Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

What about Thee Swank Bastards ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 168 replies

And thee Swank Bastards will be back at the Purple Orchid in So. Cal. on
Sat May 16th.
and
the HB Surfing Museum on Sun. March 17th.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

THIOS JUST IN!!! Thee Swank Bastards will be playing the next Tiki Oasis!!! We will be on the main stage (7 to 8 Saturday night).We will also be playing Frankies Tiki Room room for those late night affairs that we enjoy so much...

i just realized... that means I have to still be able to stand Saturday evening... CRAP!!!

talk about advance notice.
:o

Jeff(btd)

O
Otto posted on Mon, Feb 1, 2010 11:38 PM

On 2010-01-25 17:57, beelzebozo wrote:
i just realized... that means I have to still be able to stand Saturday evening... CRAP!!!

Hey, tell Szandora she has to be able to stand on Saturday too!
Just until after your set on the main stage tho!

Thee Swank Bastards Updated San Francisco Bay Area shows: March 10 10pm Bondage-a-Go-Go at the GLAS KAT SUPPERCLUB; March 11 8pm 15 Romolo; March 12 3pm The Condor; March 13 2pm Forbidden Island; March 13 10pm Paradise Lounge

S

@Otto: Sorry about last time... It will never, ever happen again... I feel terrible. I'm usually so classy. ooops. =(

Just a bump here
Thee Swank Bastards Updated San Francisco Bay Area shows:
March 10 10pm Bondage-a-Go-Go at the GLAS KAT SUPPERCLUB;
March 11 8pm 15 Romolo;
March 12 3pm The Condor;
March 13 2pm Forbidden Island;
March 13 10pm Paradise Lounge
Hope to any and all of you there.

M

can't wait for tonight at Paradise!

Fantastic show at FI this afternoon! Can't wait to see everyone's pics....

:drink:
Tacky

TWO

Thee Swank Bastards at Forbidden Island....Great F-ing show. No surprise really! Thanks Molokai Mike and whoever else was responsible
for bringin' them up North. We planned to see them at the later show in S.F. too but a lot of cocktails and a little bit of food was a poor plan. I've never been very good at pacing myself.
Oh well, I'll see them again soon.

Thank you everybody at FI. It was the best show out of the Bunch. We will soon have Swank Bastard Ties and Szandora Hoola Hoops. So Ladies and gentlemen get your wallets ready.

Swank Bastards next show in SoCal are july 10 at "the Purple Orchid" and July 11 at "the Huntington Surf Museum."

next Show in SoCal has been changed. It will now be at Spikes in rosemeade. Date will Be May 15 and the Ghastly Ones will also be on the `bill.

...STILL hungover from Friday night at Frankies.... Good times.

you caught the last time I will dj at frankies. I got released with the 'ol you didn't do anything wrong but it didn't work out.

Aw...lame! Well, it was good times, regardless...

bummer, sorry to hear that man,

Chin up.

Jeff(btd)

Don't forget May 15 Thee Swank bastards will be playing Spikes in Rosemead with the Ghastly Ones

I have had no luck in booking May 14. If their is anyone who help us book Southern CA with gas and hotel money that would be appreciated. We can give you some swag. See you the 15th.

I heard Barstow is a swingin town,
maybe you can book a show there, on the way in.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

if you can give me some venue names to look into. i will be more than happy to bring the bastards experience to barstow. i can't find a place that has live music with any contact info. also if anybody wants to see the bastards anywhere in California let me know. we are getting oput more often and want to meet everybody in california.

(bump) See you tomorrow we will be in Rosemead at a place called Spike's.

When you come down to play the Surf Museum again, we should set up a show at The Tiki Bar. We can PACK the place, I guarantee it.

Spike (not the owner of Spike's....yet)
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-05-14 19:15 ]

If you are doing a road trip May 29 2010. Thee swank Bastards will Be playing a show at the Motor City cafe here in Las Vegas. The show is free and we will be the only band there. Show starts at 10pm.

Are their any venues that want to host Thee Swank Bastards July 9th in southern California? We want to bring the Hula Girls along to pack the place. We are playing at the Purple Orchid the 10th and the HBSM the 11th. We would like a third date if possible.

did you try the Pike or Alex's in long beach?

Jeff(btd)

Thee Next show in California for us. Spikes was fun. Those of you who didn't make it out really missed a good night. Thee swank Bastards Will Be in San Fransisco June 11 at 8pm the Bamboo Hut, june 12 at TBA and June 13 Thee Swank Bastards will be playing the 33rd Annual Haight Street Fair.

Thee Swank Bastards have Started a blog. go to w.mawebcenters.com/bdjc/blog.html
We have two shows this weekend. Friday June 11 at 900pm will be at the Bamboo Hut and Sunday June 13 at 100pm will be at the 33rd annual Haight Ashbury Street Fair.

