Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

FOM Queequeg Mug to benefit the MS Society - NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies

On 2008-10-07 17:13, squid wrote:
Welcome to Squid's Guilt-Trip Corner.

If you are reading this and you haven't ponied up for a mug (and I know who you are because I have super squid powers that allow me to see you RIGHT NOW!), shame on you! Get on it!

LOL
thanks Squid!!
And once again, may I take this opportunity to thank you so much for a fantastic design and working so well with us in the process!!
:)
:drink:

..sb

S

My mug arrived today!

Squid, it's GORGEOUS.

Sully, thanks for shipping it out so quickly!

YAY!

Suzanne

T

Just ordered mine! I wonder how many are left? What an awesome idea to support a very good cause!

i think there are 60-some left. so if you want one, you can get one, but we've sold about 2/3 of them in one week.

they don't do the MS Society any good sitting in Bargoyle's warehouse.

and they don't allow you to drink a Suffering Bastard out of them sitting in Bargoyle's warehouse.

So get one! Buy one for a friend! They make excellent gifts!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com/msmug/

..sb

Quick question Can you ship to the Uk and if so How much?? be happy to have one of theses great mugs and help out a good cause!!

Mahope
Richie

still waiting....

On 2008-10-08 08:13, tonmawrtiki wrote:
Quick question Can you ship to the Uk and if so How much?? be happy to have one of theses great mugs and help out a good cause!!

Mahope
Richie

Richie, send a PM to Bargoyle here on TC with your actual address there in Britain.
He can calculate it for you.

Mahalo!!

..sb

B

still waiting???!?!?!?!

Buncha ball-bustin' comedians around here.

The first 82 have been shipped out as of today.

Look for an email msg from paypal with your tracking number.

Will ship more in the next day or so.

Working on international orders as well (a few people ordered from across the pond) I'll get the shipment cost & send a separate freight invoice in the next day or two.

thanks again everyone for the support!

T

Got Mine... What a great mug & a for a great cause and a wonderful person. For those of you who have not had an opportunity to meet SBiM and his wife Traci they really are special! Can't wait to have someone mix me a Rum based beverage so that I can use my mug. It's just not the same with water in it!

T

Bargoyle, I sure hope my name was on that list for those first 82 mugs.. I was in at the strike of noon on the first day.. Anything for a great cause.. Keep it up and for all the others out there, dig in those pockets and order a mug, or two or three. :lol: Come on, we know you got it.

Ordered mine today thanks for the quick response to my pm's

TT

Just ordered mine. I can't wait to display it-right after I drink out of it.

If you are reading this and you haven't ponied up for a mug (and I know who you are because I have super squid powers that allow me to see you RIGHT NOW!), shame on you! Get on it!

Wow, your Guilt-foo is strong, Squid. I almost just ordered a second mug....

S
squid posted on Thu, Oct 9, 2008 1:43 PM

On 2008-10-09 09:27, Haole'akamai wrote:

Wow, your Guilt-foo is strong, Squid. I almost just ordered a second mug....

I've been working on it...

B

FYI:

We ARE shipping these internationally.

To Canada $19.00us
To UK $27.00us
To Sweden $27.00us

With the weak dollar right now, think about buying two!!! :wink:

LT

Arrived last night - it's a great mug! Did you have to burn the edges of all 200 certificates by hand? It's a nice touch!

Yes, I did all the burns by hand, but for the most part I did them in small batches of 5-10 at a time.

I thought it would look nicer that way.

..sb

The original sculpt by Squid is now up for auction on ebay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150303443015

ALL THE PROCEEDS FROM THE AUCTION GO TO THE MS SOCIETY!!!!!

..sb

Made my Queequeg's Blood syrup last night! yummy

So I hear people are getting their Queequeg mugs!
Feel free to post photos of yourself drinking from them to inspire others to buy one.

We still have a stash of them left, but they will sell out.

Get one now for a Christmas present for someone! Mele Kalikimaka!!

..sb

Any thoughts on when us West-Coasters should expect 'em?

D

Number 32 found its way safely to Seattle.

Trader Pup approved this message.

LT

On 2008-10-14 18:31, Haole'akamai wrote:
Any thoughts on when us West-Coasters should expect 'em?

Mine arrived late last week.

I've got the first 100 out the door.

Will ship another 25 or so tmrw, and then another 25 on friday.

Also, the international rates I listed are for priority mail (the ONLY way paypal will let me ship international), but if I go to the post office and pay for shipping there, I can send regular parcel post, and the shipping cost is about half of those numbers.

Thanks to everyone for their support, and try the cocktail! Sub your favorite gold rum for the Hurricane if you cant get it. Its a damn fine cocktail if I do say so myself.

