Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Mauna Kai Lounge

Pages: 1 2 89 replies

He's become the mascot for our Kustom Car Club, The Idol Mixtures.

Looks great Rick. I really like the way the celling turned out.

K

Oh Man, those old ass lamps give me a case of the "DANGITIWISHIHADTHOSE." Nice!!!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

[ Edited by: KAHAKA 2010-03-30 19:13 ]

WOW! Yours are now on my wish list. I paid 5 bucks apiece for those, by the way.

T

:o Hey Rick,thanks for the update. It's starting to take shape nicely in there.. Nice work.. I have one of those old green fish floats also, but I'm scared to hang it for fear it will fall and break. :( But I do hang a newer aged blue one..

BK

Those floats are all over the place, around here. If it breaks, I'll find another one.

BK

OK, guys. I need some opinions. Do these lights work?

Do I hang these masks or are they too cheesy?

Thanks for your help.

L

those masks ARE cheesy!

Maybe stick them behind the netting to keep them but hide them

BK

Anyone else wanna confirm what I already knew?

I'm a believer that all related stuff can work, it's all in how you display them. You don't want to put too much "weight" on items like the masks. You want the main attention to be on tiki items like your mugs and that large carving you have. Support this with lighting in the right places, and I'm telling you-- it all works, don't get rid of a thing!

Stay tuned. More progress pics soon!

quote"Do I hang these masks or are they too cheesy?"

These are not TIKI. Each one is one half of a COMEDY/TRAGEDY set.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2010-09-16 14:25 ]

These were bought early on in my Tiki education. I've already sold them at a swap meet. They are gone, but I just bought a huge PNG mask last week.

BK

S

You really got a world of change happening in the bar

:wink:

BK

Tee Hee! Did ya notice my Velvis?

The latest addition:

Glad your keeping the flame going BK in the MA!

Woe...it is looking great and the fish net really pulls that room together and compliments your awesome lamps. Love the progress pictures, it is so helpful for those of us that are challenged in the mechanics of putting the room together.

CAUTION: Amateur mixologist at work!

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2012-08-23 09:08 ]

Stay back!
Great-looking space, Big.

A couple new editions:

Picked up another vintage lamp, yesterday. Now, all I have to do is figure out where to put it. There'll be a major renovation to the Mauna Kai Lounge this summer. Stay tuned.

T

Your room looks great and all those old lamps you have are awesome!

I just checked out all the pages of your thread. What a trip. This is a fun thread. You have a wonderful vintage mug collection. Wendy

Lookin good Rick!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-05-16 22:22 ]

I also have 3 very coveted Wendy Cevola mugs! :D

On 2014-05-16 22:18, danlovestikis wrote:
I just checked out all the pages of your thread. What a trip. This is a fun thread. You have a wonderful vintage mug collection. Wendy

Thanks, for the kind words, everyone. Lots of changes coming in the next few months. I'll post updates, as I go.

H

Looking forward to seeing what you've got cooking!

BK

Rewiring complete! Now, I've got to hang the beast!

The beast is hung & lit!

PP

lamp and room look great!!!!!

Lovin that light and the room is looking really amazing. Awesome job.

• Dale

!!!

This just showed up on Facebook! Absolutely made my day!

BK

Did a little re-arranging finally hung that Papua New Guinea mask I got in July. Big plans for modifications once the crappy weather hits.

UT

Looks great Rick!!! Your recent finds are awesome especially the cracked coconut mugs. Keep the pics coming.

Finally got around to getting something put in a real frame.

Some Doug Horne love!

GREEN with envy!!! Looks fabulous.

New Furniture!

Every home Tiki Bar needs a sign. I have the pleasure of having two, created my two very talented friends. The first sign was gifted to me by my good friend Hottiki. It makes sure everyone that visits knows who the resident mixologist is.

The second sign makes sure everyone knows where they are. It was painted by my good buddy, Ray Benson.

Pages: 1 2 89 replies