Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off... any takers??

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies

LT

On 2008-12-11 15:08, Tiki Royale wrote:

Woo hoo! I found a special something on my porch today...

Love that Moai mug!

Jackpot!

Straight from Vegas, Mrs. TikiPug sent me all kinds of goodies. Check 'em out!

A selection of stickers, a selection of stirrers, an awesome shot glass, a drink koozie, a Kahiki Mug, a Kahiki card and an awesome Hard Rock/Shag shirt.

Thank you Mrs. TikiPug. You made my weekend!

This glass arrived today from Clint in MI....not sure what your TC handle is. And yes, this is something I did not have. Mahalo and Happy Holidays!

T

Happy Holidays

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2008-12-13 20:01 ]

L

On 2008-12-12 17:55, teaKEY wrote:
A lot of common mugs so far. Good thing the recievers don't have them already. :D

Well if everyone says they don't have their gifted mugs already then I guess they aren't as "common" as you think.

Why even make such a comment anyways?

I for one have seen a lot of great thoughtful gifts that I would of been more than happy to have received. It has been great to see the pics.

Hey folks...

Great looking mug trades!! I received mine from Psycho Tiki D the other day, and it rocks! I'll post some pics tomorrow. I've been a little under the weather the past few days.

Ok, let's get to who's should be on the lookout..

Closettiki
Bongo Bungalow
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Big Kahuna
Taboo Dan
tobunga
Tropical Icebergs

Tiki Kate, your trader has told me to tell you they're running late but have no fear it will be there.
Really, that's what they said..

Until tomorrow...

Rick

LT

A big box arrived from the very generous Tiki Shaker a few days ago with lots of goodies! :tiki:

Let's see, we've got:

• An Appleton Estate Mug from Tiki Farm (someone must have attended the Tiki Magazine show at the Planet Rooth Gallery).

• A Coco Joe's Kanaloa tiki with red eyes.

• A package of cool tiki themed party napkins.

• Matchbooks: The Harbor Restaurant in Santa Barbara; Safari Steak House at the Sheraton Waikiki and a mini-book from the Captain's Table in Los Angeles.

• Some nice vintage postcards. Two are particularly interesting as they are from two seperate trips taken by the same family, one in '58 and the other in '63.

• A nice old Creme de Cacao bottle; frosted glass with island characters printed in gold and orange.

• A Ku mug of unknown origins; anyone recognized this guy?

• Some Aces Party Picks. These are pretty cool; each pick is topped with either a Club, Heart, Diamond or Spade.

All in all, some very interesting pieces from a very generous Tiki Shaker!
Thanks and Mele Kalikimaka!! :drink:

I received both of my trades this week and will post pic's shortly.

Thanks so much!
ST

Thanks loltiki!!! This is great!

On 2008-12-12 18:23, leleliz wrote:

On 2008-12-12 17:55, teaKEY wrote:
A lot of common mugs so far. Good thing the recievers don't have them already. :D

Well if everyone says they don't have their gifted mugs already then I guess they aren't as "common" as you think.

Why even make such a comment anyways?

I for one have seen a lot of great thoughtful gifts that I would of been more than happy to have received. It has been great to see the pics.

TeaKey-Seriously...we didn't participate in this hoping to get a Steve Crane Bird Bowl...We did this to share in the aloha and holiday spirit...sheesh, I guess Scrooge really does exist. Leleliz is right-it's the thought that counts-all these gifts have been really nice. And, by the way, you spelled recEIvers wrong...if you are going to rag on someone, at least spell it right.

Mrs. Tikipug

[ Edited by: Mrs. TikiPug 2008-12-13 10:01 ]

T

Spread the love this Holiday Season

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2008-12-13 20:04 ]

you just don't get it

LT

On 2008-12-13 09:47, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:

My pleasure! I'm glad to see that it arrived safely. Enjoy!

If I get one I already have, then that's one more mug I can drink Mai Tais out of!
I do this for the fun of it. Hopefully, I'll get that Ren Clark Severed Head!

On 2008-12-13 10:50, teaKEY wrote:

Ps. Maybe next time their should be a group A and a group B. If you are new and still need a lot of the more common.

Haven't got mine yet... I hope it isn't something I "need", 'cause that would be new underwear and I really don't want tiki friends buying me underwear. :wink:

CJ

I hope Teakey get's a mug made of coal

L

Bongo maybe if you were lucky you could be in Group A and get the silk boxers instead of Group B where you would get the more "common" tighty whiteys.So see a tiki underwear trade wouldn't be so bad as long as you specified what group you wanted to be a part of!

I wouldn't worry CoCo one great blessing from the tiki gods this year was the fact that TeaKey wasn't part of this holiday mug exhange anyways so no one had to deal with sending him something directly. Lucky us!

Maybe there could be a coal mug made as a tribute to him for next year.....

CJ

Santa must be real

Maybee they're coold bee a groop A and a groop B an a groop D an a groop C (in alhplabetac order) an groop D could gvie groop A a tiki that a guy in his mid-twenties who still lives at home with his parentz wouldn't say is commoner and groop C could teach that same guy to spell werds an groop A could give groop C some silk tiki boxers....
I like ATV and colekt tiki mugz.

There once was a giant baby named (??????)
Whose large frame and small brain were freaky

His IQ was as small as his body was tall
and his heart was as small as his pee pee.

I'm sure others like myself took the time to peruse ooga mooga or the member's photos to try to send someone something they did not have. That, and whether I had a duplicate, and the member's preference in mugs were what I took into consideration. It was no accident that people did not get duplicate mugs.

The package, the surprise, the fun of giving, these are the things the mug swap are about.

I only thank TIKI I didn't receive a mug made by you know who... rare doesn't always mean valuable.

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2008-12-13 15:00 ]

Boxer briefs, please!

I got my package from TIKIPAKA today. It's awesome. I'll post pics tomorrow.
As far as all this stupid common vs. group vs. x-mas spirit and all that... pure comedy. I did it for the fun and to show a little aloha spirit. I'm pretty sure that's why everyone does it. I'll take a mug I've got already in a heart beat. Hell, I'm tempted to take stuff to work with me and mail it to myself just because it's so fun getting stuff delivered. Anyone who wants to find fault with the trade-off in any way can pound sand for all I care.
Like I said, pictures tomorrow.
Cheers to all.

T

On 2008-12-13 12:30, Coco Joe wrote:
I hope Teakey get's a mug made of coal

I'm sure he's already thought about making one. In fact he came up with the idea for one first!

Wait a minute! This guy's busting our chops & he didn't even participate?!?!?
Someone needs a hug!

T

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2008-12-14 05:32 ]

TC folks, lets drop the negativity and focus back on the fun of this event. Now who got something today? We need some more pictures of the packages! Still waiting by the door for mine.

DC

T

Quote:

On 2008-12-13 09:47, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:

My pleasure! I'm glad to see that it arrived safely. Enjoy!

LOL Tiki!

LOL Tiki, what's not to love we that gift of yours?, and Isn't that a print done by Heather Watts? I love her work. I have a few my self and I'm now waiting on one of her latest pieces. Great job.

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-12-14 01:25 ]

I received from the Bongofury's:

Rincon Room Tikifarm mug for their bar, 2 tikitony fliers, Gotiki necklace, Able Team tiki book, one Hawaiian CD and one surf rock CD, vintage luau matchbook, vintage Edmonton Beachcomber swizzle, old style OA swizzle, Tiki... Killing Soon DVD (YES!!!) and a Mai Kai Gents sticker!!!!

Thank you soooo much, the card is also SWELL!!!

I did not have any of it, glad to have all of it! You ROCK!

I also received from Rantiki and Lynn McTiki An Exotic christmas card with Heather Watts artwork, some nifty drink umbrellas, A KEEN Tiki bowl, a Gotiki pendant, a Tikifarm swizzle, and a ZAZZY shrunken head!!!!

Thanks a HEAP!!! Again, didn't have this mug, and the extras were so thoughtful and outstanding!!

This has been a blast!

Mahalo nui nui and Aloha to you!
Mele Kalikimaka and Happy Solstice to all!

ST

[ Edited by: sneakytiki 2008-12-14 11:37 ]

LT

On 2008-12-14 01:24, tikipaka wrote:

LOL Tiki, what's not to love we that gift of yours?, and Isn't that a print done by Heather Watts? I love her work. I have a few my self and I'm now waiting on one of her latest pieces. Great job.

The print is actually a Christmas card by Heather Watts. From a velvet titled "South Pacific Santa", it's mounted on a piece of matting which is in turn mounted onto the card stock and she's hand-written the name of the piece and printed her name just below the matting.

Here's the stuff I got from TIKIPAKA.
3 great mugs,2 Trader Vic's swizzles and some Kahiki napkins. A truly generous gift.
Top-notch! I'm really gratefull and can hardly wait to do this again. We need to pick some more holidays to exchange stuff!

Thanks again to all involved with such a fun idea!
Happy Holidays!

T

*On 2008-12-14 12:06, Matt Reese wrote:*We need to pick some more holidays to exchange stuff!

Arbor Day? Secretary's Day?

Easter..... Easter Island themed mug swap, like the craft swap we did, trade moai, other easter island themed mugs?????

Valentines Day?????

Disturbed Peoples Day, LOL!

AT

Got mine a few days ago - but only now have a chance to post here.
Baby girl is so much work, who knew our parents did so much for us.

Anyhow Mahalos to Dustycajun - a very cool package with some neat stuff inside for me.

Look what I got ...

On 2008-12-14 23:30, Sneakytiki wrote:
Easter..... Easter Island themed mug swap, like the craft swap we did, trade moai, other easter island themed mugs?????

You know... I'd be up for that!

Hey folks, took me a day longer to get over this bug. Now on to that great package sent from the left coast by Psycho Tiki D..

PTD tells me that the mugs were from a Saturday out with some friends. He must have had a good time cause I think he mailed me his car keys..

In this package we have a reproduction Hinky Dinks menu, a Forbidden Island bumper sticker, some Beachcomber matches, picks, and stirrers from Canada eh.

Now the mugs...

A Forbidden Island mug and a Conga Lounge mug..

All topped off with a great Shag card.

THANK YOU!! PTD You rock!

PS- Just kidding about the car keys. If you're missing them, I don't have em.

My package just arrived! I was sitting on the computer reading through posts on TC and ordering some Christmas presents from Trader Vic's when I got a knock at the door. Couldn't have been more perfect timing. I ripped right into it and loved everything inside! Didn't have a single item in my package. I will post pics tonight.

Thank you, Soccer Tiki!

On 2008-12-15 09:14, Bogielocks wrote:
Hey folks, took me a day longer to get over this bug. Now on to that great package sent from the left coast by Psycho Tiki D..

PTD tells me that the mugs were from a Saturday out with some friends. He must have had a good time cause I think he mailed me his car keys..

In this package we have a reproduction Hinky Dinks menu, a Forbidden Island bumper sticker, some Beachcomber matches, picks, and stirrers from Canada eh.

Now the mugs...

A Forbidden Island mug and a Conga Lounge mug..

All topped off with a great Shag card.

THANK YOU!! PTD You rock!

PS- Just kidding about the car keys. If you're missing them, I don't have em.

Found my car keys, but did you find a cat? Glad to hear it made it safely!

Are you going to update the list? I have not seen my name come up yet!

PTD

On 2008-12-15 06:11, Alii Tiki wrote:
Got mine a few days ago - but only now have a chance to post here.
Baby girl is so much work, who knew our parents did so much for us.

Anyhow Mahalos to Dustycajun - a very cool package with some neat stuff inside for me.

Alii Tiki,

Sounds like you got two gift packages this week! Congratulations on your new baby girl. Glad the package arrived safely and that you enjoyed it.

DC

Congrats Alii tiki! A new baby at Christmas is wonderful!

8T

I didn't get a note with my package and there wasn't a return address on the package so I have sort of played detective and I believe my trader is Tikiracer.

Here's what I received:

A great Tiki Racer PISTONIKI mug

A copy of the Pocketiki magazine (so I can see what the tiki scene across the pond is up to) Drink and food menus from Kukui Oxford restaurant.

A very cool resin Marquesan pendant, South London Pacific Post Card, TikiRacer Decal and Coasters from Koniki Bar Polinesia in Bacelona, Spain!
Also got a cool Maori style decal that wouldn't photo.

Thanks to Steve (Tikiracer) for all the Euro goodies!!!

I once was lost............but now I'm found

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki 2008-12-15 18:07 ]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This Hot Rod guy needs one of those PISTONIKI MUGS! Everyday I come home hoping there's a package on my front steps. Maybe tomorrow!

R

Got a great package from TikiHula the other day, with a bunch of stuff I didn't have.
Really nice looking Conga Lounge Mug, a ton of cool tiki umbrella/lanterns for my mugs, a Tiki Tony pendant, another nice pendant made by someone with initials T.K. (not sure who that is) and a Forbidden Island bumper sticker.

What fun this has been!

Thanks TikiHula!!

I received my package from Canada on Friday. I've taken some pics and will be uploading them soon. Looks like it came from Aubrey Hallis from what I can surmise from the return address, but no screen name indicated. There were a couple great tiki mugs one ceramic and one wooden with a handle. With the mugs were some swizzle sticks, a custom ceramic mini tiki mask along with some other goodies. The pics will explain more later.

Thanks Eh, and Mele Kalikimaka!

Kalewikiki

[ Edited by: Kalewikiki 2008-12-15 23:21 ]

I love this time of year! Great stuff being shipped from all over.

Here's the latest updated list..

Catmomma
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Kate
Psycho Tiki D
TikiPug
Dusty Cajun

That's it for tonight...

Rick

Another day and still no package at the Bungalow door.
Maybe next year.
I guess Santa's forgotten us again...
Because, "We're all mis-fits!"

We're on the Island of Mis-Fit Toys
Tiki mugs and Mai Tai joys.
We like to listen to Exotica noise,
Oh, when will our present arrive?

Alright! Somebody needs to post some pix. I know some of you must be getting your schwag....

I took pics, but haven't had time to upload them. However, today I was told not to go into work due to the winter storm coming in. I will get to them today.

15 days since the gift swap started swapping and still Bongo has an empty mailbox... Darn... The truth is I expected as much 'cause I haven't been a very good boy this year:

-I sometimes hid tiki items at the thrift stores so I could come back for them later. That's bad.
-There's been a few times I drank my Mai Tai without bothering with the garnish. That's really bad.
-Some days I didn't even once check out Tiki Central. I know that's bad.
-I started this one post without doing a good job searching first for similar posts. That's seriously bad.
-I visited my brother in Florida north of Palm Beach and didn't make the drive to the Mai Kai. That's too bad.
-I listened to some Jimmy Buffett music. That's certainly bad.
-I've described my tiki office decor as finished even though the ceiling is still white. That sure is bad.

Yep, yep, yep... you can see I could have been better...
Next year, I'm gonna be really, really good for next year...
Can't wait for next year...

my trade arrived today.......thank you Tiki Kupcake
a very cool decorated box with tiki tape........
......a SQUID SCULL.....did not have one....now i do....COOOOOLL
....A SMALL BOTTLE OF RUM....ill make a drink shortly....
SOME VERY COOL SWIZZLES........ill be mixing that drink with them.......
HAWAIIAN HOST MACADAMIA NUTS......dark chocolate covered...my favorite....
and,,,,PARTY SKEWERS...........

THANK YOU TIKI KUPCATE......
I SHALL ENJOY

im digging this trade

closettiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 239 replies