Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Things that are the yam.

Pages: 1 19 replies

H

This is the yam.

This is also the yam.

T

I've been making sweet potato hash browns a lot lately. Those are totally the yam.

H

On 2008-11-02 06:31, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I've been making sweet potato hash browns a lot lately. Those are totally the yam.

It seems that most people get confused as to what is a sweet potato and what is a yam!

Sweet Potato vs. Yam

"I yam what I yam" - popeye

It seems that most people get confused as to what is a sweet potato and what is a yam!

Sweet Potato vs. Yam

Cool. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Yams are rarely found in the U.S. I never knew.

I know Sweet Potatoes are high in fiber. How is the fiber content in yams? I think there are many Tiki folks that can use some fiber in their diet. I yam pro fiber!!

H

I'm down with high fiber too! Yams and sweet potatoes are almost identical in dietary fiber content. Averaging about 3.0g of fiber per 100g of yam or sweet potato. How cool is that!

And considering that in North America, sweet potatoes are often known as yams, we will not discriminate. So with that in mind I present these beauties:

MN

Here are some yams. Please note the coat hanging in the middle of the room. :o

H

On 2008-11-02 15:52, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Here are some yams. Please note the coat hanging in the middle of the room. :o

YES!!! Now we're talking. Who doesn't love huge yams?!

i yam a yankee doodle dandy

H

The yam as the artist's muse...

http://yamartmuseum.com/Yams.html

TM

H

Babies like 'em too!

THAT LAST KID HAS A GLAZED LOOK IN HIS EYES!
GLAZED YAAAAAAAAAMS! mmmm!

H

:lol:

T

Carring a bowl of yams!

Putting them in the yam house~

TM

On 2008-11-03 12:52, lucas vigor wrote:

I still think Hellen Mirren is yam. She is in her 60's. My grandma didn't look like that!!

i was considering starting a thread on things that are the yom, but i am not an expert on those holidays so i let it go.

H

On 2008-11-06 07:19, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2008-11-03 12:52, lucas vigor wrote:

I still think Hellen Mirren is yam. She is in her 60's. My grandma didn't look like that!!

Hmmm, are you positive? It might be a bit hard to tell exactly what's under that bikini, and I did find this article:

Helen Mirren Grabs Two SAG Awards

Pages: 1 19 replies