Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Should I change my Tiki Central name?

Pages: 1 41 replies

For those of you that don't know me, (the lucky ones) my tiki central name is derived from my interest in tiki and my 1965 Buick Riviera. Recently I was able to acquire the car of my dreams, a 1961 Thunderbird convertible. My quandry is should I change my name to tiki-Tbird, tiki-Thunderbird or as some other TC members suggested tiki-jackass? Maybe I should just leave it as is to avoid confusion? Pictured below is the new car with the Riviera in the background. Oh, the Riviera is for sale if anyone is interested.

Yeah, why don't I just take that pesky T-Bird off your hands... Problem solved!
All kidding aside, I'd stick with tiki-riviera, it's got a nice ring to it and some history. Beautiful ride though, congrats!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Absolutely WOW!!! I've always loved T-birds. That car is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it, especially the color. Is that the original paint?
Congrats!!!!

On 2008-08-12 11:58, seafoamer wrote:
Absolutely WOW!!! I've always loved T-birds. That car is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it, especially the color. Is that the original paint?
Congrats!!!!

I don't believe it is the original color. I'm still researching, but it may of been a color for a
1964 Thunderbird. The color is called Frost Turquoise. I'm trying to keep it original, but I would love
to be able to listen to old exotica music while cruising around.

Yowza! Keep the Buick as a daily driver, this T-bird is a knock out that might inspire the wrong element in Long Beach. Congrats. Wait....T-Bird...Tiki Bird....Tiki T-Bird ?....but then you're not really a bird, I assume.

I could also be fitting to change your name to Tiki-Fun-Fun-Fun.

..you want my T.C. name ?? heh heh ....wouldn't THAT be some kinda fun??!!

D

oh i'd say go with Felony-Tiki.

On 2008-08-12 12:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Yowza! Keep the Buick as a daily driver, this T-bird is a knock out that might inspire the wrong element in Long Beach. Congrats. Wait....T-Bird...Tiki Bird....Tiki T-Bird ?....but then you're not really a bird, I assume.

Hey what are ya saying bout the people in Long Beach? We are all righteous law abiding citizens!

Oh and if you look at the picture of the t-bird, thats right we park our cars on the lawn in the LBC. Thats how we roll - (Insert Jeff Foxworthy joke here)

The t-bird is beautiful, i have always been a fan of that car in that color!

[ Edited by: mongoloid 2008-08-12 14:34 ]

On 2008-08-12 13:14, dogbytes wrote:
oh i'd say go with Felony-Tiki.

Strange suggestion... Are you missing anything from your house after the BBQ Sunday? Don't worry,
it will probably show up soon....with it's head missing!

"The color is called Frost Turquoise." -tiki-riviera-

I heard this so many times this past weekend I wanted to kick him in the shins!

"Oh my gawd, Tiki-riviera!" people exclaimed, "Your nails are gorgeous!!!

"Thank you!" Tiki-riviera would reply with a stylish spread of his fingers, "The color is called Frost Turquoise!"

"Frost Turquoise! Frost Turquoise! Frost Turquoise! Yack yack yack my manicurist...Frost Turquoise!!!"

As far as a name change...Like I told you a couple weeks ago (when we found out the T-Bird's trunk would hold two and a half bodies) you could change your name to Tiki-Thunderbird but that sounds like some dive bar's attempt at a tropical drink.*****

I've mentioned the Thunderbird to a few people and almost always the replies have been ones of pure jealousy. With that in mind a name you may want to consider is Tiki-I-Hate-That-Guy

**** Tki-Thunderbird**

4 oz Thunderbird wine
2 oz grenadine
7-Up

Pour the Thunderbird into a cocktail shaker full of ice. Add the grenadine. Shake for no less than one minute. Pour shaker contents into a pint glass (or a pint jar depending on your location), fill to the top with 7-Up. Garnish with two maraschino cherries and one green olive. Serve it to someone else.*

I had a '68 Mustang for awhile (not near as sweet as that T-Bird), so I know that Ford cars of that era have a code letter in the serial number for the original paint color. The '61 TBird came in 26 available colors! Try to get that on your Camry.

Woofmutt, I had a couple of spare cases of Thunderbird laying around so I tried your drink and it's not too bad. :D

Edit; Link added http://automotivemileposts.com/paint1961tbird.html

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to the point of wretched excess.

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-08-12 23:59 ]

How aboot Klepto-Tiki?

WOW! So many great suggestions for my new name: Tiki-I-hate-that-guy, Klepto-Tiki, Felony-Tiki,
it's going to be very difficult to choose. Woofmutt, in honor of you I'm declaring your new drink
"Tiki-Thunderbird" the official drink for consuming while in the Thunderbird. Don't worry, I will
give you full credit as the creator, which will undoubtedly place you in the rare air of drink
masters like Trader Vic and Don the Beachcomber. Do I have to pay royalties? Also, can you
recommend the best place to procure Thunderbird?

"Also, can you recommend the best place to procure Thunderbird?"

Ask Mr & Mrs Dogbytes. Not only is Thunderbird is a lil more their kinda neighborhood but the two of them seem to...

Well, there's enough gossip, rumor, and innuendo in this place. I won't say anything, but next time yer breakin' in their place take a look at the bottom shelves of the bar in the Rongorongo Room.

PS: Glad yuh like the drink! I'm gonna work on a decent Blue Hawaiian recipe fer yuh next.

H

Nice car, how about Bluebird-tiki?

Aren't you in Seattle? Maybe you should update your location first! ;-)

On 2008-08-13 14:22, paranoid123 wrote:
Aren't you in Seattle? Maybe you should update your location first! :wink:

I figure it I don't update, it will be harder for my ex-wives and 11 kids to find me.
Why spend money on alimony when you can buy a classic car instead!?!

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2008-08-13 18:11 ]

TT

How much for the rivi? the 65 is the best looking Buik since 1950...

Niiiiiiice Bird. My first car was a 62 Thunderbird (Sandshell Beige). Have fun with your Bird. I like your current name.

Oh My God. That is an amazing car. I am drooling on the keyboard RIGHT NOW.

M

Love the car. Every now and then I think I need a car like that, something with character and style! But then I get hit by another Minnesota winter and I think I need a car with traction control and ABS. I guess in my heart I'm just too safe and practical, probably why I drive an Accord.

As far as changing your name, wouldn't that cost you your Tiki Socialite status, or is there a way to change your name and keep your street cred?

J

I don't know you well enough to make an in-joke, but amazing car, and great name! Even if you sell the riviera, keep the name, as Tiki-Royale said, it's got a nice ring to it!

Jimzip :D

I've decided to keep my name as tiki-riviera. I think I like it because the name riviera
has many different connotations, more mysterious than Thunderbird.

As for the car, it is such a blast to drive around and people are always giving me the thumbs up
(sometimes the finger). Interesting to note that the car gets the most attention from older ladies,
not the college girls I was hoping for. Maybe it reminds them of dating in high school. My master plan is to move to Hawaii and make a living by renting out the car for sunset drives along the coast....

For those interested, here are a few more pics.

Nice ride! Sorry about the lack of enthusiasm fron the hot chicks but it's be expected - I'm pretty close to the same model year as your TBird and I don't get the thumbs up from the college girls anymore. But then again, I'm not in showroom condition anymore either :D

D

at the All Ford Car Show in Issaquah this weekend

Jeez, if it weren't fer that lil bit of his frat tattoo showin' I wouldn't recognize him cuz he's standin' next to a car which his TC handle has absolutely nothin' to do with. This is all so confusin'!

Dogbytes now has the same quandary as me. She just became the proud parent to a very cool 1955 black T-Bird convertible. Guess Dogbytes and I will have to settle who gets the tiki-tbird name in a gentlemanly fashion. Next Sunday at 2:00 pm behind the old
saw mill we will duel with single shot muzzle loading pistols. May the best shot win!

Yikes! Not old man Tucker's saw mill!!! That place is H-H-H-HAUNTED!!!

On 2008-09-15 22:37, woofmutt wrote:
Jeez, if it weren't fer that lil bit of his frat tattoo showin' I wouldn't recognize him cuz he's standin' next to a car which his TC handle has absolutely nothin' to do with. This is all so confusin'!

It's interesting how the lives of Woofmut and myself have taken divergent paths since our days as brothers in Sigma Delta Lambda Fraternity at Southeastern North Dakota University. Woofmut found fame as a mime poet, and I'm squandering my days plotting
revenge against W-Dog (Woofmuts frat name) for stealing the affection of my sorority sweetheart Gracie Plugschnogel. Gracie was wooed by W-Dog's mad poetry skills, but beware W-Dog, revenge will be thine, and it shall taste sweeter than the best Blue Hawaiian this world has ever seen!!

Did you have your T-bird at the Belmont Shore car show 2 weeks ago?

Following this past weekend's festivities, you may want to re-visit the idea of changing your TC handle. Hows about something more Native American like "Won't Park Gorgeous T-Bird Under Trees Anymore-Tiki"? It's a mouthful, but kinda catchy...

On 2008-09-15 22:39, tiki-riviera wrote:

Dogbytes now has the same quandary as me. She just became the proud parent to a very cool 1955 black T-Bird convertible. Guess Dogbytes and I will have to settle who gets the tiki-tbird name in a gentlemanly fashion. Next Sunday at 2:00 pm behind the old
saw mill we will duel with single shot muzzle loading pistols. May the best shot win!

Be sure to post pictures!! (btw, do you need someone to watch the cars during your duel to the death?)

*On 2008-08-12 11:37, tiki-riviera wrote:*Should I change my Tiki Central name?

Yes. You should change it as often as you change your moods, and almost as often as you change your underwear. [/sarcasm]

Sorry, late to the conversation....

Your name is good, don't change it.

Your car ROCKS! I WANT!

The proliferation of classic cars is one of the things I miss from the West Coast. Here in Florida the best ones are gone, and the ones that are left are in such sad shape as to not be worth it.

We do have some great car shows, with some really great cars. But we just don't have that many driving around casually.

On 2008-09-16 07:46, Mongoloid wrote:
Did you have your T-bird at the Belmont Shore car show 2 weeks ago?

I no longer live in Long beach unfortunately. These days I live in an undisclosed location
with almost no tiki scene, no tiki central people worth a damn, no sun, no tiki bars, no topless women,
and no good rum (any guess where I live??). I went to the Belmont car show on 2nd st. every year when I lived there, always tons of amazing cars. Please somebody deliver me out of this hell hole back to the LBC!

On 2008-09-16 08:03, Tiki Joe's Pop wrote:
Following this past weekend's festivities, you may want to re-visit the idea of changing your TC handle. Hows about something more Native American like "Won't Park Gorgeous T-Bird Under Trees Anymore-Tiki"? It's a mouthful, but kinda catchy...

Good suggestion. here's another: Won't let my daughter in the backseat of my car with your son anymore-tiki!!

On 2008-09-16 15:02, tiki-riviera wrote:

On 2008-09-16 08:03, Tiki Joe's Pop wrote:

Good suggestion. here's another: Won't let my daughter in the backseat of my car with your son anymore-tiki!!

TOUCHE, W.l.m.d.i.t.b.o.m.c.w.y.s.a.-Tiki!!!

Change it to "Insert Name Here tiki".

W

Today at an event that you most likely didn't attend the subject of Tiki-riviera's "sweet ride" came up. I said it was rude to talk that way about someone's wife and we should instead discuss Tiki-riviera's almost Tiki-Jeep-awesome Thunderbird.

After I made my suggestion there was some immediate confusion that any car could be almost Tiki-Jeep-awesome and some slightly less immediate confusion because the people I was with (again, probably not you) hadn't heard about Tiki-riviera's Thunderbird. So I bumped this thread.

-The End-

On 2010-09-12 21:00, woofmutt wrote:
Today at an event that you most likely didn't attend the subject of Tiki-riviera's "sweet ride" came up. I said it was rude to talk that way about someone's wife and we should instead discuss Tiki-riviera's almost Tiki-Jeep-awesome Thunderbird.

After I made my suggestion there was some immediate confusion that any car could be almost Tiki-Jeep-awesome and some slightly less immediate confusion because the people I was with (again, probably not you) hadn't heard about Tiki-riviera's Thunderbird. So I bumped this thread.

-The End-

My wife would be flattered, if she was still alive. Often people around me are confused, for many reasons I have yet to figure out.

I must thank you again for the Precious Moments figurine you bestowed upon me at said event. Due to it being one of a kind, I was able to sell it for $1,900.00 to Gertrude O'Higgins of Cat Fancy fame. I didn't want to sell it, but my new girlfriend wanted surgical enhancements, and them don't come cheap.

I am laughing now! for the record "LOL" for those TCers who don't use plain engrish anymore....

Pages: 1 41 replies