Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Bosko new ceramics pre-Tiki Oasis 2010

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

Hello everyone we are introducing two new mugs at Oasis, hope you like them.

We also have new color variations on the Little Melanesian and The Moai Bowl

We'll also bring along a number of unique carvings just for the Oasis event.

Stop by and say hello!

My very best alohas
Bosko

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2008-12-13 14:52 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2008-12-16 18:45 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2009-02-06 09:59 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2009-02-13 09:00 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2009-03-06 16:31 ]

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2010-08-02 14:40 ]

T

Love the Suffering Bastard caricature! Hopefully you'll have a few goodies left to sell us poor souls that can't make it there :(

shitting my pants, was just asking people at Tiki Ti tonight if Bosko was gonna have new pieces at Oasis. Damn my finances, these are fucking beautiful! Nice work Bosko! I hope you sell every last one.

T

Very exciting, poor wallet. :) I think I would get the first two. Don't have enough Bosko for sure and it always goes up in value.

LT

Great new pieces! I really like the new variation of the bowl!

V

I'd also love to get the Bastard. Are you going to sell some on your website after Oasis ?
Very very nice

These are too cool! I've really become a fan of Bosko's work, very primative and exotic in nature! Beautiful Tiki's Bosko! When can we expect to see these for sale on your site?

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay pre and post Oasis is a killer around here. Also sorry I didn’t get into a description of the suffering mug, the Tiki is actually my Kapu Tiki room logo Tiki. I had wanted to do a new version of my original mug but I didn’t just want to rehash the same design so...
TikiTres, Virani, Tikinomad, thanks and they are up on the website right now, available for pre-order, we’ll charge you when the mugs are ready to ship. I was busy with the art show and waited until the last minute to get the molds done and we only had a few at Oasis.
That is correct teaKEY they always go UP in value.
Thanks so much OceaOtica
LOL Tiki we’re only doing 17 of the new bowl color and after that I think this design is getting retired.

My very best Alohas,

Bosko

V

thanks. Just ordered.

My order is in as well. Love those new mugs! I'd score that Moai bowl as well if I didn't already have one in the old color scheme :)

LT

Two Moai Bowls are better than one!

On 2008-08-22 12:27, LOL Tiki wrote:
Two Moai Bowls are better than one!

Let's see, there's 18 Moai heads per bowl, if I had 2 bowls then that would be a total of.... (18, 6 carry the 1)..... hang on I've got to take off my shoes :D

LT

The Moai the Merrier!! (I know, I know...)

Sorry I am not on top of this I wanted to post this last week but I wanted introduce our first holiday themed mug “Santa Moai”.

We did a few sets of Christmas ornaments many years ago and the idea has been in the back of my head ever since. Originally we thought this would be a simple sculpt to produce but a few things have greatly added to the time involved in each piece. First, I made this mold, those of you that remember my older designs know this is why they end up being so rare, I am not a mold maker and inevitably they don’t last too long. This particular piece has 6 different glaze applications, I am hand painting / glazing each one it is quite time consuming, also I imagine a certain percentage will have problems during firing.

We will fill any orders we get on these until the 25th of Dec. and if they don’t sell out we’ll bring back what’s left next year, if they all go before then, that’s it. Our plan was to produce an edition of 50 of these mugs and we began numbering them with that in mind but the mold is going a lot quicker than I had thought so it’s only going to be and edition of about 30 in any case you end up with a rare piece.

They are priced at $100 each, they will be numbered, stamped and signed,

Hopefully I’ll be posting new designs here or in “creating Tiki” a little more frequently,

My very best alohas

Bosko

Hooray Bosko!

The world has been a sadder place since Drunken Ceramic Moai's stopped trickeling out of the Kapu!

Mahalo nui loa! -Hodaddy

Great work Bosko.....I wish I had some extra cash to spend on this guy but times are tough, oh well happy holiday!

Hey Hank thanks but FYI we usually have a few drunken Moai's stumbling around here!

Tikinomad thanks, also we'll be posting another new mug here Tuesday. Yesterday we sent out an announcement to regulars on our mailing list, if anyone here is interested in getting on PM me your email address and we'll add you.
My official studio is back in business (here) so we are planning to create many more ceramics this next year.

Bosko

I realize with the current economy our timing is probably not the best (keep in mind in 1993 I thought becoming a Tiki carver was a good idea) but we put the wheels in motion for this a while back and everything has finally fallen into place this past month.

The next mug we have coming up is my “Modern Bob” (barring any problems) we’ll have 50 of this color edition at $60.00 each, after that we’ll try to determine what more we can get out of it and if possible do another color variation.
You can follow the link for more info, http://www.tikibosko.com/tikicups.htm

When I first started creating Tiki mugs (in the early 90’s) people couldn’t believe I was asking the princely sum of 15 dollars each, this was very frustrating for an artist slowly creating each piece by hand. This is still the case with everything I create I take a great deal of pride in my work and obviously we hope this is why you choose to buy our work. I am trying to cut back on the carving in the near future and start doing more ceramics, if this works out we are going to try and put out a new piece every month or so.

My very best Alohas.

Bosko

Put me on the list! Bosko was the first mug maker to start playing around with the Tiki Bob concept, and I have regretted not haven gotten any of the previous versions, which were all equally cool, so I need to get this one.

Got it! My X-mas present to myself. :)

...i also folded for a "Tiki Mod" Bob, too cool to pass up!

Haha very fun Bosko, count me in for one in the next batch :)

T

Aloha everyone, we have a new mug out this month, it's a New Guinea style with a great glaze, umber brown with a emerald green crystal like color coming thru, we're only doing 30 of this edition and at $55.00 you better get them while we have them, they are going quick.

We also have a few more of the "Modern Bob" for anyone that's interested, just go to our website http://www.tikibosko.com

Also my wife Truus (Trader Dutch) just put her new CD out, it comes with a very cool Mark Ryden cover and fold out poster I did the photography for the back and fold out. Again go to our website and take a look, I'll post more details here or another thread about the CD later.

Thanks,

Bosko

MR

I was lucky enough to see one of the New Guinea ones up close and personal. They are amazing. The glaze is one of the coolest I've ever seen. Classic piece.

Bosko, I have to tell you that the modern Bob was the first Tiki mug to elicit an approving reaction from my 16 year old son. The other day he walked by it and noticed it and said "Hey, that's cool" ...actually getting the fact that it was a play on another, older mug! Aaaaw, he's growing up!

Nice B and Truus!

T

Thanks Matt and Danny, Sven you should get a father of the year award for having produced such a fine upstanding young man!

Bosko

We just pulled out the next batch of New Guinea mugs out of the kiln, for anybody that preordered a mug they’ll leave today for anyone who hasn’t there are only a few left after this.

Thanks

Bosko

Mozel Tov!

Was wondering when the new music would be avail.... great packaging too! Salton sea! Mark Ryden! Giant moai!

Mark's such a freak! I've never met him but know it's one thing to learn how to paint and quite another to cultivate such a divine imaginative derangement into something other than the cliche bell-tower-sniper thing. Truely one of my favorite creepy artists. This more than explains the evil laughter when I volunteered myself for any cover artwork needs during my last visit to the Rancho... I think.

I was fortunate to see Bosko's new mug design up close and it's a dynamo. I believe there are a few more on the way too. Keep those kilns hot amigo! -HH

T

Hello everyone, yet another month and another mug (#57) is my take on a Hawaiian “Aumakua” image. For whatever reason the more popular of Hawaii’s carvings are the more toothy headdress styles but I have always loved their seemingly simple carved pieces where their carving is broken down to a few bold planes. With that in mind I had been intrigued by the beautiful abstract quality of the original and finally made my own version. It has the mid century modern juxtaposed with the primitive quality that I try to infuse into all my ceramic sculptures.

Like the last, this edition color edition will be a run of thirty

Thanks for looking

Bosko

T

Hello everyone, long time no post, here's a bunch of new mug designs we are hoping to have out by Oasis, my "plan" back last year was to do one a month but due to various technical challenges these 4 are all coming out in the next few weeks.

The first one is a front and side shot of a new Bug eye mug, I haven't done one of these in about 15 years(?) The side shot shows the bark texture which is in a matte brown color unlike the flesh of the sculpt.

Next a crazy glazed Moai, it looks very psychedelic.

A new Ku version, the glaze is kind of a slightly matte gun metal, it looks really amazing in person.

A new Cook version my second (I think) again the glaze was hard to shoot but it's a avocado green on a blue, it looks very 60's shag rug-ish.

Thanks, if you are at Oasis please stop and say hello, if you are into our ceramics you can get on a mailing list where we notify you with what I'm up to mug wise and if you are on facebook I am also on there now.

My very best alohas

Bosko

wow! awesome! i'm at a loss for more words than that.

We have to have that bug eye mug, we love it, Wendy and Dan

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2010 5:02 PM

I love the Bug eye as well. Awesome nice new mugs, Bosko!

that gunmetal Ku is incredible!
and the way you stylized that Cook Islands fellow just nails it!
The crowd is pleased,Bosko!

Hey Bosko, Cool batch on new stuff! Looking forward to getting one of them buggy-eyed guys one day.

I just keeled over! Amazing! :o

Saweet heyzoos Bosko, loving them!

Spectacular mug creations Bosko!

Every one a hit!

LT

These are all great designs - I look forward to seeing them first hand!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2010 10:18 AM

Yay BOSKO!!

I

Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! ...And Wow!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2010 6:09 PM

OLdSchOOL Kool

Ugh yeeaaa....I'll take one of each please

Likka the bug eye alot ! What color glazes will this be available in Bos ?

T

Thanks so much to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoyed sculpting this batch, cleaning, glazing and firing not so much. Normally I don’t post images until we are well into the firing process of an edition but in this case we ordered the glazes as soon as we saw the test batch (after several other attempts) and I posted the photos soon after that. The next day we were informed that two of the glazes have been discontinued, thus we were in panic mode until we found another source for the material. We should have the bugeyes on the website sometime next week. I’ll be carving all this next week and we’re going to be firing the rest of the mugs we have ready up until Oasis if any of you guys are there please stop by and say hello.

Bosko

I guess it's been a while since my last post?
This year I set a goal to make one new piece of ceramic art a month, unfortunately I had been keeping up with my goal and feeling so good that I promptly got backed up in the mug department, we just released the pictured mugs below on http://www.tikibosko.com, I have three other designs that I have been working simultaneously that still need the glazes resolved. We also have two event mugs coming up in the near future, Otto offered and I took on the task of creating this years Tiki Oasis 12 mug, I just pulled the first casts out of the mold this morning. We are also working on a small run for a old friends 60th birthday party so, I have my work cut out for me.

This piece is based on a PNG design, but you can obviously see my modern interpretation of their always brilliant art, it takes the primitive and makes it look space age cartoony, just like the great mid century Polynesian Pop masters.

The Ku I loosely based it on the Florian Gabrial ‘s Kon Tiki Ku design but more stripped down - think bubble gum hot rod - I was lucky enough to meet and talk with him at Otto’s first mug party way back in 93(?) He was a very cool guy and we happened to attend the same college.

Thanks for looking and my very best Aloha's

Bosko

Nice work as always Bosko .I regret missing out on the last run of the "Bug Eye"
in that killer blue -green glaze .I was wondering if you are going to do another run of the Bug Eye ?

Pages: 1 2 55 replies