Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

What about Thee Swank Bastards ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 168 replies

This is not an update for a California event. I am Posting because we are playing with a California band.

That is right people Thee Swank Bastards and Frankie and the Pool Boys will try there best to avoid the Hula Hooping of death. We can't promise all people that attend this show will survive but we do promise that all members of the bands will get through the night and tell the story of death and dismemberment by the (place big scary word here) and Queen Of The Night SZANDORA. for those of you not familiar with Frankie and the P...oolboys The live band will feature Dobronyi on guitar with the incredible Naotaka Seki from Japan's Surf Coasters on drums. (This will be especially interesting as Seki speaks no English!) Also on guitar will be Danny Snyder, and on bass Tony Bald from the Bay Area's The Tomorrowmen. Karen Dobronyi from Meshugga Beach Party will be playing keyboards. Of course, any of The Pool Boys who performed on the CD are encouraged to join the band on stage.

here you go. If you were wondering about your safety at the show.

Come to the Double Down Saloon Las Vegas if you dare. Aug 5th is the day that will go down in infamy when Szandora does... I don't know I ran out of ideas. anyway double down saloon las vegas wed aug5 at 9pm. check out the poster about... if you daaaaarrrrrre.

Some video of these guys rockin out at The Purple Orchid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oZGmRUdbDM

About half way in.

Dig it,

and uh Huh huh huh.
you said "half way in"

the Swank Bastards have a song called,
"Just stick the tip in"
:o

Jeff(btd)

LMAO Jeff! I actually thought about that song as I wrote that but couldn't think of another way of phrasing it. Total Giggity!

Does anybody Know the name of the Song that the Swank Bastards are playing while Szandora is taking her top off seductively?

Jeff(btd)

I think its called Night Train.

No that's what Shaun the bass player was drinking.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Little of column a and a little of column A and a little of column B.
Any of you gonna make to Frankie and the Pool Boys August 5th?

Almost time for Tiki Oasis. Thee Swank Bastards will be Playing the Main Stage on Saturday at 7pm. Thee Swank Bastards will also be playing Frankie's Room room party on Friday night after the main Stage goes dark and we will be playing the room Saturday afternoon 3 to 4pm. We are also talking about having a jam session Saturday after the main stage goes dark. Email shaun.w.coleman@gmail if you are interested in playing some traditional surf tunes with Thee Swank Bastards.

M

Thee Swank Bastards room parties are epic! I don't use the word epic much but this is one of those times its the perfect adjective. See you guys in a few weeks.

Can't wait. for the big Tiki Oasis 10. If anybody in San Diego misses us there they can catch us at the Beauty Bar Sep. 24th.

Thee Swank Bastards are looking for a good show or two. The dates are Dec 3 and Dec 4. It is 4 months away so get working on it people.

how was the swank/frankie show last thurs?

Jeff(btd)

DZ

We stayed an extra day in Vegas just to go to the show, but "drinks at the pool" got the best of us & we didn't even make it to dinner, let alone the show...

Hope that doesn't happen at Oasis...

The show was great. Thee Swank Bastards did what they do. Frankie and the Pool boys were refreshing. Great show and great people.

BUMP
Almost time for Tiki Oasis. Thee Swank Bastards will be Playing the Main Stage on Saturday at 7pm. Thee Swank Bastards will also be playing Frankie's Room room party on Friday night after the main Stage goes dark and we will be playing the room Saturday afternoon 3 to 4pm. We are also talking about having a jam session Saturday after the main stage goes dark. Email shaun.w.coleman@gmail if you are interested in playing some traditional surf tunes with Thee Swank Bastards.

Thee Swank Bastards are back from The Marvelous Tiki Oasis 10 Extravaganaz... The Tankies Friki Room Parties were outta control. Jam `session could have been better. As for the main stage all has to be given up to Louie the Letch for the comedy performanc3e of a lifetime. I have no idea how we can top this year, any ideas? Sponsorship maybe? Anybody know the Kona Beer people? Magnum condom company? 3m Rubberbands? Well we don't care want money or free stuff.

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-08-23 17:25 ]

GT

Dani and I enjoyed them a lot, The Swank Bastards rocked, As a side note, What made them better, I think the hula-hula dancer gal, Is the best dancer of all the gals that performed, And one the best performers that I have seen, At all the Oasis, She should have her own time, Set to music, Gogo

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2010-08-23 21:38 ]

She does occasionally dance without us. It is more fun as a group. Szandora and I used to be a duo. A weekly show at the Double Down Las Vegas plenty of youtube videos were made and none of them mention me:(. I would play records and she would do her thang. Thank you for the kind words.

