Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

We were going to do this in late September, but Mrs. Fury has a deadline to meet. So.....

Labor Day weekend....
Sun....
Sand....
BBQ...
Cocktails....
Primer Nationals.....

Some of our friends will be coming up to Ventura County (8am-3pm) for the Primer Nationals anyway so we will start things here after the event on Saturday. We will still do the informal meet-up here on Friday before heading up to the Hong Kong Inn for the Polynesian floor show.

I will post more as we get past Oasis and closer to this event.

Count me in Bongo.I want to see that Rincon Room!

Uh oh! Its now official!!!!

[ Edited by: tikitony 2008-08-10 13:24 ]

We welcome you 1961.....It's not officially "official" until tIkItOnY posts the event poster...

Sounds like a blast as always Bongofury I will be there and if someone needs crash place there may be room on Dee Boat

Thanks Bongo, sounds like a kick.

Hell ya-
Count Laura and I in.

Shootz! Nothing better than a summer night at the Rincon Room. Bongofury and Mrs Bongfury are awesome hosts and throw a great party. One of the best I have ever been too. Wish I could be there for this one. Have fun!

IN!!

Adam and I will be put there for the Primer Nationals. . . can we join the party? :D :D

We will miss you Chongolio...some of your art is in the Rincon Room.
Of course you can join in Atomikitty.

While the Primer Nationals website still does not list the bands playing, this is what I heard....

Saturday
Homer Henderson
High School Caesar
Southern Culture On The Skids! (one of Mrs. Fury's faves)

Sunday
Dynatones
Johnny Dilks Band
Del Reys

I

There.

RR

In and bump.

T

RobRoy has generously offered to make prints of this poster, which will be available at the event! Can't wait for another fun evening at the Rincon Room!

I heard there's a new hot lava clam shell water fall? I'm also gonna try to make postcard size prints of the poster!

Hope to see you all there!!!!

[ Edited by: tikitony 2008-08-10 13:25 ]

I'll bring a feshly cooked batch of delicious coconut and tropical fruit..............candles!

N

Just great. I live in Camarillo and the one feakin' weekend of the entire year that I'm out of town, there's the Endless Summer Party at the Rincon Room.

I need a karma overhaul.

T

Alright Tacky Suburu Pagan Tiki !!!! Mispellers of the world untie!!! Man, its been a while SP, it'll be good to see yooz!

[ Edited by: tikitony 2008-08-10 13:25 ]

It's on!!! The Glasgow Tiki Shakers are back to rock the Rincon Room once again!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 30th. Can't wait.

[ Edited by: glasgowtikishakers 2008-08-16 09:48 ]

If it is an open invitation, we would very much like to attend. It sounds like quite an event and we would love to see the Rincon Room, meet Mr. and Mrs. Fury and everyone else.

On 2008-08-08 20:24, GlasgowTikiShakers wrote:
It's on!!! The Glasgow Tiki Shakers are back to rock the Rincon Room once again!!!

Hell Yeah!!

On 2008-08-14 21:56, bongofury wrote:

Is that a...SURFITE? That's so boss!

Hey, you could pimp a Smart Car into a Surfite.

On 2008-08-16 21:13, floratina wrote:
Hey, you could pimp a Smart Car into a Surfite.

I heard that if you pimp a smart car, you only get a pimple.

(Sorry, that's the best I can do, I'm in a funk, too broke to go to Tiki Oasis and the Endless summer is too far away for me to feel better right now.)

Wait, the Glasgow Tiki Shakers are playing? HotDamn boy, I'm starting to feel better!

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-08-16 22:16 ]

Oasis looked great, thanks to all who are posting pix. Still have Long Beach Tiki Fest and the Endless Summer. This year will be the last open invitation, so plan carefully....

Naneki...vacation happens. At least you are local so just plan on stopping by soon.... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29255&forum=17&0

Glasgow Tiki Shakers!!!!!

Sparklegem.....you are most welcome here.

Spermy!!!!!!!

Floratina! Yes.....Surfite With Tiki Hut can be seen here in person.....you....must....attend....

C'mon Bananabobs.....less than 2 weeks. It'll be here before you know it.

Primer Nationals!!! Southern Culture On The Skids!

And Friday Too!!!! http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29094&forum=17&4

Guest Bartenders Welcome, let us know if you want to help out. If you plan on attending please let us know by sending me a PM so we know how many are coming and for getting the address. I will post more soon.....

My Brothers newly flamed '32.....

Ok I'm seriously thinking about coming up for this.
gonna shoot you a e-mail Bongofury.

Jeff(Bigtikidude)

On 2008-08-19 19:57, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(Bigtikidude)

You'd better! Would not be an Endless Summer without you Bro!

On 2008-08-19 21:08, bananabobs wrote:

On 2008-08-19 19:57, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(Bigtikidude)

You'd better! Would not be an Endless Summer without you Bro!

you mean endless Bummer right?
ha ha.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

N

On 2008-08-18 19:12, bongofury wrote:
Oasis looked great, thanks to all who are posting pix. Still have Long Beach Tiki Fest and the Endless Summer. This year will be the last open invitation, so plan carefully....

