Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CRAWL... drunken posts go here

Pages: 1 2 75 replies

T

What's amazing is that the pics look almost identical to last years (some on tikifish.com under Tiki Crawl) and the year before!

Also, Mig, I thought you said someone swiped those glasses? Or something happened with the glasses. Are they the same pair, or do you buy them by the boxful?

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:25 ]

I did! I have some great ones of Trader Vic's, although I didn't take my camera on the Crawl. I promise I'll get myself over to Shutterfly later...really...

It was a most excellent beehive, with dress and makeup to match!

I did! I have some great ones of Trader Vic's, although I didn't take my camera on the Crawl. I promise I'll get myself over to Shutterfly later...really...

It was a most excellent beehive, with dress and makeup to match!

T

On 2003-03-13 01:08, tikivixen wrote:
...and may I also second BBTD's sentiment that Tiki Mama and Sweetpea are delightful and it'd be great to see them more often?

I live here! You can see me as often as you like! :) I (and my cabana boy) will be at Tiki Oasis, though.

At the risk of sounding elitist, we Bay Area types should make the effort to get together on a more casual basis. Like, every weekend. But without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe.

Like, every weekend. But without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe.

Or maybe, with SO MUCH DRINKING.. and.. uh.. heh. Hey, look over there! A shiny thing!

I do agree though, I met some darn cool people this past weekend. I was the drunken bleached blonde boy with the tusk earrings, if ya didn't know.

Martin, ya mix a mean Planet of the Apes!

-B

M

mmmmmm....monkeydrink.

"Oops! I was wrong! It was Earth, all along.
You finally made a monkey out of me!"

Mama is right: More Bay Area get togethers. More! Better! Now!

-martin

M

tikimama sez-"At the risk of sounding elitist, we Bay Area types should make the
effort to get together on a more casual basis. Like, every weekend. But
without quite so much drinking, maybe. Maybe"

= = =
I don't think that is elitist-it is just neighborly, and a good idea----bruce

Well, I guess I'm from the Way Outer Bay Area. I'm game. Just let me know when.

Also all you ladies and especially Floratina, since the Mrs. talked to you a lot about a party here at our new house that we won't be moving into for about 9 months, I can't wait that long, besides I want to share my backyard at this house before we move with all of you (guys too), so how can WE talk her into having a party or two this summer? I need your help. She thinks our place is too small. We had a party here 2 summers ago with 40 people and it turned out well. Think of something. Maybe you girls could post a thread here and say that you think my backyard is the greatest and you'd like to see it. Then I could innocently say "Hey honey, look what the folks on TC are saying about our backyard" (You can see an image of part of it on my website). Early August would be good. Help me. I feel like I'm stuck in the mud.

M

Tikimama and I are starting to plan a summer Party, June-ish.
We can start an official-ish "SF area Tiki Home Party Tour," like the unofficial one that Martin coined last year, that would be nifty.

We should start to stock a Tiki-Year-In-Review 2003 with much SF area pics, no?

-=C

How about doing the Home Bar Crawl for International Tiki Day!!!? We could start somewhere with an official tiki torch lighting and then head out on the tikit trail! Maybe with little prizes at each stop-nothing fancy, just cheap little tiki-ish treasures, so each person picks up a tiki napkin, fake hibiscus, etc. at each home bar, and tries to complete the whole home bar tour! Just a crazy idea-I'm stalling-I don't want to go to work!

Tikivixen-Epipen is preserved with.....sulfites! I had an RX for one, but the doctor said that only if it is really really life or death should I try it, because I'd be injecting more allergens. The epi may or may not override the allergy.

Worked on the home tiki bar all weekend and missed the dang vintage fashion expo-the plan was to hit the Tonga after that and see what the heck I missed!

:drink:

Tacky Tiki

Thanks for the complements on my Tiki attire for the crawl!

M
M

The only problem with a home bar crawl in the Bay Area is the distance between home bars makes it a little tricky. I think it's better to keep it one home bar at a time, relax and enjoy yourself. That way, there's just more parties.

But you're right about doing something for Int'l Tiki Day in SF. We'll have to decide as we get closer if we want to have it at a home bar, real bar, or a mini-crawl combo of the two. Or we need to have people spread out across the bay area at every venue with satellite hook-ups to report the action- LIVE!

"This is Tacky-Tiki, reporting to you live from the Tonga Room where International Tiki Day Madness is spreading like wildfire. Live team coverage continues now- back to you in the Studio, aquarj."

"Thanks, Tacky. We now go back to the field where our reporter cynfulcynner is at Trader Vic's. What's happening down there?"

"RJ, there a palpable sense of excitem-"

"cynfulcynner, I'm sorry to cut you off, but we have had an urgent update from TikiMama who's covering events at the Bamboo Hut. Mama, what's happening down there?"

"RJ, we have unconfirmed reports that some Hoiti Toiti's have arrived and are freaking all of the women in the bar. Wait...no...I'm getting a clarification...there is only one of them...yes...I can confirm that Hula Hula is rubbing against my leg as we speak. I repeat, Hula Hula is...Ooh!"

"OK...we've lost our reporter at the Babmoo Hut. Let's go out to..."

-martin

I HIGHLY suggest we get ace radio experts, DCrisis and his wahine to cover this... :wink:

"Those who think conventionally will never read my thoughts..." - The Black Lizard

http://www.integraonline.com/~missyvonne/index.html

[ Edited by: Frenchy Polynesia on 2003-03-18 12:49 ]

What ever happened to Floratina? I guess she didn't enjoy the crawl, as we haven't heard a word about it from her....

:tiki:

M

Oh! I didn't mean to suggest we try to hit multiples at once, more like a series of summer events.

TIKITHON2003 -- Where every weekend's a party!

HERE IS mrsmiley'S review of the crawl:I HAD FUN

Looks like I might be moving soon, so I will most likely have one more bash at my place before May.
Stay tuned...
Mig- I STILL have your maury cd. I brought it to the crawl & forgot to give it to you AGAIN!
P.S.
Since nobody else asked, I will:
Where the fuck were the Canadians?!

BBTD, where are you moving? Are you becoming a So Cal Hoity Toity?

PolyPop-
I wish I could say I was moving down that way.
I like you hoity toity types & would love to hang out more often!
It looks like I actually might be moving back home with my parents in Santa Rosa for 6 months or so. I am saving money for a house & they offered.
Totally weird & I'm not even sure I'm going to do it yet, but my dream has always been to own a cool house where I can lay down some roots.
Plus my parents are only home half the year anyway.
I'll let ya know as the events unfold...

BBTD, congrats on the bid decision and good luck. I did the same thing when I bought my house - moved back home with the folks for about 6 months to save $$$ for the down payment. Boy was that tough - living under their "rules" again. Had to see the light at the end of the tunnel and make the sacrifice. In the end it was all worth it!

On 2003-03-19 19:45, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
It looks like I actually might be moving back home with my parents in Santa Rosa for 6 months or so.

Since that is a mere stones' throw from Petaluma (in the same county, even!) I expect to see you at all of our parties from now on. :)

Polypop- thanks for the encouragement. it is weird to move back home at my age, but I just have to focus on the end result.
Plus, my parents are much cooler than most so it shouldnt be too horrible.
TikiMamma- I would be honored to make the scene with you crazy kids.
Count me in!
Cheers,
T-Daddy

T

On 2003-03-19 13:58, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:

Where the fuck were the Canadians?!

The mere arrival of sexy, rum drinkin, lei-wearing, sailor-swearin' Canadians at such events is such a powerful and life altering experience for the American public, that much like El Nino, or a J-Lo wedding, it can only occur once every few years.

Sorry!

Crystal Chandelier and I would have loved to come - We're aiming for the Hukilau but as I said in another post my Cannes trip may put the kaibosh (sp?) on that too.

We also have Mig phoning us at 5am every friday night begging us to come to Vegas. It's all very flattering. Perhaps you need to apply some similar tactics.

Look deep into the magic booty goggles....you are getting very sleepy.....

[ Edited by: BIGBADTIKIDADDY on 2003-03-23 20:25 ]

Hey.... was good to finally meet some of you. Me and the wife had a great time, was glad to finally be able to experience it rather than just looking at the photos. I am sorry Handford couldnt make it, was looking forward to meeting him too. Hopefully I'll see some of ya again at the oasis in may.
later
-stuckie

M

jungletrader sez"Hey Mig.
TikiCutie walked into the Tonga Room for a short visit. You didn't see
her? She was dressed all in blue. Looked cool to me"
I also liked Tikicutie's outfit. On the Monday after the crawl, Tikicutie came over to check out the UGH house. She was wearing another 60's outfit and picked up a great nehru collared aloha blouse from me.
She is one great gal and ENid and I had a fun time hanging out with her. Too bad we weren't able to see her in Florida last weekend.
(ps- you Londoners--Tikicutie is heading your way in about a month)

You can see a pic of TikiCutie on my slideshow earlier in this thread. The last image, Tonga7.JPG Didn't notice it was her till now. Just viewing some of the pics and looking forward to seeing more from the O.C. Crawl.

Pages: 1 2 75 replies