Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The FINAL Oceanside Chop! - 10/18 - All good things must come to an End! - Pics page 3

Pages: 1 2 63 replies

With much regret, I announce the last chop to be held at my house here in Oceanside. We'll be moving out in November.

This chop will be on Saturday, October 18th, 9am til ?

I hope all who have come in the past can make it, and all who have wanted to come, finally do. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CARVE!!!

Let's make it a good one!

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2008-10-18 19:33 ]

Gonna try and make this final one....
They're such mellow and fun gatherings!
and despite having to hang out with Bill and Clysdalle and Buzzy and Billy
you'll have a GRAND TIME!
:lol:

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-10-09 15:26 ]

Is Tiki Daddy going to be there?

Buzzy Out!

I'll be there with rum cake!

C

I'll be there bright and early!!!

B

I'll be there with pants on!

ill be thereee

B

Awww, this is so sad to see the Chops ending over at Bill's cosa :( We have had the very BEST of times there, and we have all learned a great deal from one another.

Of course I'm going to be there. Hopefully we can get tons of people working in all kinds of fun mediums...Bill and I both think that the Chops where this happened turned out to be some of the best Chops ever. I'll be working in clay for this one, and will bring extra stuff for folks who want to get their hands muddy.

Awwww Crap!

Regretfully Scott and I won't be there, have a Hollywood Props show that we are at from 11-6. (Speaking of which, our first NCIS prop of many got close-ups this past Tuesday. It was a Naval Academy ring on a dead girl! We think our Stillwater Class Ring is on this week!)

Thank you so much Bill and Lennie for being the ultimate hosts. Your hospitality was awesome!

Jen

Looks like a good group so far!

Skinnys, sorry you guys won't make it!

We can make this be whatever we want. We could have a big BBQ, we could drink, we could even have a band! No limits! (except no guns!) :wink: All you local peeps that expressed interest in the past but never made it, come!

You forgot grenades.......no grenades, either.

B

Maybe everyone can bring their fav Tiki creation (carving, sculpture, painting, mug, whatever) and we'll have a little art show!
:)

pops and i will be there with plenty of tamales if thats okay with you bill.

Hi Bill

I’ll be there with Cyndi. I want to work on a cement tiki torch. Musubi for breakfast, marlin dip for lunch sound good?

Could Mieko and I borrow the big food table for a little while in the morning to put the musubi together? Musubi Dad will be on his way to Cabo that morning and she needs to help me. I’ll have all the parts ready.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Diana

That marlin dip tasted like it was made by angels, man. Good stuff!

Diana, that big food table is gone, we've been getting rid of things in preperation of moving. We have a couple regular tables you can use...

Sam, I hope you guys actually make it, and don't get called in to work at the last minute!

Dave, I like the art show idea.

Z
Zaya posted on Mon, Oct 13, 2008 11:32 AM

On 2008-10-10 08:08, Babalu wrote:
Awww, this is so sad to see the Chops ending over at Bill's cosa :( We have had the very BEST of times there, and we have all learned a great deal from one another.

I Know!!! It really is sad! I'll definitely be there on Saturday, and am really looking forward to it. I have my woodburner all packed up, and ready to finish a piece that I started forever ago. I'll see you guys then!

Zaya

B

im innnnnnnnnnn!

maybe the new people will let us chop there!

On 2008-10-13 18:07, buzzard wrote:
maybe the new people will let us chop there!

LOL, Bob! If we all showed up one Saturday, how could they stop us!?!

T

Sorry to hear the fire mountain chops are coming to an end. You and Lennie have been very gracious to open your home up to carving these carving rituals. So many unique pieces have been created and so many friendships grew out of the chop chops.
I want to attend this last chop at your place to relive some of the great memories.

On 2008-10-14 16:59, tikihai wrote:
I want to attend this last chop at your place to relive some of the great memories.

Well come on down! Great pics, by the way. Those go way back. Oh, the memories...

H

Bill I also have some great memories of coming to your place and chopping, eating, and socializing etc. I am sad I can't go to this last event and hope you all have a great time creating.

Those were indeed the days.

What the hell was Bowana looking at?

JT

I work at 1pm, so I am going to do my best to make it there as early as I possibly can.

B

I made up a few of these little clay canvases for anyone interested. This is going to be a blast!!

JT

Ooooh...Oooh I'm interested, Babalu. Been wanting to try some mug making for awhile.

B

On 2008-10-14 19:39, Tiki-Kate wrote:

Those were indeed the days.

What the hell was Bowana looking at?

Mmm...pancakes.

Kate, bring pancakes instead of cookies!!! :D

Have fun everybody. I'll be chopping on the Boulevard between customers and wishing I was there.

Talked to Buzzy yesterday to beg for logs and looks like he's going... which means his log stash will be totally unguarded and Kiva likes her belly scratched... Just kidding!

Hot Damn I need wood. Other than our friend Buzz aka The East Bay Lorax, who's got a steady line on some two footers I can use for tutorials?

Alohas to all. -Hodaddy

Lagoon next month??? :roll:

T

Looking forward to it...
I will bring some li hing mui pineapple. It goes great with pancakes and it turns your tongue orange.

Nice, Tom! (it is Tom, right? it's been so long!)

I'll have some hotdogs to grill on the the grill, so as long as it'll be fired up, anybody want to bring grillables, go for it!

Tomorrow!

On 2008-10-16 19:20, 4WDtiki wrote:
Kate, bring pancakes instead of cookies!!! :D

I don't think pancakes travel very well.

On 2008-10-17 13:11, tikihai wrote:
Looking forward to it...
I will bring some li hing mui pineapple. It goes great with pancakes and it turns your tongue orange.

I suppose I could make pancakes once I get there if people are feeling breakfasty. :P

Are we starting bright and early, Bill?

9am, but if you're donning an apron, you can show up early! :wink:

Well, it just so happens...

Should I bring my own griddle, or is the kitchen still intact?

B

babalu

i want to play.....in clay!!!!!!

B

There's going to be pancakes?

On 2008-10-17 23:12, Bowana wrote:
There's going to be pancakes?

There will be if you get there early enough.

hope everyone is having fun , i was up to 11 last night snaking a clogged drain, busted a pipe while doing it ill be under the f-n house today braeking castiron pipe relacing it with black platic homeownership a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam, you and the tamales are like Lucy and the football!

well, it's over. :(

We had a good crew, missed the few who didn't make it, created a lot of stuff, and left happy.

Here's some pics.
As promised, Kate showed up early, donned a tiki apron, and cooked pancakes on the patio for the lucky morning crew, as Mieko makes musubi.

Mmmm.

Buzzy, Bob and Billy talk about carving.

Clysdalle works some clay.

Babalu set up his clay corner, Johnny watches.

Bowana Dave and Kate carve.

Kinny plays with ink and paper.

Lennie and Mieko join in.

I pull a Tom Sawyer on Ken and talk him into working on my tiki.

More carving. Kate, Bob and Thomas.

Kate sits in at the clay table.

Erik too.

Dave, is that a headless tiki that needs a bra?

Ken talks to Mr. Moai as he paints.

Babalu moves to the ink table, and finds a color to match his shirt.

Kate searches for inspiration.

Here's my finished tiki. Big thanks to Ken for the highlights!

i had a great time bill, thanks for hosting and for all the good chops!

I'd like to thank Bill and Lenny for over a year of good times hospitality. Some really groundbreaking events have taken place at your place and it really feels like we're closing the book on a pretty signifigant era in Tiki carving in California. Perhaps, one day, there will be an acheological dig at your place and scientists will be as baffled as they were when Moai were discovered in both Peru and Easter Island.

Thank you Mieko & mom for Musubi(and Marlin dip!), Kinny for not getting lost, Babs for the clay lessons, Thomas for the gas money, and everyone else for being there and making these events happen. Most of all, once again, thanks to B&L for all the memories!

What a great day, I'm sorry i couldn't have been there. Thanks for posting all the photos.

B

Thanks Bill and Lennie for one final hurrah. The get togethers at your place have always been a great time. A lot of memories for us all. Thanks also to everyone who's contributed their knowledge, expertise or pancakes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bow Wow Wana

H

Show of hands????

B

Sorry Hil, no show of hands :) I did get these though...

Bill and Linnie, You two are really fine peoples! Thank you so much for offering up your home to us so generously over the past year plus. We will be hard pressed to find such a nice place for future Chops. Again, thanks!

Another great day at Bill and Lennie's. Thanks for everything!
Diana

Lennie's new art

Mieko's new art

Pages: 1 2 63 replies