Naneki...vacation happens. At least you are local so just plan on stopping by soon.... http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29255&forum=17&0

Woo Hoo!

Thanks. Do you have a hankerin' for any silent film memorabilia? Cuz that's all I can pick up from where I'm going.

Oh, grrrrr and darn! I will be in Asheville, N.C. that weekend! Otherwise, I would be there in a heartbeat. Okay, more like an hour, since I live in Burbank. Have a mai tai for me. Looking forward to seeing the Bongofury's soon again...

Naneki.....I am more of a 40s-50s-60s mystery/film noir fan, but there are a few silents that I dig. Have fun.

Tangaroa-Ru....We figured we would lose some of our friends due to it being a holiday weekend, but for those in town (and us) it should give all an extra day to recover and chill.

Hey Bongofury, "staycations" are "in" these days. I herald your decision to hold this gathering on the hallowed ground of the Rincon Room during the upcoming long holiday weekend.

I am sooo looking forward to this :)

Counting the days!

_

edited out drunken drivel.

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-08-22 17:21 ]

On 2008-08-21 20:55, floratina wrote:
Hey Bongofury, "staycations" are "in" these days. I herald your decision to hold this gathering on the hallowed ground of the Rincon Room during the upcoming long holiday weekend.

I am sooo looking forward to this :)

YAY Foratina will be there!!

Um Dair!

Here are a couple of nearby hotels. Motel 6 is cheaper and has a Denny's next door and IHOP & Jack In The Box across the street. A block away are The Habit, Baja Fresh, Presto Pasta, Yamato, plus many more.

http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=0051&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=

This one's a bit more with Snapper Jack's Taco Shack (our fave......Dos Equis & Tecate on tap), St. Francis BBQ, a deli, plus more.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/oxrch-courtyard-camarillo/

Highly recommended activity. Island Packers out of Ventura Harbor will get you there & back for about $40.00. One of Mrs. Fury's favorite dive spots. Check out the photo gallery...

http://www.nps.gov/chis/

Less than a week!!!!

On 2008-08-23 07:43, bongofury wrote:
Highly recommended activity. Island Packers out of Ventura Harbor will get you there & back for about $40.00. One of Mrs. Fury's favorite dive spots. Check out the photo gallery...

http://www.nps.gov/chis/

and three slips away from my boat

If anyone is taking Amtrak, the train station (under the 101 FWY at Lewis Rd) is only 1.5 miles from our house.
Cheap local transport CAT ($2.00) each way....2 hour minimum notice or call yellow cab

http://www.ci.camarillo.ca.us/main.aspx?q=6084&p=9652

http://www.venturatransit.com/taxiservices/

If you live near the 10 Freeway we recommend taking the scenic route from Santa Monica up PCH just past Malibu and Neptune's Net you can continue through Oxnard to the 101 if you are heading to the Primer Nationals. If you are coming to the Rincon Room, turn right on Las Posas Road (at Point Mugu Naval Weapons Station). Turn right again on Hueneme Road which turns into Lewis Road and you are almost here.

If you live near the 118 Freeway you can also take the scenic route ....as the 118 is curving into the 23 FWY exit at Los Angeles Ave (118) and follow that through Moorpark until you reach the signal at Lewis Rd, turn left and you are almost here.

We are planning on serving burgers (Hawaiian style....teryaki sauce + grilled pineapple) and potato salad. Side dishes welcome and anything you want to grill also. Mrs. Fury is making up some veggie skewers with Hawaiian dressing for meat haters. I will be serving up the traditional American favorite....Bong Water Cocktails (vegetarian). Guest bartenders will be serving Mai Tais (Ojaitimo) and Daytonas (Whale Rider) plus more to be announced...beer, water, and soda too. Extra drinks you may want to bring are cool too (but any lite beer will be thrown away....so take it with you)

Remember to PM me for the address. Also let us know how many are coming

Please note that our house and yard are barely adult safe so keep the kiddies under your thumb or they will be fed to the tigerfish .....Aloha!

I am so needing this! Can't wait!

I can't believe I missed another Bongofury session.
What the hell is wrong with me?

Just reminiscing of the last big party I was at there.
and found these pics.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=19716&forum=17&start=75

see ya there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great repost Jeff, absolutely incredible back yard.I must be there.
Bongofury a man after my own heart.You have superb taste .Great pics
of velvets.I wonder why he never added to my velvet thread?
I am looking for someone I can car pool with up to Bongos house.
Is there anyone out there close to Newport Beach that is going to
Bongofurys house ?

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-08-26 13:53 ]

Hey BongoFury, and Mrs. Bongofury.

I didn't notice anything about booze and or food.

should we bring stuff like normally?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bigtikidude and Grog at the same party...
Should I bring armor or ammo?

bring BBQ sauce and some twister matts.

ha ha ha.

I got nothin against Grog.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies