Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hot Rod Hula Hop 4 tickets on sale NOW!!!!

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

Awesome event! Kudos to Ahu and all his helpers. Way to go FOM!

36 hours now to rest and recharge before heading to Oasis. Whew!

On 2008-08-11 12:30, rugbymatt wrote:
Awesome event! Kudos to Ahu and all his helpers. Way to go FOM!

36 hours now to rest and recharge before heading to Oasis. Whew!

I'm with ya, pal. I'm barely over my first Hot Rod Hula Hop (which rocked) and now I have to get set for another crazy tiki weekend. (And added to the mix, the final edits to Bachelor Pad Magazine 5, which goes to the printers tomorrow.) Yeah, life is good!

T

Wow, my first tiki event.. I had a great time my daughterinlaw and my 2 grandsons came with me and had a great time.. Looking for ward to next year..

S

Whew!

We're settled back home and recovering. The Ohio Ohana sure know how to show a gal a good time!

My whole little tribe had an incredible time, and are telling me to be sure to tell everyone who helped make it happen how much they enjoyed it! OakTiki adds his personal MAHALO as well!

Simply amazing hospitality! (I could chatter on and on and on and on about how amazing it was, but "simply amazing hospitality" sums it all up.)

I'll try to get the pictures up as soon as possible.

And for anyone who hasn't been, get next year's on your calendar NOW. The HRHH is a must!

C

WOW!!!!! The Hop sure keeps getting better & better!

Great vendors, record car turn out, some AMAZING bands (can't wait to get reprise of WAITIKI at Oasis!!!!), cool stuff in the silent auction, great Ohana to hang with...........

I could go on & on.........But I won't......Because I have to get on a plane for Oasis tomorrow AM & have a lot to get done between now & then :wink:

Suffice it to say that this year's Hot Rod Hula Hop totally ROCKED!!!!!!!!!

P

MOAI-O!!!

What a party.
The food, the drinks, the music, the story, the vibe... all supreme.
The films were hilarious.

Nothing like watching the sun rise over the Columbus skyline after a little insurance grub at the Waffle House.

Mahalo, FOM for a great party.

What a hoot!

Thanks so much to everyone!

The HRHH is an event where EVERYONE had a hand in making this event a huge success, from the vendors, to the sponsors, to the volunteers, to the entertainment, the coordinators and all those who traveled some pretty long distances to attend the event. All that hard work made it a really fun weekend in the heart of The Buckeye State.

Many thanks to all those who came by to say hi and to pick up some new Lake Tiki decor for their slice of paradise! Your support is much appreciated!

Some pictures of the weekend...

My little piece of real estate

Rods, rods and more rods!

The kick ass A-Frame entrance The Red Palms chapter created

Saturday afternoon at The Hop

Dime's Snack Shack

Some great tiki art at the Silent Auction

Sunday chilldown at Chisel Slinger and Sweetbeak's backyard paradise

T

I would like to know if there are any tshirts left from the event.. I was there and being it was between paydays I did not have the extra money to buy any.. Thanks

K
Kahu posted on Tue, Aug 12, 2008 6:58 PM

On 2008-08-12 13:12, TikiTyme wrote:
I would like to know if there are any tshirts left from the event.. I was there and being it was between paydays I did not have the extra money to buy any.. Thanks

T-shirts? Where?

Sorry.
Actually there was no t-shirts sold at the event.
Except a work shirt and those were sold out.

Or did you see something else that you thought was for sale?

T

Sorry I was talking about the surf ohio shirts

I think you can go to Surfohio.com and order them.

P

I was awarded, by the probability that I was the only 5X dude there and was mixing Nui Nuis for the host, an awesome grease monkey Hula Hop shirt.

I love that thing. I have nothing like it except... it.

btw, when I left the hop on Saturday afternoon, I went by my Grandmother's house on Chicago Ave. right in the middle of the hood off Broadway. It was a bittersweet moment for several reasons. The house holds a lot of very cool and strange (but in a good way) memories for me and that beautiful brick structure had been painted corn stalk green.

Man, I love Ohio.
When Francis Llacuna comes down here to record, I'm gonna hook up a few of his tunes for you all to listen to.

He's the man.

OH...

[ Edited by: pablus 2008-08-13 20:25 ]

On 2008-08-12 06:37, pablus wrote:...Nothing like watching the sun rise over the Columbus skyline after a little insurance grub at the Waffle House...

... Did somebody say Waffle House? Mmm, grits!!!

What a weekend! Great people, great music, great merch, great TIKI! I thought the monday back to work would be a rude awakening -- a full week later I'm still hangin' ten on the wave of bliss! Much Aloha for the FOM!!!

S

A bit late, but photos as promised- http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/Hot-Rod-Hula-Hop-4

(Each of the 5 are individual galleries, containing lots more pix.)

We should have taken MANY more, but see, we were having such a good time, gawking at the hot rods, enjoying the bands, drinking, oh and meeting lots of new friends...

T

Here's a link to some Pics. I took from the Hot Rod Hula Hop

Pages: 1 2 62 replies