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-08-26 15:57 ]

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-08-26 16:30 ]

Can everybody start putting their two cents in where you want to see Thee Swank Bastards play? Telling us is alot easier than using google to find the venues.

The Bamboo Hut in SF Sep 3rd at 930 pm.
Just Thee Swank Bastards..
Impala in SF Sep 4th at 6pm
Just Thee Swank Bastards shooting a video so dress sharp.
The Bamboo Hut in SF Sep 4th at 1000 pm.
Just Thee Swank Bastards
Double Down Saloon Las Vegas Sep 10 9pm.
The Mighty Surf Lords and Thee Swank Bastards
Town Square Las Vegas Sep 11 4pm.
tThee Swank Bastards at a brewfest we play firs thank god.
Double down Saloon Las Vegas Sep22 9pm.
Thee Swank Bastards saves Vegas from Daikaiju.
Juke Joint in Anaheim Sep 23 9pm.
Thee Bastards, the meka leki hi's and The Woggles.
Beauty Bar in San Diego Sep 24 at 9pm.
Thee Bastards, The Creepy Creeps and The Woggles.
Don the Beachcombers in Huntington Beach Sep 25 7pm.
Another intimate evening with just the Basatrds, Szandora and you.

FASTER! youse guys rocked.

FASTER? We thought we have been playing to fast lately.

California here we come.
Sep23rd
Thee Swank Bastards will be at the Juke Joint in Anaheim with The The Woggles, Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders.
Sep24th
Thee Swank Bastards will at the Kensington Club in San Diego with, Secret Samurai, and The Fink Bombs
Sep25th
Thee Swank Bastards will be at Don The Beachcomber's in Huntington Beach. A whole night of just Thee Swank Bastards

I'm thinking I might make all 3 of these.

Jeff(btd)

thee swank bastards will be in san diego tonight.
friday sep.24th the ken club club will host tsb the fink bombs
and the secret samurai. $5 cover charge pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge. thee bastards will also be in hutington saturday sep. 25th
at don the beachcombers. only the bastards will be on stage for three freakin hours at don's. we start at 9 sharp and finish at 12.

Hello Bastards and Bastardettes. Can't wait to see you all. Thee Swank Bastards Will be in San Francisco October 23rd and 24th.
23rd will be at the Bamboo hut our local North Beach haunt. Show starts at question marks. Bar closes at two but we don't know when the party will end.
The 24th will be at the Hotel Utah. Three extraordinary bands and a classic surf music lineup. Thee Swank Bastards your loveable Las Vegas trio. Insect Surfers, been around for more than two decades and are still a fresh breath of salty air in the music world today. The triumphant return of Mach IV a band that is more fun than most all other bands combined.

Thee Swank Bastards need more listeners. Email [email protected] for your copies of cds. For downloads go to http://www.tunecore.com/music/theeswankbastards.

Or you can just go to last.fm and start a station with our name.

Bought myself a Thee Swank Bastards CD at Oasis this year ( I got the last Surf one) and ive been listening to it non stop in my truck ever since,

On 2010-10-06 19:25, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Bought myself a Thee Swank Bastards CD at Oasis this year ( I got the last Surf one) and ive been listening to it non stop in my truck ever since,

Thank you.
Thee Swank Bastards will be in San Francisco Oct.22nd, 23rd, and 24th. The first two noghts will be at the Bamboo Hut. Shows will start at 9 and usually go till the bar closes. Oct 24th Thee Bastards will be at the Hotel Utah with Mach IV and The Insect Surfers. All shows have a required attendance. We need to pay for the travel expenses.

L

Thee Swank Bastards will be in San Francisco Oct.22nd, 23rd, and 24th. All shows have a required attendance. We need to pay for the travel expenses.

Three nights in a row ...well if I must I must!

Looking forward to seeing you all again. and again. and again :)

TWO

They kicked ass....as usual at the Hotel Utah yesterday.

alot of people came out this weekend. Thank you very much.

Thee Swank Bastards will be in LA Nov. 13th and 14th.

13th will be at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo. Thee Swank Bastards will once again be at their second favorite place to Bastardize some surf music. Three sets of good, bad, and ugly surf. Originals, covers and some in betweens. Don't worry when the music gets ugly you have the vivacious Szandora to melt your ice.

No cover
Starts at 9pm
No drink Maximum

14th will be at the Lomography Studios.
Lomography Presents:
Diana World Tour Event Featuring The Swingin' Sounds of Thee Swank Bastards from Fabulous Las Vegas!