Anybody in the San Fransisco area want to hire Thee Swank Bastards for a dwelling, residence, home, abode, lodging, accommodation, or flat party this weekend? Thee bastards have Saturday June 12th open and we will be there. We could take the night off but we need gas money, cheap eats and cheap booze but most of all we love to entertain. I know a lot of you have been dying to have a summer bbq well here is your chance to have the best one of the summer.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER THREADS
contact [email protected] if you are interested.

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-06-07 14:51 ]

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-06-07 14:52 ]

bump

Thee Swank bastards will be at the Purple Orchid in Marvelous El Segundo July 10th. At 8pm your favorite post modern artsy surf band will take the stage until no more art can be handled (by art I mean Szandora). 221 Richmond St. El Segundo, CA 90245 Orchid phone is (310)322-5829. It has been over a year since Thee Swank Bastards have played the Purple Orchid so we want to see all those drunk faces again. Dave, Rebbecca, Trent, Jeff, Sean, Tina, Scott, John, Heather, JonPaul, and all the others. Be there or don't but I am pretty sure it will be more fun than your other option. Well... unless you are that one guy. Also that same weekend the Bastards will be at the Huntington Beach Surf Museum Sunday afternoon (the 11th) at 230pm till 4pm. You will also be able to see the counselers that day. The Counselers will start at 1pm. The museum is located at 411 Olive Ave Huntington Beach 92648.
Museum phone is 714-960-3482. Across the Street form the -surf Museum is a great little Taco shop. If you want to join the bass player Shaun (Beelzebozo Partridge) for a taco and beer before the show post it here and it shall be a lunch party to end all much parties. Or quite possibvly I will be sitting sad and alone. Hope it is the former.

Sean,

I will be at Both shows for sure.
and I will join you at Pepes Tacos around noonish?

Jeff(btd)

Thank you Jeff. I don't want to say a definite time I will be there. I have to herd the whole band. Kind of like trying to herd cats. I will be there. let me know when you are up and heading to the place so I can try and hurry the rest of the bastards up. Don't forget the official swank bastards blog page.
http://w.mawebcenters.com/BDJC/blog.html

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-06-30 18:49 ]

Just talked to the Jesse. He will be getting tacos and having a beer with us. Anybody else?

Yes, summer is in full swing at the Purple Orchid Tiki Lounge.
Thee Swank Bastards feat. Szandora will be there July 10 for all your hula-hoop needs.
Get your kicks and your fix while supplies last!

221 Richmond Street, El Segundo

Don't forget about Tacos before that Surf Museum Show.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131134540260841

Bimp!

Bimp!

Bimp!

Ben,
see you at Purple Orchid?

Jeff(btd)

I'm gonna be there, too! This show is going to be EVEN BETTER than when Saxon & Fastway opened for Iron Maiden in 1982! I'll be easy to spot because of my TIKI kneepads. Be sure to say 'Hi' to me!

I can't wait to rock with you Mr. Captainkneepadstiki. I will keep my eyes out for your custom Tiki Kneepads!!

On 2010-07-10 01:25, bigtikidude wrote:
Ben,
see you at Purple Orchid?

Jeff(btd)

see you at the Museum...
I had to work tonight.

S

On 2010-07-10 16:20, CaptainKneePads Tiki wrote:
This show is going to be EVEN BETTER than when Saxon & Fastway opened for Iron Maiden in 1982!

I saw that tour!!!

Killah Show! Loved it! Here are a few screen grabs from the night:

Actual video coming soon in my first episode of "Lost In Paradise", if I ever finish it......

Thee Swank Bastards in San Francisco and NO we are not playing the Castro District!!!
"Not that their's anything wrong with that." Thee swank Bastards had a great time in LA last weekend. Only person that came to Pete's Tacos was Jeff the "Big Tiki Dude." I was almost alone and sad but Jeff once again saves the day. The Counselers were great all of those guys on top of their game. Our next two shows in California will be in the Bay Area. The dates are July 22nd and 23rd to be exact. San Francisco's North Beach. Both nights at the same awesome bar. The Bamboo Hut at the corners of Broadway and Columbus to be Exact. Both shows start at 9pm although we will be drinking much much earlier do to the fact that we will be in a bar. Thee sets will be played both nights We do expect a couple of you to show up even if it is North Beach on the weekend. We are doing some art show Saturday afternoon. Sorry to say that one is invite only. Any of the tiki people wanna come see us. Couple of you braved the Area last visit. We expect more of you is all I'm saying. one of these Flyers is for your viewing pleasure. I will let you decide which one.

[ Edited by: beelzebozo 2010-07-22 14:57 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 168 replies