Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Endless Summer @ The Rincon Room August 30 3:00pm-?

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

Thanks Ron and Mickee for such a fab time and for sharing your adventureland paradise. It was awesome rocking the Rincon Room again. TCers just have way too much fun and we hope to see everyone again soon!

B

It was a nice day for a party...

No waiting......

Tikiwagon stopped by again early before heading back to the UK...
Al-ii, Sparklegem & Mark

My biggest Mahalo goes to my lovely wife for all her hard work. As I have said before, the party is only as good as the guests that show up. You all made it a success. Thanks to everyone that provided food, drinks, and great gifts. Thanks to the guest bartenders for the groovy cocktails and hard work. Thanks to the Glasgow Tiki Shakers for the cool tunes and a very extended set (10:30!). Thanks to Rob Roy for printing the event posters and to Tiki Tony (& Alene) for donating money from sale of their pendants to help offset our expenses. I wish all our friends could have been here to enjoy the friendship & festivities. While we said this would be the last party.....who knows.....

Aloha....

BB

Here are a few more pictures ~

God damn I was sun burnt huh?

and no it wasnt the rum showing thru.
though I did have a good amount,
I never got hammered.
More than I can say about the 2 I had to cut off at midnite.
:wink:
spilling drinks and slurring.
Hers is one of them here.

the other I won't incriminate.
good times.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-09-03 21:10 ]

T

Just to say unfortunately we could not make it for the real party, but we got to visit Ron and Mickee's house on the Friday, pre-party, and WOW what a house. Everything about it is fantastic, even down to the shrunken head tap in the outside rest room! They both made us feel so welcome, it was like we have known them for years and years. We did pop back in on our way to the airport on the Saturday, but only managed to meet a few people, but were very upset we had to leave, didn't even have a Mai Tai!!
Thanks to them both for their kindness and hope to catch up with them soon.

Thanks guys!

Sue and Dave.
xxx

You are the Man Bongofury!

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-09-05 23:15 ]

Sorry for delay in posting ,my computer got hit with the mondo virus and I has been out
of commission for the last four days!What can I say that hasn't already been said .
A very memorable and fun evening for all that were fortunate to make to this event.
My hats off to Ron and Mickee for the aloha spirit they transcend to all of their
guests and friends they come in contact with.A big mahalo to the band and all the
guest bartenders that put me in pluto with their intoxicating concoctions - you know
who you are.Nothing like surfing the next morning with a hangover from hell and
a hand full of advils and worth every minute of it!!

Whale rider making me one of her famous daytona drinks

The Glasgow Tiki Shakers providing the tunes

The hosts with the most

Dave making one of his tasty but deadly French Zombies

Cheers

Grog, Spermy and friends

Big Tiki dude feeling the effects.....simply grog my as****^**

Feeling no pain.....rum dumb !!

Thanks again everyone .... here are more pix taken by one of my friends from work.....enjoy.....

O

Finally able to upload again. Here are the evening pictures and I'll post the day pics later.
Ron & Mickee! Thanks again for hosting a great party.

I've been so crazy buzy since the big shin-dig...that I apologize for not saying MAHALO sooner.
Beautiful, beautiful place and wonderful hosts, guest bartenders, etc., etc......

Again, a big thanks for the pix. Will we have another party?.......maybe.....The reason we were reluctant to have this one was the fact that I noticed that Mrs. Fury spends most of the parties in the kitchen. She had lots of help and still spent most of her (& their) time in the kitchen. The guest bartenders were a huge help to freeing up my time, and more fun than Bongwater Cocktails all night... Maybe if we decide to do it again we will not cook anything......just a pot-luck with guest grillers, appetizers, and ? I was bummed not to try CheekyGirl's drink or the cupcakes she brought......grrrrrr.....seemed like the party lasted only a couple of hours. The cost is also a consideration as we gave up Oasis to have the party. Worth it to us for the great memories. Glasgow Tiki Shakers played a killer rendition of the Theme To The Endless Summer. Perfection......

Thanks again for having such a radical Party Ron,
that bummed me out to read that you gave up Oasis to have the party.

I'm sure that everyone would be more than willing to help out, if there is a next time, just like everyone offered to, for Grog's Luau in ???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

O

Bongo Fury,

Are there any of these Rincon Room prints left and how much are they?

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-09-12 01:32 ]

We still have some posters.....cost = Free

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Sep 13, 2008 7:06 AM

*"The cost is also a consideration as we gave up Oasis to have the party." *

BF, I just got Trader Vic's "Kitchen Kibitzer" and it's basically about how to entertain without spending all your time in the kitchen. It's a must-read, and funny as heck.

Also, please don't miss Oasis again. It's like an adult Tiki Disneyland of wonderous and strange delights.

Great pics...looks like an awesome time was had by all...your place looks better with every party. My vote for best backyard!!!

O

On 2008-09-13 06:18, bongofury wrote:
We still have some posters.....cost = Free

OK, I'll take one for free if I can make a belated donation to help with the party!

V

I'm so jealous of the fantastic environment you made in your home. And I'm jealous I don't get to parties like that.

Wow, amazing place and what a fabulous party. I'm doing some remodelling and saw your Rincon Room in a book I have! [Atomic Ranch]

Your home is beautiful.

Matt the Cat & I are in No. Cal. Not sure if we met you at Oasis, we went last year, won't make it this year. Boo hoo...

Anyway, just wanted to aknowledge your amazing home, it was fun seeing it in a book and I had to see more :)

Mookie

CA

is BTD going for mosquito feast II under the stars at this thing??

CA

checking out Murph's for the first time tonight... so glad you all have all this Crazy energy to create place for folks like me to come and be amazed.

On 2010-07-31 12:43, crazy al wrote:
is BTD going for mosquito feast II under the stars at this thing??

you mean III don't you Al?

if the Fury's will have me, I love to couch surf in the Rincon Room, outside bar.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

B

TikiMookie....the pix in Atomic Ranch and Tiki Magazine #2 are from our last house. It was in a converted 9X11 utility room. This one is now in the back yard. I do believe we met at Oasis as we were vending as "Mysteries Of The South Seas".....this year too with some different crap.

BTD....check this years post if I can find it...

On 2008-07-22 22:08, tikitony wrote:
Uh oh! Its now official!!!!

[ Edited by: tikitony 2008-08-10 13:24 ]

OK, NOW I know why I thought it said Bong of Fury. It was this poster.

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies