Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

September Carve-O-Rama Sunday 9/28 at Hodaddy Lagoon

Pages: 1 2 69 replies

Dang it, TBird! I haven't seen you in a HELLUVA long time. Try and make the Trailor Trash Chop?

Truck's all loaded for tomorrow......I have an extra half-log I'm bringing along in case it's needed.

View my work @

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

Conformation is the new rebellion.

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-28 00:11 ]

B

Someone give Ken a ride so his TC screen name doesn't become his reality!

Birdman- Okay...whatever..

:)

See ya'll there.

I talked to Ken, he's not coming. :(

I'm leaving in a few...

have fun everyone, take pictures!

Just got home. Got there late (had other plans for mid day). Good time! Great location. Wish I could have been there the whole time. Thank you to everyone for giving me a hand (threw my back out yesterday). Hank, awesome event.
Just a nice time all the way around.

Thank you so much for hosting, Hank. I had a fabulous time. It was really great to see everyone and to get a chance to chat a little with Bosko someplace other than a major event.

Thank You Hank! It was a little cold down by the water but the company was warm. Wonderful day, thanks for hosting.

Hank, thank you for having us! Was a fun day fer sher.......

See you all next month at Bills'!!

(I got a great pic of Johnny(JabTiki), but for some reason, it keeps coming up as an error when I try to upload it.)

JT

Had a great time today. Thank you Hank for hosting, Thank you Eric for the palm, and I Thank everyone who showed up to make it a great day. Next time I'll do my best to get there earlier. Billy, now I really want to see that pic.

Here it is, man......for some reason, it was too big to upload. You're huge, man......rockstar sh*t!

Hello, nice to see/meet everyone yesterday, it looked like fun and the location was amazing, thanks to Hank for all the hospitality.
You can not imagine this from my perspective, I was there on Sunday with my boys, I started my Tiki career when my oldest was born, back then nobody in San Diego (let alone anyplace else) knew what a Tiki was. Let alone the thought that a group would get together to carve, it is amazing to see this community and how enthusiastic everyone is.

My very best Aloha's

Bosko

Eek...sorry about totally flaking. I was working on the house on Sat. and got all sore. I woke up late on Sunday feeling all cramped and crappy. Looks like I missed a good one...I had my car all packed the night before too. Glad ya'll had a good time -- I won't miss the next chop....

Mahalo to all who managed to attended. All were welcome and I know some tried to join us but could not. Those who managed to make it were a great inspiration to me. It was a pleasure to rap, trade secrets and work in our own independent directions with mutual respect.

My neighbors all dug chatting and watching the carving proceedures. Some of the local OMBAC big wigs popped by as well as local legend, Miss Cleo, a sweet octogenarian who swims in the bay year round as she has since the bay was nothing but eel grass, halibut and lobsters!

View of the early arrivals from the bridge...

Hey! Where'd that brisk wind come from?!

Dave & Bob & Aku #1

Giggling Kate!

Rick shreds on a new mug design...

Baby Bella! Mmmmmm... sandy papayas!

Mieko, Kate & Bosko

Bob's Tiki & Cooler guardian

Billy gettin started on a mask...

Dave coulda had a V-8!

Master Chef & Master Fisherman! Mmmmm The Marlin Salad was delicious!

Erik the Red!

Bosko.

Johnny.

Hippie or Hipster, just as long as you get on the bus...

Bill's got a triple play up his sleeve....

Uno Dos Tres! Three Marqs in one afternoon! And they look great!

Relax baby, it's what I do with it that counts!

Reesenik shows off his monster log...

Rob Tobin, my tiki frieze partner!

Rob doing his Slim Pickens.

Bob's tiki gets it head dress.

Dave's second AKU of the day! Some of generous Bill's mystery wood!

Johnny wins a log from Erik!

Johnny's Hebrides style tiki...

So ends the first Hodaddy Lagoon event and with the sinking sun we bid a fond farewell to our last guests and the last two Costco muffins!

B

great chop,great friends,great food,great tikis,could not ask for more
thanks hank

T

Does anyone have a pic of the Tiki Bosko carved that day ?

B

Thanks soooooo much for hosting one GREAT Chop Hank! That was really fun! You have the prefect spot...Hope you will host another one over there sometime. Parking was no problem, your house is AMAZING! Being close to the water was PERFECT! It was also really cool meeting Bosco and kicking it with Matt for a minute. Hope you guys can make the next one too!

Note: If we do a Chop over a my house, it will not be as clean as Hank's place was...no sir.

Pfffft! I don't need clean. Just cool and calm atmosphere. Great seeing everyone.

On 2008-09-29 19:53, tikiyaki wrote:
Does anyone have a pic of the Tiki Bosko carved that day ?

He didn't carve, he just dropped in with family in tow.

B

Great Chop, everyone! Thanks for hosting, Hank. I had fun hanging out and carving my "self portrait", ha ha! Hope we can do it again down there in MB.

...The drums!...The drums!...

[ Edited by: Bowana 2008-09-29 22:52 ]

Great time guys....glad I was able to sneak out and get some fresh air. I promise next time I'll be carvin!!

Glad I got out of there before Matt showed up 6 hours late :wink:

Ouch!

looks like it was a good time, bummed i missed it. ill try and be at the o-side chop for sure

Pages: 1 2 69 replies