The Diana World Tour Event includes Vignette Photos taken from the Diana f+ Film Camera from Actors, Artists and Celebrities... Vignettes from the City of Angels” features Lomographs captured with the plastic lens of the Diana F+ inspired by Los Angeles… be it our favorite people, places, or things; or an image that represents how LA makes us feel and the way of life it promotes. There will also be Diana F+ Custom Camera Clones included...

Szandora will have one of each available. All of the pieces will be available for silent auction and all proceeds go to charity!

No Cover
Open Bar for 21+
7pm Sharp

The Swank Bastards now have an upload function on their site. Please go to http://www.theeswankbastards.com and choose the contact link. We will also be in San Diego next month at the Ken Club Dec 10.

We had a cancellation in LA Dec 11. Does anyone want to hire us for something? House party, Barmitzvah, Deflowering? We can do it. Short notice but I hope we can work something out.

THE CREEPY CREEPS and THEE SWANK BASTARDS on FRIDAY DECEMBER 10TH starts at 10:00 at THE KENSINGTON CLUB in SAN DIEGO 4079 adams ave 619 284- 2848 . DON'T MISS THIS SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LAST OF THEE SWANK BASTARDS GIGS THIS YEAR

Friday, December 17 @ Starry Plough, Berkeley, CA, 9pm
Saturday, December 18 @ Johnny V's, San Jose, CA, 9pm
Sunday, December 19 @ Condor, San Francisco, CA, 3pm
Monday, December 20 @ Elbo Room, San Francisco, CA, 9pm
Saturday, December 25 Double Down, Las Vegas, NV, 10pm
Thursday, December 30 @ Aces & Ales, Las Vegas, NV 9pm

WE DO HAVE SOME IN THE COMING YEAR AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED

Thee Swank Bastards are on a Christmas comp again.

On 2010-11-04 16:12, Double Crown wrote:

It wasn’t the original plan – who would have thought the world needed 3 volumes of Christmas and holiday music done surf style? Well, they have been among our most popular releases, so who are we to say no? This volume has songs from all over the world, including The Surfites (Sweden), The Mobsmen (Norway), Burt Rocket (Iceland/Norway), The Razorblades (Germany), The Urban Surf Kings (Canada), and of course, the United States. While mostly surf/instro, there are a few songs that veer into frat rock, swing and exotica, to mix things up a little bit. After all, you can’t just drink eggnog and eat fruitcake during the holidays – a little spiced wine and cranberry sauce is good for a little variety.

Tracks:

Morgen Kinder Wirds Was Geben – The Razorblades
Good King Wenceslas – The Excelsiors
We Three Kings – The Frankie Handwax Experience
Greensleeves – King Of Hawaii
Moguls – Urban Surf Kings
Så Går Vi Rundt Om En Enebærbusk – The Mobsmen
Secret Santa - The Barbary Coasters
Staffan Var En Stalledrang – The Surfites
Santa’s Hot Rod – Burt Rocket
This is Santa Claus (Bad Boy Mix) – The Balboas
Alle Jahre Wieder – The Incredible Mr. Smith
Sausage & Sauerkraut For Santa – The Polkaholics
Jingle Bells – Tiki Joe’s Ocean
We’ll Be Home With Bells On – O.J. Watson & The Ludlow Ramblers
We Three Kings – Thee Swank Bastards
Old Anxiety – Peter Curry & Dick Chiclet

BONUS: For folks that order direct from Double Crown we will e-mail you an exclusive bonus track!

V/A – Seasonal Favorites: Volume 3 CD – DCCD39 – $12.75 (Order From Double Crown Records)

OR

Seasonal 3-Pack (All 3 Seasonal Favorites CD's) - SEASONAL3PAK - $35.00 (Order From Double Crown Records)

Sean
Double Crown Records
http://www.dblcrown.com
http://doublecrown.blogspot.com

Any of you have an inside info on the Man or Astroman? tour. I haven't had any luck with getting Thee Swank Bastards an opening slot.

Shaun,
I would bet that Man or Astroman,
Has a stipulation in their contract with the
Clubs about not having other surf bands
On the bill for the night.
Kinda like Dick Dale, and Los Straitjackets
Sometimes do.

Jeff(btd)

I just found out that MAOM asks for only two bands to be on the bill. Since we aren't a big draw in most places. Chances are we won't get on any opening slots.

Thee Swank Bastards don't have firm plans for Tiki Oasis this year. Does anybody know what we can do to play there? Since we are broke musicians and can't afford to buy the tickets and rooms. We have to rely on the kindness of strangers.

E
ESP182 posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2011 7:13 PM

Thee Swank Bast-ards (ala Charles Phoenix's intro) need to be at Oasis 11. Start up a fund drive!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 168 replies