Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island Cocktail Competition! WINNER PAGE 3!!!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies

I'm salivating already!! When will they be available?!

M

Congratulations TikiWahine!

Congrats as well to Kevin, Patrick, and Jen. I am honored to be in your company.

w00t!

Congrats to you all!!

J

Congrats Wahine! And to everyone else who made this a stiff competition! I am humbled to get one of mine into the top 5!

Thanks Martiki and the great staff at FI for putting on such a fun and cool contest!

J

On 2008-09-17 13:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
I'm salivating already!! When will they be available?!

On 2008-09-17 13:17, martiki wrote:

Look for all of these drinks to debut on our new drink specials menu, starting September 23rd.

H

Congratulations to all the winners! The recipes all sound delicious and intriguing; the specials menu always has innovative and delicious drinks on it, but this batch will be especially fun to lay my tastebuds on.

Tikiwahine, well done. With Blackstrap, no less! I look forward to finally being able to make something delicious with that stuff. It's like you've won two contests.

Congratulations to everyone. Black Betty...bamalam...bet that is good!!!

Wow! Congratulations Shani!!! I'm not surprised your cocktail won, it's definitely one of my favorites! We'll have to have one tonight to celebrate! Congrats to all the runner-ups too, all those cocktails look really delicious, I hope I get to try them all!!!

Congrats! This was such a great idea and so much fun. What a way to get everyone to brainstrom and come up with some great drinks. I can't wait to make another road trip to FI and try them all!

Congrats to the TikiWahine and the runners up!

I'mma be kickin' stones for a while for losing this one!

I've put a post on the site with a summary of the results... any winners and runners up willing to PM me their recipe and a few notes, I'll to take a nice pic of the drink and parade you about on TraderTiki.com!

Cool!! Congratulations Tikiwahine! And to the rest of the runner ups! Thanks Martin for making this contest happen. I had a lot of fun making the drink and testing it on friends and myself.

D

YAY TikiWahine! wasnt this the drink you were shaking at the first Jet City Junket? well done!!

Thanks very much Martin and the staff at Forbidden Island! I'm very excited to have won, with the Blackstrap Betty!

A big congratulations to the other winners, I can't wait to try your recipes!
I think that's my favorite part about drink contests, it brings out so many wonderful new drinks to try. Combinations you might never have thought of.
I wish I could enjoy them at Forbidden Island!

Great Minds Drink Alike

PS Dogbytes, yes that's the drink I made at the first Jet City Junket!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2008-09-17 22:11 ]

I completely agree: Thank you Martin and the awesome staff at Forbidden Island!

Congrats Tikiwahine on winning, I can't wait to try the Blackstrap Betty, and all the other drinks. I am honored to be one of the runner ups. I am a tiki-neophyte so this was a really great experience...totally worth the headaches the morning after the lengthy "R&D sessions".

Patrick (aka Pakelika)

Coronado, CA

Congrats to the winners, I gotta try those drinks at the theoretical, autopic time when I actually make it up to Forbidden Island.
Ran

T

It's gonna be a good fall at the island! All the drinks sound delicious. Congratulations, Shani!

Thanks very much Dean!

The first one's up on the site!

Corpse Canonizer

REAL nice one Kevin, I'm certain to make this again!

Pages: 1 2 65 replies