuJoe and I will be leaving in a bit to meet up with y'all at Trader Vics...

M

Inky and I will arrive Friday night--zazz! I'm thirsty!

S

We're crawlin....

TD

Yarr I'll be out tonight cya all at FI :D

The wife and I just relocated to NorCal a couple of weeks ago and were happy as pigs in poop that we'd be able to attend this event. We went for dinner at Trader Vic's last Saturday and can't wait to hang out there again, as it is just friggin' awesome.

S'gonna be cool to visit these new places (for us), too. That conga drum moai mug will be mine.

Lookin' forward to meetin' some new folks, too.

WOO.

MT

Break out the lonnnng straws, 'cause I'm headin' out to The Crawl. Spare liver in it's medical carrying case. Look out Tiki World!!!

Man, oh man... what a night! The Maikai Gents had an absolute blast with the gang at Trader Vic's. What a treat it is to play to a room full of friends. Thanks to all for making it a night to remember. Looking forward to seeing some photos of it all. We'd certainly appreciate any photos that show the band framed by the beautiful Emeryville decor and the water and city lights in the background. Well, with a quick four hours of log-sawing, we're off to our next gig and no way will it be as fun as last night's. Mahalo to all involved!

-Weird Uncletiki

C'mon! Where are the pictures, quit holding out.
Are you all too wasted to post pictures?

Best
Mark

I have over 90 pix from the Crawl.....
Someone help an old man out here and tell me how to post em......

Mahalo.

OH yeah.

One more thing.

Cady and Jim. Amelia and I have some killer pix of you from the crawl.

Let me know How to get them to you.

Okay. I think I have this figured out.

Guess So.

Here's one of MANY pix from Tiki Crawl 8.

Look carefully you might be in there...

Mahalo

Tikiman

[ Edited by: metikiman1705 2008-10-12 15:18 ]

TG

My friends and I had an absolutely incredible time last nite!!! thank you SO much to all the organizers and all the bars (especially Trader Vic's who were so awesome to give us those $5 DRINK DEALS and the food and swag at the end....!!) for being so hospitable to all us drunks. It was also great to meet a lot of familiar faces!

I took a bunch of pics will try and post them tomorrow.

Cheers,
dina :)

I want to jump on that Mahalo! bandwagon. Big Props to Martiki, Hanford and MaiTai (ans their minions) for puttin' together a really great time.

Mad Skillz - Uz Gottem!

We had a beautiful time last night at the crawl. MAHALOmahaloMahalo!

Unfortunately, Rachael seems to have lost her bracelet.

IF ANYONE FOUND A SILVER BRACELET
MADE OUT OF THE ORNATE PART OF SILVERWARE
please contact me.

This was a family heirloom and
she is really torn up that it is missing.
Mahalo for your help!

God Damn Boris!
And you're asking me why you can't get laid?

:D

Oh no. Poor Boris. The Rum Demon must have gotten hold of him that night....But then I'm not one to talk. Thank you again to every one who organized and help with the crawl.. Best time I've ever had. Can't wait till next year.

I nominate that we post our SF crawl pictures in this thread;

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30121&forum=17&0

PS-Anyone find a ZAZZ pin-I think I lost mine! :)

M

*PS-Anyone find a ZAZZ pin-I think I lost mine! *

Is there a reward for its safe return? Ya see, Jungle "Dive Master" Trader and I have this side gig going. It's a private investigation slash marine salvage slash haz mat team type deal. No job is too tough, no lost item too....shudder...Vic, put the gloves on this time!

I'll post just this one snappie here, one of my faves from the Crawl '08. Of course "Pretty Woman" is tiki. When said motion picture is playing in the bar at Emeryville Vic's during the SF Tiki Crawl that modern day twist on the classic Pygmalion tale is super tiki.

In a neat bit of fortune, I took one random photo of the screen and it captured the appropriate line for the evening. No, not "I got 50 bucks, how far will that get me?", but "Thank You". Thanks to Hanford, Martin, and Bill for putting on a heck of a crawl. Kudos, amigos.

Conch...it's what's not for dinner,
midnite the bounty hunter

S

Okay, so first of all, all the mucho mucho mahalos I can possibly say to Hanford, Martin, and Bill for putting such a dynamite event together - I had a BLAST.

And then - to the frickin' fabulous person who found such a creative way to "store" my conch at the end of the evening Saturday night -- what a way to end the crawl! HA HA HA HA!!! I have never laughed so hard in my life. You people kill me, you really do.

I will never forget it...

:wink:

Suzanne

C

What a FUN & FABULOUS weekend!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Hanford, Martiki & MaiTai for putting together such a great weekend!!!!!
So glad I was able to make it out for this one - it was great to catch-up with lots of you West coasters, and a few East coasters that made it out, too!

What a BLAST!

MAHALOZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Yes, as others have stated. FUN FUN FUN!!!! Thanks to those that pulled it all together, great job! Already looking forward to the next one. :D

Favorite conversation of the crawl, me calling UB after he said he was going to go look for an Irish pub in the city around 9:30pm Friday night.

Jungle: "Hey, where are you?"
UB: "I'm at O'Reilly's."
Jungle: "Okay, how do I get there?"
UB: "I don't know how you'll get here"
Jungle: "Nooo, where is it?"
UB: "I couldn't tell you where it is"
Jungle: irritation, "How did you GET there?"
UB: "I don't know how I got here" Walks outside, "Okay, it's on Green St. Just ax for directions, I don't know where it is, it's on Green St."

I finally walked a few blocks and found it. Once I sat down he told me he walked in and everyone was staring at him, then he looked down and there was his "Unga Bunga" name tag still on his shirt.

Unga Bunga is a brave man. He sought refuge and he found it in the oldest Irish Pub in San Francisco, O'Reilly's. Thanks for the free room at The Hyatt Regency, great view. Thanks to all the organizers too and to old friends and new ones (croe and Conquistador Tiki....errr, Iniquitiki, Ron.

Thanks to everyone - organizers, attendees and mixologists alike for a great experiences. Cady and I had a wonderful time on our first Crawl - so nice to visit bars like Forbidden Island and Trader Vics & have drinks the way they're supposed to be made!

toofastjim

It always takes me a bit to wind down after the crawl before being able to compose myself, reflect, and thank everyone for the good times on the Tiki Crawl.

I've posted my full recap on Tiki Crawl Website. Please check it out! Mahalo!

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/

Here's an excerpt:

Thanks go out to the following people:

* Nacho, who worked nonstop to kick out a wonderful Tiki Mug design (plus other stuff!) in record time.  
* DJs Dean "The Jab" Curtis and Otto Von Stroheim for kicking out the exotic tunes on Friday night.  
* The Maikai Gents & Project: Pimento for making the Tiki Crawl sound better than it has in years. It's excellent to see great bands play inside of true Tiki bars.  
* The folks at Rhum Clement who generously donated spirits.  
* Everyone who brought food on Sunday.  
* Al, Blair, Midnight, Jason, Megan, Chad, Humu, Mark, Kate, Boris, and everyone else who I am forgetting who helped move boxes, carried ice, loaded & unloaded, counted heads, guarded mugs, handed out badges, wrangled name tags, hosted out-of-towners, transported mugs, loaned out iPods, and overall made life easier for everyone on the Crawl. We appreciate all the effort you guys put in to an event where you should be relaxing and enjoying.  

http://www.tikicentral.com/misc/

Pages: 1 2 3 122 replies