Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 26, 2008 11:08 PM

On 2008-08-26 22:59, bigtikidude wrote:
bring BBQ sauce and some twister matts.

GROG having second thoughts about attending the party now.

Don't worry Grog...there will be a retired sheriff there...Hey Unga, you didn't miss it yet.....it's Saturday. Plenty of time for you to make it down. Where are the Bay area people? BTD....thanks for the blast from the past. The plants sure look small and our walls aren't white....Thanks 1961, I must have missed your velvet post. We now have most of them hung inside along with a bunch more stuff in the formerly bare bar....

Pssst hey buddies....inside tip..... call dibs on the hammock early and sleep far away from the couch.

On 2008-08-26 23:41, bongofury wrote:
Hey Unga, you didn't miss it yet..

Regarding that I can't get off from work.
Should be the Tiki home bar party of the year Bongo.
Have fun!

H

Regarding the fact that I have to go to one of my best friend's wedding, I can't go either. I am sad.

There is a Bay area home party on the same Day.
so Thats prob. why nobody from Nor. Cal. isn't chiming in.

Unga, Work on a Sat.?
thats almost inhumane.
sorry to hear that man,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Okay, I'm in! I'll bring the fixing for Trader Vic's Grog.
I'm happy to guest bartend.

The Whale Rider will be serving up some of her famous Daytona's. Named after an awesome ZEKE song. Yummy Yummy

MT

On 2008-08-26 23:41, bongofury wrote:
Where are the Bay area people?

I wish I could make it down, Ron, because you and Mickee are the best! Good times hanging out with you guys on the Sunday before Tiki Oasis. Yeah, Mark Holt is having a big party at his place on the same day, and a lot of the NorCal Ohana will be hangin' out there. Oh well, there's always next year.

Anyone that hasn't seen the Rincon Room yet, you are seriously doing yourselves a disservice by not going.

Screw Primer Nationals, I'm coming out for the Rincon Room!

I will be doing about 1/2 hour or hour bar shift, making a simple grog.
rum, lime juice, brown sugar, splash of soda water, and mint.
simple but tasty.

Can't wait.
I'm starting to get antsy about this.
been to long since I've been to this paradise known as the Rincon Room.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-08-27 19:30, bigtikidude wrote:
Can't wait.
I'm starting to get antsy about this.
been to long since I've been to this paradise known as the Rincon Room.

I feel the same way, sort of like the kids lining the fence outside Wonkaland, waiting to see what new and amazing things are there, like the clam shell fountain.

SwampFire, no booth at the Primer nationals? Or are you saying, the Nat's are not driving you but the Rincon Room?

SwampFire, no booth at the Primer nationals? Or are you saying, the Nat's are not driving you but the Rincon Room?

Yes I will be sell'n at PN along with Stacey and her beautiful jewelry. Thanks for asking.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone and hang'n at the ultra cool Rincon Room.
Ron and Mickee are the ultimate hosters, er, hosteses, ummmm ...really great people.

Still looking for anyone out there in the OC that is going to Bongofurys
on Saturday.There must be someone that's cruising up hah? Feel free to
PM me.

Thanks everyone.....we have quite the lineup of guest bartenders. Don't know what Tiki Bird is serivng but I believe Stacey is mixing up the "Painkiller". I'll try to squeeze in an early shift. Hope everyone is having a gas at King Kukulele's Tiki Ti gig! We will be busy here tomorrow prepping so we can hit the Primer Nationals Saturday morning. Aloha....

hey Bongofury,
a buddy said that the Southern Culture on the Skids web site says that they play at 1:30, and the Primer Nationals web site says 11:30.
so not sure which ones right, but thought I would give a heads up.
Either way, its still before 3 pm party start time.
but cuttin it kinda close.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

One of these days Ron....

Had I not been doing Tiki Island San Diego and flying over Ventura to Forbidden Island parking lot sale, and back to the OC, and trying to get in some water time...
I might actually make it to The Rincon Room on this California trip in September! :x

Next year! For sure!

