Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The New Guy

Pages: 1 10 replies

I just wanted to say hello to everyone My name is Todd I live In Massachusetts .
I just bought a house and my first project is going to be a great Tiki Lounge area that will take over my basement.

[Edited by hanford to change the subject line from all caps to title case]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-03-15 21:36 ]

Welcome aboard!
:tiki:

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:27 ]

Hi TikiTodd1,

I used to live over in Westwood, Mass. Is there still snow out there?

Look out for Tiki mugs from an old bar in Norwood - I've been looking out for one for years.

Anyway, welcome to the gang!

Trader Woody

TikiTodd1, welcome to the tribe. Watch out for a dysfunctional fellow by the name of Tiki Bong. He's kind of "out there" if you know what I mean. You'll see what I'm talking about when he posts.

TikiTodd1,

Mass, huh. Seen Ed Kennedy driving off any briges lately? He always did like his shortcuts...

Chappaquiddick - or whowever it's spelt - bridge is a friggin' nightmare to cross so I have sympathy to anyone who decides to treat it as a 'Dukes of Hazard ' jump armed only with a brainfull of executive quality gack and an evening's worth of New England cranberry martinis. He was a pro. Fat Ted fled.

Trader Woody

L
laney posted on Sat, Mar 15, 2003 5:22 PM

Well maybe the bridge did suck, but now you have to wait in line through Edgertown (yuck)to take a ferry 5 feet to get to chappy (where the best beaches are-except the nude beach, up island, in Gayhead)

This, and the rain, is making me long for summer on the Vineyard!

Laney,

So do they have any affiliate strip clubs there?

'A thing of Tiki is a joy forever'

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

PolyPop, I've adopted your kids!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-03-15 18:49 ]

L
laney posted on Sat, Mar 15, 2003 7:20 PM

No, and I think that's a great thing. Many towns there are dry too (not as much of a great thing)My sister (the greatest person in the world) and her family live in Marlboro, Mass. and her husbands family has houses on the island that have been passed down since 1905. I first went there to recover, after I had my son. Ever since it's been our yearly vacation. We stay on the East Chop in Oak Bluffs and spend almost the whole time in the rockers on the porch watching the ferrys go by. It's a great vacation with the kids-a walk into down town Oak Bluffs, clamming, , biking, sailing and the beaches. The only thing is Martha's Vineyard is not tourist friendly, lots of secret treats for those who know. I guess it's pretty hoity toity there too!

[i]On 2003-03-14 11:23, Trader Woody wrote
Look out for Tiki mugs from an old bar in Norwood - I've been looking out for one for years.

Thanks to a heads-up from JTD & Midnite, I got the mug I've been after for a long long time. This was the place we used to go to as kids and got me hooked on the whole Tiki thing. Plus, the mug is mighty unusual. (Blue for a start).

I'd never have seen it if it wasn't for your help, so mucho thanks. Credits to Tiki Central, the pair of you.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 10 replies