B

Just another update, all orders received through Oct 5th are now shipped (apart from a few international ones I'm waiting on shipping payment). Keep your eyes on your mailbox. It can take up to 9 days via parcel post.

I will get the balance of the mugs out today & tmrw.

Mahalo to everyone for all the support.

Just got the mug today.

It's awesome.

M

I ordered mine the first day, but it hasn't arrived in Maui yet. I hope it didn't go by boat.

LT

It was shipped aboard the Pequod.

On 2008-10-17 20:05, MauiTiki wrote:
I ordered mine the first day, but it hasn't arrived in Maui yet. I hope it didn't go by boat.

Rob. I have a feeling our mugs are on that big cruise ship together....I got an USPS confirm shipping email saying it was shipped parcel... well I just hope there having fun out at sea... :wink: The last mug I ordered off ebay that shipped parcel took 6 weeks to arrive from the mailing date..

aloha

C'mon gang,these should be sold out already!!,not only because of the cool design,but the cause as well. Get on it and get one.

thanks for the plug.

yes, there are about 50 left.

..sb

T

Strange story that happened yesterday. Actually a week ago my fortune cookie said something lost will find its way back to you soon. And those fortune cookies have always been right for me. Yesterday I received a letter from my wife's mom. Never have I got a letter from her. Open it up and it was a smoothed down Hersey's bar. Like it was steam rolled a bit. My wife checked the date on the envelope and it was dated Nov. 2007. I still ate the candy bar by the way.

H
Heath posted on Sat, Oct 18, 2008 5:12 PM

Received mine yesterday.
Well worth the wait!
To everyone involved I would like to say excellent work and may your mugs always be full.

T

On 2008-10-18 14:24, teaKEY wrote:
Strange story that happened yesterday. Actually a week ago my fortune cookie said something lost will find its way back to you soon. And those fortune cookies have always been right for me. Yesterday I received a letter from my wife's mom. Never have I got a letter from her. Open it up and it was a smoothed down Hersey's bar. Like it was steam rolled a bit. My wife checked the date on the envelope and it was dated Nov. 2007. I still ate the candy bar by the way.

What in the hell does this have to do with this thread?

Perhaps it was a "See how long some post takes?" thought.

Yeah, I can't believe there are any mugs left, too. If I had more funds, I would sure as heck buy another...

Waiting (mostly) patiently,
~T

Well, today is my birthday, so in honor of that, I encourage all of you to buy a mug as your present to me!!

..sb

T

A good time was had by all... Here is the mug in action @ the Kowloon. By the time I got to the Kowloon everyone had been drinking!

Please note Bargoyle's eyes are open in this shot!

Happy Birthday SB/Jon Hope this year is the best for you and Traci!
Jp - Dog

Bummed I missed you all at the Kowloon :(

those photos are freaking awesome!!!!

sorry I couldn't be there. I had just gotten back late friday night after being out of town all week and I had to catch up on stuff at home.

it looks like the Queequeg army had a good time!!

..sb

H

Thanks for posting those, Beth. Such a fun time!

OK, so what can we do to get you freaks to buy the last few mugs?

Remind you that Christmas is coming up?

Give you a guilt trip by saying if you can't support this effort, someone you know will be diagnosed with MS and there will be no services available for them?

Show you lots of photos of people enjoying drinks in their awesome cool Queequeg mugs? (oh wait, we DID that!)

Point out that if that crappy Moby Dick movie is made, people will want to buy things on ebay related to characters in it - which Queequeg is.

What we won't do is lower the price. This is for charity people. There are only a few left. get em while they are hot!!

..sb

#126 landed safely in San Diego! Hooray!

Thanks again for thinking of such a fun idea to support a great cause.

Should I be worried that I was within (I think) the first 10 orders, but haven't gotten my mug?

any questions about shipping should be PM'ed to Bargoyle.
He has VERY GENEROUSLY taken on the task of shipping and it's a major undertaking.

Please be gentle with him.

..sb

#112 safely arrived in OC. Happy to be a part of the magic and proud to display the mug! Sell 'em all!

T

:o :o :o I was lucky that mine was #28 same as the my birthday.. :lol:

TT

Mine arrived safe and sound--thanks everyone involved--great idea and effort!

On 2008-10-27 21:40, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
any questions about shipping should be PM'ed to Bargoyle.
He has VERY GENEROUSLY taken on the task of shipping and it's a major undertaking.

Please be gentle with him.

..sb

Well, ask and ye shall receive:

Mug arrived with today's mail. :) You guys are ON TOP OF THINGS! Mahalo!!

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies