Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off... any takers??

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies

I sent 2 packages 2 weeks ago priority and only one of my giftees has contacted me concerning its arrival, not wanting to ruin any surprise, I have not contacted them....

Is it okay to PM them now asking for a confirmation??

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2008-12-24 06:05 ]

I PM'd my intended recipient....

Both of the mugs I sent arrived safely!
Merry Christmas to all!

My package from Bogielocks arrived a couple of days ago. He sent a Maui-Kauai mug and Xeno. (It's my first Rum Demon mug.) He also included some Hale Tiki swizzles, cocktail decorations and a fabulous Don the Beachcomber coaster.
Thank you so much, Rick.

T

Sorry it took so long to post the pic.

Thanx to Alii Tiki for a great box of goodies. Happy Holidays

Day 16...
Won't make it to the mailbox today...
Too weak... and it's Sunday...
Fighting to... keeps hope alive...
Must fight urge to remain in fetal position all day...
Must... make contact with other people somehow...
Waiting, waiting... no longer remember what for...

Hey Bongo, I really hope you get your stuff. But I have to admit I'm enjoying your sorrowful posts. Kinda cruel, eh?

You know there's going to be a big celebration when Bongo's package finally arrives...

Big Kahuna wrote:

Sent a package on a loooonnnggggg journey today. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas!

Was the BK the secret Santa for Bongo? And if so just where was BK when this exchange started, in Antarctica? :lol: Or who else could have been lucky enough to have us all wondering what has happened to Bongo's exchange?

I can't wait to see what was gifted. :lol:

Well I just went back an re-read this entire thread and I see now it wasn't the BK, so who was it? And where is it, could it be the one who went on vacation and wont' be posting until they get back. What's that 2 more weeks? I feel for you bongo, but like I said before, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT! :lol: :lol:

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-12-28 12:08 ]

On 2008-12-28 04:39, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Day 16...
Won't make it to the mailbox today...
Too weak... and it's Sunday...
Fighting to... keeps hope alive...
Must fight urge to remain in fetal position all day...
Must... make contact with other people somehow...
Waiting, waiting... no longer remember what for...

Bongo, you're not alone (well maybe on the "fetal position" thing!) I too am waiting...

Although I find Bongo's musings very entertaining, I wouldn't have left him hanging this long! I hope you luck improves this week! Rick, I hate to put a negative spin on this wonderful exchange you've set up, but maybe you should take note of the offending parties & politely decline any future offers of participation or just hook them up with each other!

I too find Bongo's musings very entertaining, and I've reassured him that his trade has been sent. I've been tracking it for a week or so now. I didn't want to ruin the surprise, but I have offered up the number to Bongo, but haven't sent it to him.

If we do this again, I will tighten up on the shipping restrictions and not have the final ship date too close to the holiday.

Cheers!

Rick

L

Hey I am the one on the 3 week vacation and my trade was already sent and received to Mrs Tiki Pug thank you very much.

Bongo I hope you get your package sometime before the Spring cleaning trade is attempted!

On 2008-12-28 19:28, leleliz wrote:

Bongo I hope you get your package sometime before the Spring cleaning trade is attempted!

Ha!Ha! I hadn't thought of THAT! I could get one mug exchange behind!

T

I wonder if my package arrived down to Cali.?? Didn't hear anything and didn't see anything posted here.
Hmmm.....

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2008-12-29 09:21 ]

On 2008-12-29 09:19, TabooDan wrote:
I wonder if my package arrived down to Cali.?? Didn't hear anything and didn't see anything posted here.
Hmmm.....

That package wasn't headed for Long Beach was it?

Hmmm.....

Was that package headed for Long Beach?

OK, somebody's long awaited package arrived today and he has yet to brag about it...

Bongo????

On 2008-12-29 22:27, Bogielocks wrote:
OK, somebody's long awaited package arrived today and he has yet to brag about it...

Bongo????

And Bongo B, while you're at it, please explain why/how your email and profile website are tied to this:
http://www.haciendafiesta.com/

You probably explained it once before (owner, employee, fan, all of the above) but I don't remember. Just curious...

... but wait a minute... Brandomoai... do you know me?

T

:o :o

Bongo????

Ok we know it arrived, :D so why are you holding out on us? :evil:

Are you waiting for the New Year? :lol:

It IS a wonderful life! Merry Christmas Mr. Potter! Merry Christmas TC'ers!

Here's my beautiful Beauce Green Moai from Brandomoai!--

All the way from Edmonton, Canada, through the cold, snow and ice! Thank you Brandomoai for the mug, the great collection of swizzles and for the Fun Of The Anticipation! This mug is gorgeous and it connects me in some ways to the first ceramic piece I ever purchased way back in 1976! Thanks again to Bogie for providing all this fun... let's do it again real soon!

Praise the Lord! Yes, I was the "offending party". For the record, I did mail it out by the 10th, but that was still too late for Canada Post to get it down there before Christmas. Sorry for the weeks of suspense, Bongo. I don't know your back-story - is this the first ceramic piece you bought in 1976, or another Beauceware? Either way, it must have been fate. Now, it's my turn. Where's my mug...

T

On 2008-12-29 19:06, SoccerTiki wrote:

Hmmm.....

Was that package headed for Long Beach?

No...Sorry SoccerTiki. Not the one. Hope it arrives soon for you!!

On 2008-12-30 06:52, Brandomoai wrote:
Praise the Lord! Yes, I was the "offending party". For the record, I did mail it out by the 10th, but that was still too late for Canada Post to get it down there before Christmas. Sorry for the weeks of suspense, Bongo. I don't know your back-story - is this the first ceramic piece you bought in 1976, or another Beauceware? Either way, it must have been fate. Now, it's my turn. Where's my mug...

Thanks again, Brandomoai! No offending done, can you tell I was enjoying every day of it? I hope yours arrives soon.

For those of you who worried
(And enjoyed) and felt Bongo's pain
Now can have something else
To worry about again
Let not your heart be troubled
There is more to worry about
The North Pole is now locked up tight
And I have NO present to tout
To lament is not my style
So I left it to another
I wonder now, do I check the mail
Or should I even bother?
A lump of coal wrapped in a box
Woulda thrilled me so
A package from an unkown source
The thrill I'll never know
Spring is 'round the corner
An optomist I'll always be
I'll be again on that fun-filled list
The fun is in the giving, big mahalos to Bogie!

On 2008-12-30 08:00, SoccerTiki wrote:
For those of you who worried
(And enjoyed) and felt Bongo's pain
Now can have something else
To worry about again
Let not your heart be troubled
There is more to worry about
The North Pole is now locked up tight
And I have NO present to tout
To lament is not my style
So I left it to another
I wonder now, do I check the mail
Or should I even bother?
A lump of coal wrapped in a box
Woulda thrilled me so
A package from an unkown source
The thrill I'll never know
Spring is 'round the corner
An optomist I'll always be
I'll be again on that fun-filled list
The fun is in the giving, big mahalos to Bogie!

Soccertiki, he's a poet, don't you know it?!

On 2008-12-30 10:13, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Soccertiki, he's a poet, don't you know it?!

A poet without a Mug! BoooHooo! :(

My great parcel arrived in UK land just before christmas, thanks. Benn away with family over the hols, will post photos in the next couple of days.

Happy New Year to all.

I gotta say Bongo, that is a great mug!

On 2008-12-31 15:54, Big Kahuna wrote:
I gotta say Bongo, that is a great mug!

It surely is! And a sister sent me a couple... so my tiki mug runith over!

Come on you wankers....post photos -- more faux toes!!!

L

Aloha everyone and Happy New Year!

I got home from Florida today after a really exhausting trip and found this sitting on my doorstep. Ya know you got to love my lazy ass postman who doesnt deliver the packages to my apartment complex office when no one is home (as he is supposed to) but instead leaves them sitting out in the open instead. I am so glad that it hadnt been stolen because after the trip I had this cheered me up immensely. Sorry for the group shot but I am so tired that I am heading to bed to sleep off this time change confusion my body is slipping into:

Brief run down.....coconut monkey bank (reminded me of the Kirby necklace), coconut hula monkey, trio of tikis statue, treasure craft foot Maui dish, some swizzles, tiki straw, 2 cds of island music, SHAG cocktail drink deck (love this and didnt have it so I was stoked!), SHAG tissues (I am sick so hooray for them!),SHAG greeting card which I framed and hung already in my SHAG corner, pineapple notepad, Henry Mancini record I didn't have, 2 mugs which are the ones I use quite often and are all chipped so these are nice replacements and came at a great time, and believe it or not a big thing of coconut hand soap which I inhaled a big whiff of to disinfect the smell of Florida from my nostrils and finally Last Supper mints and Booger candy which have nothing to do with tiki but which fits my kitschy/kooky personality to a "T".

I really appreciate your thoughtfulness Tropical Icebergs. The two of you really gave me such a fun package to come home to after almost 12 hours of traveling.

Hope the last few stragglers have received their gifts. This was really fun and I am happy to have participated.

Now off to sleep ---I believe my bed is calling my name :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-01-06 18:56 ]

They say good things come to those who wait! I picked up my package this morning. Just in time for Orthodox Christmas! Thank you so much to Mr. and Mrs. Tropical Icebergs for the sweet haul! My camera isn't working but it looks like I don't have to take a picture because Leleliz got almost the same package. Great wrapping! I think the only difference is that I got some great fridge magnets instead of the notepad. And not a single thing that I already had! Tonight, I'm going to try a new recipe from the Shag drink deck in the parrot mug with the tiki straw and listen to that Henry Mancini album! Does that bring this year's holiday mug exchange to a close?

Nope. We're still waiting for poor SoccerTiki to get his package!

Wer're still pullin' for ya Soccertiki!

"No tiki left behind!" that's our motto!

13 days after Xmas
And out on the lanai
Was a little brown package
Brought a tear to my eye

A recycled box
With some new packaging
Restored hope to my heart
(Made me dance and sing!)

Wrapped very carefully
Was something retired
A "Flame Man Chu" mug
By Tiki Farm,(so admired!)
Some Tiki wine markers
A sticker by Shag
And four tiki coasters
(Some very cool swag!)
Thank you to Staredge
Your gifts were so fine
And thank you to Bogie
Happy 2009!

L

Hooray!

Well worth waiting for!

Hooray!

We shall all finally get a good night's sleep!

(Is it spring yet?)

S

Sorry it took so bloody long. I was running late anyway & then there was a mixup at work. Glad it got there ok.

N
nuKKe posted on Fri, Jan 9, 2009 12:23 AM

P.S. Can't wait for the Easter Moai trade!

Is there an Easter Moai trade?

I heard a rumor that there was going to be an Easter (island) mug swap...

On 2008-12-14 23:30, Sneakytiki wrote:
Easter..... Easter Island themed mug swap, like the craft swap we did, trade moai, other easter island themed mugs?????

Valentines Day?????

Disturbed Peoples Day, LOL!

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2009-01-11 11:39 ]

ill all over that.......

if theres one ....im in......

maybe we should add a little something extra to it...
everyboby send Bogielocks a little something for all the hard work in all of these trades

just a little something ..something that will fit in an envelope.....

just to say thanks....

you just cant find fun and excitment like this just anywhere!

[ Edited by: closettiki 2009-01-09 20:05 ]

It's Easter a little far off for another mug trade? I say we do something sooner!

I'm with Closettiki, I'd be all over an Easter (island) mug swap. I have many a moai to trade.

On 2009-01-10 08:51, Unkle John wrote:
I'm with Closettiki, I'd be all over an Easter (island) mug swap. I have many a moai to trade.

That's my vote too. The Easter Island Moai makes the swap just a little bit different.

It's Sunday morning and I don't remember when I have laughed so hard!! Thanks for this post and great idea, I want in next Christmas for sure. I already know what I want to give (I kind of skimmed over the rules to see what everyone got, and waited and waited and waited for)... This looks so fun, I can't wait for Christmas :)

Just when you thought this thread was dead & gone, I'm gonna give it one last gasp. It seems tobunga has decided to end this thread with one big, sweet exclamation point! Some of you may remember, my mug showed up in several pieces, but my secret Santa, (tobunga), was so generous otherwise, that I was thrilled with my package anyway. Well, apparently, he wasn't so thrilled. Today, I get an unannounced & unexpected package. I recognized the sender immediately & began to get excited. I carefully cut open the package, (no rattling this time), to see what was inside. This is what I found:

coupla napkins, a little Damon's calendar & a bunch of way kool Eric October Tiki valentines all tucked neatly into this guy:

The funny thing is, last night, whilst perusing TC, I came across an image of The Goof & decided I had to find a way to get one of those mugs. God's honest truth! And today he's on my doorstep. The Tiki gods were listening! Eric, thanks again, man. Completely unnecessary, but greatly appreciated. I hope someday, we can meet for a Mai Tai, my treat!
Mahalo,
Rick

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies