Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

While I await the opening of Frankie’s Tiki Room aka the only Las Vegas Tiki Bar, where I can swoop in, get some drinks and stumble out with a handful of swizzles. I wonder what other Tiki swizzles have appeared in the last few years. Here are the ones that I know of ~


Top to bottom in kind of a chronological order as best as I a can tell -
Tiki Farm (There was also a green one) • Oceanic Arts • The Conga Lounge • The Tiki Quest Swizzle • Hale Tiki • Forbidden Island • Hukilau.

Not counting the Shag swizzles that came with the decanters am I missing anyone? Did the Tabou Tiki Room have any? Guten Tag?

Ideally this post is about newer Tiki swizzles only (or at least trying to be), for new and current non-Tiki swizzles please see Swizzle Me this!

Those are all the good ones! Tabou Tiki Room: Nein.

M
Murph posted on Tue, Oct 28, 2008 9:52 PM

Anybody know of a source for making up a batch for a home bar??

[ Edited by: Murph 2008-10-28 21:52 ]

J

Does this one that comes with the purple Frankentiki mug count?

Here it is in situ:

S

the now closed Taboo Cove at the Venetion in Vegas(designed by Bosko) had Venus swizzle sticks from the adjacent Shag inspired bar.

Not quite a tiki swizzle stick, but close.

On 2008-10-29 10:58, sirginn wrote:
the now closed Taboo Cove at the Venetion in Vegas(designed by Bosko) had Venus swizzle sticks from the adjacent Shag inspired bar.

Not quite a tiki swizzle stick, but close.

Right Sirginn and I've got one of those and although it was basically the same as Taboo Cove (Same address, same bar, same roof) it was still Venus so I'm not counting it.

What's the correct bar etiquette on swizzles, whilst drinking in a tiki bar a fellow patron finishes his/her drink, then departs the bar leaving a swizzle in their empty vessel. Are you allowed to nab that used swizzle?

On 2008-10-30 06:23, atomictonytiki wrote:
What's the correct bar etiquette on swizzles, whilst drinking in a tiki bar a fellow patron finishes his/her drink, then departs the bar leaving a swizzle in their empty vessel. Are you allowed to nab that used swizzle?

Only if you can beat me to it first...

I agree with Tikiracer but I won't be pouncing on any leftover pineapple wedges.

You could even move in while they are nursing the dregs of their beverage.

"Are you done with that swizzle there?........ Are you gonne eat that gristle?"

Best
Mark

Here's a rendering of a new design that we're anticipating launching right around the holidays... "the Samoan War Club".

Like our original swizzle sticks and some of the older ones out there, I always prefer that the "business" end of the swizzle stick to have some mass to it.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2008-10-30 15:01 ]

T

When I was a young kid, those drink swords fit perfect in the hands of He-Man. This new club could have came in handy for a skeletor beat down.

Holden that war club is great! I'm looking forward to it's release, is it tied to a specific drink or is it just time to have a serious war club swizzle? I'm not really a fan of the old war club version.

Teakey your observation is spot on!

Holden,

That war club swizzle is fantastic. Great idea.

Here's another design that will be out soon (left on my pillow by the swizzle fairy):

BB

Those are great Sabu, thanks for posting them.

The Swizzle Fairy rules! (~~)

On 2008-10-31 23:22, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Holden,

That war club swizzle is fantastic. Great idea.

Here's another design that will be out soon (left on my pillow by the swizzle fairy):

Sabu --Formica makes for an awfully hard pillow case, no?

Btw, I was not only asking for information on my "Mystery Swizzle Stick" post, but also meant to encourage anybody who has any no-name Tiki swizzles to post them so their origin might be found! (...excluding Mr. Kona Kai)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-11-01 14:50 ]

T

On 2008-10-28 21:52, Murph wrote:
Anybody know of a source for making up a batch for a home bar??

So...anybody got any info. on the above post?? Would be interested in finding out if there was someone/company doing some but not in the thousands of quantity and hundreds of dollars!

Thanks!
TabooDan

Martiki addresses that in this thread ~ Swizzle Sticks and Forbidden Island

or you could try this :down:

After you get some made please post them here. :)

Here's a spec swizzle I once got from Holden, it never went into production:

Not exactly swizzles, but......

The lovely ladies at the Kona Club in Piedmont Ca supplied my son and I with a handfull of cup hangers, (Monkeys, Mermaids, and the ever popular Pink Elephants). I have a number of F.I swizzels and a few T.V Menehune's that float around my drinks. These are just as much a part of "The Shrine" as the mugs and the Tikis. Pictures to follow.

On 2008-11-05 11:38, metikiman1705 wrote:
Not exactly swizzles, but......

The lovely ladies at the Kona Club in Piedmont Ca supplied my son and I with a handfull of cup hangers, (Monkeys, Mermaids, and the ever popular Pink Elephants). I have a number of F.I swizzels and a few T.V Menehune's that float around my drinks. These are just as much a part of "The Shrine" as the mugs and the Tikis. Pictures to follow.

Thanks Tikiman1705 but......
I'm only focusing on the new stuff in this thread and we've got Fobidden Island covered on page one. :wink:

WHOA! :o

How about a round of applause for The Fraternal Order of Moai and their Outstanding Kick Ass Swizzle! I hope this isn’t some sort of F.O.M. secret but it’s so great anytime there is a new Tiki Swizzle. It looks like the swizzle resurgence wheels are turning a little more and I hope this means that we’ll see more great custom pieces soon. Well done F.O.M. :)

On 2009-05-02 11:08, Bora Boris wrote:
WHOA! :o

How about a round of applause for The Fraternal Order of Moai and their Outstanding Kick Ass Swizzle! I hope this isn’t some sort of F.O.M. secret but it’s so great anytime there is a new Tiki Swizzle. It looks like the swizzle resurgence wheels are turning a little more and I hope this means that we’ll see more great custom pieces soon. Well done F.O.M. :)

Ahem......your welcome.

Oops!

THANK YOU HINANO PAUL! :D

Glad you like them, Bora Boris. The manufacturer, Royer Corp., did a bang up job!

Definitely not a secret, they have been used at events like the recent Urban Luau at Eastern Standard in Boston and I think I see a few in the pictures from the Trader Vic's party in L.A. yesterday too?

Here's a picture that is a bit more clear...

Thank you Rev Thumper,

My Camera hates me at the moment and thank you and all of the F.O.M members for not just talking about someday getting some swizzles made but for actually doing it.

I cannot take any credit for it, my only role has been vigorous field testing of the final product.

On 2009-07-11 20:26, Bora Boris wrote:

I was just with Moss last Monday and he said the first round of 30,000 are gone.

The new one is A-1 CLASSIC!!!

( also heard there are some new ---'- in the werks.....)

Yes!

Not bad for a small, off the strip, 7 month old tiki bar.

On 2009-07-12 19:00, RevBambooBen wrote:

Not bad for a small, off the strip, 7 month old tiki bar.

No, not bad at all. I'm looking forward to going back.

A few thousand of these are floating around after this weekend... another great job by Royer.

Here is the Tiki Farm Shag swizzle stick that came with the Shag Akuku decanter set by Tiki Farm. I picked up a few of these at Tiki Oasis from the Tiki Farm Booth.


(wow that is big)
While on the topic of swizzle sticks... My wife and I were out in Vegas last weekend and picked up a few of the new style Frankie's Tiki Room swizzle sticks.
While there I sadly witnessed one of the first style Frankie's swizzle sticks fetched by the bartender go to a fellow at the end of the bar who stuck it up his nose. When I inquired about getting one of the first style sticks the bartender informed me that was the last one in the building. True story.
What a way to wrap up the first run of sticks.

As previously discussed on this thread, I'm not above retrieving one from an abandon drink but.......I was not too interested in hunting down that stick which has gone where no stick should go.

Sofa King

[ Edited by: Sofa King 2009-09-30 22:02 ]

E

Duplicate swizzles from my collection; PM me or send pix to [email protected] to propose a trade.

Eric

Eric, technically that green Royer one is a letter opener just FYI.

Yea, I have mine in a cup full of swizzle sticks also.

Cheers

I posted this in the SmugCo Preview Night thread, but thought I should redo the entry in the official Swizzle thread...

Here is the Smuggler's Cove swizzle, in all its swizzleriffic glory:

Z

Anyone got decent photos of the Ohana and Festiki swizzles?

On 2010-08-16 20:18, Zonker88 wrote:
Anyone got decent photos of the Ohana and Festiki swizzles?

Here are a couple action shots but I'll have to shoot some decent close ups when I get a minute at home.

Ok, here you go... you may have seen the first one around at Ohana also.

This post is way late but here are some more "New" swizzles ~

Some updated old favorites ~

Will there be a B.G. Reynolds' swizzle?

What else is in the works?

Croe67 posted the Psycho Suzy's swizzles here.

Was there a 2011 Ohana Luau at the Lake swizzle?

I think I may have seen a CATT swizzle?

Do all the F.O.M. members have Royer on speed dial? :lol: Keep up the good work.

Yes, there was an Ohana 2011 swizzle...

As for CATT, you be the judge...

Thanks Rev!

Trader Sam's new swizzles, short and long. Acquired this weekend.

PNG style, the front side says Trader Sam's

Back says Disneyland Hotel.


DC

SK

On 2012-06-18 19:41, Dustycajun wrote:
Trader Sam's new swizzles, short and long. Acquired this weekend.

PNG style, the front side says Trader Sam's

Back says Disneyland Hotel.


DC

Nice!
Did they just get these in?
I was there a few weeks ago to get a drink and score the new mugs but didn't check to see if they had swizzles...D'oh!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
SK

My collection. Not all are tied to restaurants/bars

Here are some swizzles that the nice gentlemen at Oceanic Arts in Whittier gave me after I purchased some stuff.
It's hard to read, but the back of them says,'Oceanic Arts Whittier, CA Tropical Decor'.

U

Has anyone sorted their swizzle sticks by categories? If so what categories do you use? Thanks. Also matchbooks?

I think the categories are tiki, shoe box full of non-tiki and some non-tiki that just looks good. :)

U

I guess that's a good first level split:

tiki and non-tiki :)

Now what?

Pages: 1 2 85 replies