Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Anybody receive their Hukilau mugs?

Pages: 1 2 82 replies

Received mine (unbroken) today.

H

Still haven't heard a thing since I paid for it last month...

I thought I previously paid way back in the beginning of ordering, now I got a new bill today. I paid it, but the whole thing is confusing. I don't have any packages, so will just hope it all works out well.

LT

On 2008-07-14 22:13, VampiressRN wrote:
I thought I previously paid way back in the beginning of ordering, now I got a new bill today. I paid it, but the whole thing is confusing. I don't have any packages, so will just hope it all works out well.

Shipping charges were billed separately from the items ordered.

AT

Received mine today. Fantastic work from the folks at Munktiki. Hope everybody gets their goods in a timely manner.
And best of wishes to all involved with the Hukilau.

$36 for shipping seemed a little steep to me.. but I want to support the efforts of all involved so I willingly paid it.

My mugs arrived intact....

Thanks

Got mine today....sweet!

an odd question, but in those that have been received was there a packing list including the price of the mug and shipping included?

Still looking for someone that has an extra mug they can part with .

mug and pendant arrived last friday ..mug was in great shape and very cool...worth the wait...

were still patiently awaiting ours, but we were one of the last ones to get a mug, so im sure we'll be one of the last to get it.as long as it arrives in one piece, i dont care how long it takes to arrive though.

H

:(

T

I went on Paypal to see how many months ago I paid for my mug that I have yet to receive and yet to receive a shipping invoice for. There were two requests from her for shipping payments. One was from 7/15 for $15.95 and one from 7/29 for $16.95. WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT!

TWO

I ordered two mugs to be picked up at Hukilau but only one was there. Long story, blah blah blah, many back and forth emails (most of 'em unanswered) still no invoice or mug. WTF?

Yeah, I paid $66 months ago and still have nothing to show for it. I was under the impression that these mugs were $50, plus shipping, which was $16 for me. Then after the event, I too received a new invoice for $16.95 with absolutely NO explination. I have e-mailed Christy THREE TIMES asking what the new invoice is for, and have gotten no reply. I'm really leary about paying any more money for something that might never arrive.

Was I wrong about the amount, and should I just pay the new invoice blindly with no response to my earlier e-mails? Why are some of us getting our goods, while others are not? Has Christy gone "bad" and ripped us off because there will be no more Hukilau's? Has ANYONE got a clue or heard from Christy on ANY of this? If so, PLEASE post it!

T

The extra invoice is for shipping, which wasn't included in the sale price. It was stated on the sales page that you'd be getting another invoice once the mugs were ready to go out. But that was a long time ago!

I saw her in Tahiti the other day.

H

Lee, I have not heard from her either, and I never got an email regarding the postage, and no mug. It is strange.

T

Saw her on the bus the other day!

T

I paid $16.95 for shipping on 7/30 but have yet to receive my Hukilau Mug. :o I will have my Tiki Oasis 8 Mug before I ever see (if I ever see my Hukilua Mug). How sad is that:(

[ Edited by: tiki-lee 2008-08-13 14:01 ]

Hi everyone. Sorry you've taken your case public - but I don't blame you a bit. There's been lots happening in my life and unfortunately the Hukilau merchandise being sent to several of you has suffered. My Mom's health was in critical condition just after Hukilau and I had to take time out to spend with her - she had one heart attack 4 days prior to the event and then one during the event. That became my priority which I'm sure everyone can understand. I have sent many apology emails and have responded to EVERY email that someone has sent to me. I'm not using this as an excuse - I'm just explaining where my head has been.

I have relocated to San Antonio due to losing my job in Fort Lauderdale but finding another here. I have been working diligently to get all merch to you and should have all orders filled my Tuesday.

Please keep in mind that I am a one woman show - no one helps with this end of it. I'm also the ONLY tiki event that offers merchandise to the entire Tiki community - not just those that attend. I care very much about getting your purchases to you. To date I only have 25 mugs to send out - some of which the purchaser has yet to contact me so I'm sitting on them waiting.

I will not comment here again - if you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]

I certainly hope that all of you understand that life happens to all of us. I work very hard to bring all of you a great show and keepsakes every year. I'm doing the best I possibly can do.

You can also guarantee that this is the last time I will pre-sell merch to the public or online - Hukilau merchandise will only be available at the event only. In the event I find a private source to send merchandise for me then this will change, otherwise, you can purchase only at the event.

They are certainly worth waiting for, that's for damn sure. Best Hukilau mug EVAR!!!

THANK YOU CHRISTIE!!! :) :) :)

N

Ordered Mug April 8, 2008
Paid For Mug April 8, 2008
Paid for Shipping July 1, 2008
Emailed July 9th to inquire where Mug was.
Was told Mug would ship week of July 16th.

As of today, still no mug, and I have emailed Munktiki, and Tiki Kiliki asking status.

N

Update:

Subject: Re: Hukilau Shipping Invoice
Date: August 16, 2008 11:32:30 AM PDT
To: [email protected]

Lela,

I just printed your shipping label. Thanks for the email and I truly
appreciate your patience. Your mug will be shipped out Monday/Tuesday.

Mahalo,
TK

So... we shall see...

All good things come to those who wait.

I still have not gotten Tikikiliki all of her pictures that I took at Hukilau (sorrry!) and I still owe a few to individuals, Have not forgotten "I Dream of Tiki"!
Never underestimate the amount of crap that life can throw at folks and if you are to show compassion anywhere, let it be here with kindred souls.... with the TC Ohana.

Thank you Christie for this years Hukilau!
I know it was an emotional rollercoaster on all fronts and you really do an awesome job!
aside from all the stress and angst of simply coordinating and making Hukilau happen you had to contend with:
*The Drama and travesty of the MaiKai closing and it being the last Hukilau then NOT.
*The controversy of another event scheduled on Friday night that prompted a venue change due to the possibility of poor turn-out and "shirt loss".
*Your Family and a Mothers failing health.
*The uncertainty of ones future in the job market and picking up and relocating to a whole new scene.
*and who knows what else!

You not only get a pass from me you get a "I love you, man!" and a giant "Mahalo!" for all you do! because in the grande scheme of things.....It's just a freakin' mug, and in the words of a wise Jamaican I recently met "Soon come mon!, soon come!"

[ Edited by: bohemiann 2008-08-18 03:56 ]

AT

"You can also guarantee that this is the last time I will pre-sell merch to the public or online - Hukilau merchandise will only be available at the event only. In the event I find a private source to send merchandise for me then this will change, otherwise, you can purchase only at the event."

This is horrible news for those of us that may never make it to one of your events.

Perhaps you could have the manufacturer ship the merchandise direct for the online purchases - have a shipment sent to the event for onsite sales and online sales for the folks who cannot attend.

Keep it limited editions - two versions with one being exclusive for purchase at the event.
This will cut your costs of having the entire run shipped to your location as well as providing a bit of relief from what must be an enormous amount of work necessary to organize such an event.

I just got back from Oasis and my Hukilau mug was waiting on my porch in perfect condition. Mahalos!!! It's a beautiful mug!!!!

H

I got mine this weekend and it was in perfect shape.

T

I received mine on Friday. After unpacking it and closely inspecting it I remembered why I bought it in the first place. I don't care about how long I had to wait for it at all now. It really is a great mug.

K

BOOYAKASHA!!
stoked as hell! too bad i forgot where i live and she had to send it twice...shrug

I received my mug last Thursday, on my 4th wedding anniversary.
It was extra special because we had our honeymoon at Hukilau 04. Couldn't have picked a better day!
It was well worth the wait.

N

Hukilau mug #115 showed up yesterday at my work, and YES! It's a stunning mug. I can't wait to break it in. Thanks for all the comfort and support guys! Mahalo!

TWO

Lots of promises but still no mug. Let's see: June, July, August, September..........

i finally got my hands on mine last weekend (no fault on the shipping, i had to have it sent to a different addy) and let me tell ya it is one mighty fine mug. cheers!

Pages: 1 2 82 replies