I hope you all have a great time! I'll be thinking of you, and raising a drink at the 20th Anniversary of The Dairyland Surf Classic this weekend!
Surfers from all over the lakes gathering in Sheboygan, WI to celebrate the start of another surf season here.

Dave and Rebecca from Purple Orchid Tiki Lounge checking in. We can make a batch of French Zombie! It was a big hit at at Tiki Oasis this year.

oh la la, its a potent MFer too.
had it at Purple Orchid a week or 2 before Tiki Oasis.
very tasty....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Oh, I can't wait! SpongeBob Alan and Michael are coming!

I'll have some ceramic tiki necklaces for $10-20 donations going towards food/drink for the RinconRoom!

Too bad.....no Lake Surfer. You have to fit us in your Cal trip next time even if we aren't havin a party.....I'll show you the local surf spots

French Zombie.....yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Our friends Dave & Sue came by today to visit before flying home tomorrow.....

We will see the rest of you in a few hours.....

On 2008-08-29 21:54, bongofury wrote:
We will see the rest of you in a few hours.....

Ya Thanks! That helps me get to sleep! I'm like a kid waiting for Disneyland...

one Mai Tai

two Mai Tai

three Mai Tai...

(Steve, shut up and go to sleep!)

wow bummer,
Dave and Sue are so cool,
too bad they couldnt stay for a day or 2 more.
:(

its 1 am now, if I seem really out of it at the party, its because Im really tired not drunk,
uh huh sure.......
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Damn, i havnt posted in so long, i almost forgot how, Thanks Mr&Mrs Bongo for putting this on, i'll be serving Lei Lani Volcanos. Cant wait to see everyone!

TBird OUT!

Back from the Farmers Market with fresh picked limes and mint. Ready to mix Mai Tais with Rhum Clement Creole Schrub or Curacao. We'll have a taste off. See you all soon.

Finished a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting last night. First time trying this recipe--so I apologize in advance if they sucks.

Jumping in the shower -- and heading out soon!

Cheeky Out!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 30, 2008 3:09 PM

GROG on way.

First a day at the Primer Nationals, that in itself would be a great day, but to add a visit to the Rincon Room is over the top.
Ron and Mikee I cannot thank you enough for the blessing of your friendship, your hospitality and sharing your incredible home. Rincon Room aside, Your beautiful people. This was my wife's first foray into my world of Tiki and as Ambassadors of Poly-pop, you have her hooked!

Our host, Bongofury

Mrs. Bananbobs

Bigtikidude when he heard Grog was at the party

Grog laying low, not acknowledging his name...

Polypop, his beautiful family eating with the King.

The next burger is mine!!!

As Twilight arrives, so does the Tiki Torch lighting ceremony, music by The Glasgow Tiki Shakers

G
GROG posted on Sun, Aug 31, 2008 11:09 AM

Ron and Mickee, you two are the most gracious of hosts and have the most awesome house. GROG wish ya'll lived closer so GROG could be over there EVERY night. Good seeing everybody that was there, and GROG really enjoy the Glasgow Shakers. Good food food, yummy drinks; it was a great evening at the Rincon Room.

Dear BongoFury's
Thank you so much for opening your beautiful home to everyone, it's a hidden gem.
here are some more pics below:

[ Edited by: Sparkle Mark 2008-08-31 13:49 ]

Thank You so much Ron and Mickee. We had such a great time at the Rincon Room. The Glassgow Tiki Shakers were awesome. Thank you to all of the bartenders for getting me good and liqured up. The food was delicious. And the Hospitality and the great company of friends is the best. I can't belive all of the new additions you have made since your last party. I am still in awe of your collection. Thank you Thank you Thank you. We hope to see you soon.

Bongofury and Mrs. Fury, thank you for a fantastic time!

The Monkees have it all wrong, the song should be Pleasant Valley Saturday.

"What I Have Learned", by Tangaroa-Ru

I have learned that I really should not leave L.A. on Labor Day weekend EVER AGAIN. I cannot believe how many fine Tiki events were happening over the past few days out here. Nevertheless, Asheville has been lovely and it is good to see old friends here, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted photos so I can, at least, see what I missed!

R

Ron & Mickee, you guys are the best. Thank you so much for opening up you awesome home to us. I am amazed at your collection. It was great to be able to see so many of the TC Ohana there from all over. I for one can definitely say that it was WELL WORTH the long drive from the OC to be there. I am so glad that so many people were able to document this event with pictures. Keep em coming!

Ron and Mickee are such gracious hosts, and they have such a wonderful home, that it’s like being transported to a tropical paradise. Their collection is incredible and it’s displayed so beautifully. Their parties have all the perfect elements of good food and drinks, live music, and lots of great friends.

T

Mr. and Mrs. Bongofury... you both are so amazing. Both your creative spirits have blossomed into an amazing exOtic Jungle environment once again and thank you for sharing a little bit of the world you have created. The foliage has really taken off, and I can only imagine the amazing jungle you'll have in just a few more years. I always forget just how inspiring your vintage collection can be, especially with the meticulous way its all presented. Your suggestion to paint black velvet as well as your awesome collection of velvets inspired me to put paint to velvet, and I'm more excited about tiki now than I was when I first discovered my first palm log and bamboo in the riverbed to make my first Tiki Hut almost 10 years ago!

Purple Dave Orchid mixing up an amazing Foggy Groggy ... forgot what it was really called, but it was an amazing blend of the exotic with the fog and bubbles and did I mention it tasted great!

Monkey, Chimp, Orangoutang, and Alene.

Bongofury crossing the bridge over the lagoon as Doug Horne almost tops the 8 foot tall torches.

These are the Ceramic Tiki Necklaces offered for donations towards food/drink that I sculpted.

T

A huge thank you to Ron and Mickee. The house is absolutely amazing. I could hardly pull myself away from the Cabinet of Awesome Stuff.

The guest bartenders were sensational. I had no idea that Ojaitimo made such a killer mai tai.

It was incredibly nice of Tony to sign posters.

I had a fabulous time.

O

Ron and Mickee! Awesome party, your place is incredible. Thanks for letting me make a mess with the 3 versions of Mai Tais I made. Vic's, Don's and Clement. (Thanks Tiki Kate)

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-09-01 20:33 ]

sorry for late reply,
IM just now getting on the computer since friday afternoon.

Wow!!! the place has really become so much more amazing.
not that it wasn't great 2 years ago.
But all the small touches and additions, and the inside of the house it just
so cooool.
Thanks so much for having this party, I know that a lot goes into it, to make it happen and we all appreciate it so much.
You 2 are so awesome. and great hosts.

JonPaul and Marie, and Ran and Dale said they wished they could have been there.

thanks for letting me crash on the couch in the tiki bar again. It's the best place in the world to sleep after a great party like that.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

F

What a great evening. Thank you so much to Bongofury and Mikee for letting us invade your space. Your home is a dreamland.

Here are the pics that were the least blurry:

The Tiki Tonys

I happened upon these people as they all crowded into the bathroom together...

Ookoo and Grog

Vintage Girl!

A picture of Ookoo taking a picture of Vintage Girl and Atomic Cocktail

OL

Here is that picture!

always classy.
:)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-09-01 20:31 ]

Ron, boy am I sorry I had to miss this! It's a lot different where I am currently... :D

TB

Ron and Mickee, thanks for everything, Utopiandreem & I always love seeing you both & the Rincon Room!

TBird.

M

Great party. Strong drinks. Cool music. AMAZING house. Glad I was fortunate enough to be invited.

B

Just back in town and a quick Mahalo to all! Will post more tomorrow after I get some sleep. Aloha

SF

Wow, what a great time we had. It was great seeing everyone.

Ron and Mickee, thanks for hosting such a great shindig. Cheers to you two.

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies