Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Wonderland III Dec.6 @ the Tonga Hut

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 13, 2008 9:56 AM

Flyer art based on Squid's art for Tiki Wonderland I.

Artists: Danny Gallardo, Heather Watts, Dave Cohen, Suzanne Mosher, Ken "the rooster" Ruzic, Tony Murphy, and Eric October.

P.S. Heather Watts won't be there in person, but her art will.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-18 23:12 ]

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-30 22:55 ]

Cool lineup, should be a fun night.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 13, 2008 10:06 AM

Thanks. GROG look forward to seeing the new Tiki Magazine Nov. 21 at Damon's. Nice line-up of artists there as well.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-13 10:08 ]

Isn't it the same line-up? :lol:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 13, 2008 10:20 AM

Nope. A few overlappers.

HOORAY FOR OVERLAPPERS!

C

On 2008-11-13 10:49, little lost tiki wrote:
HOORAY FOR OVERLAPPERS!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My Eyes, My Eyes!!!!!!!

sorry Caroline!
My marine Corps cammie pants don't fit like they used to!
:lol:

I don't recognize any of the artists. Are they any good?

Nope...

Crap!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 14, 2008 8:50 AM

That's some pretty strong crticism there B. Ben. They may not be the BEST artists in the world, but surely they're not CRAP. That would be a Ruzic one-man show, but we've got other GOOD artists in the show to balance it out.

way to go Ernie!
1 "Crap" artist
and 5 "Good" artists....
When is the Tonga Hut gonna host
some "Great" artists?
:lol:

Tonga Hut needs to host that crappy artist
who hacks out those BambooBen comics
with the same tired plots!
what's his name again?
:)

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-11-14 12:50 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 15, 2008 10:38 AM

On 2008-11-14 10:14, little lost tiki wrote:
Tonga Hut needs to host that crappy artist
who hacks out those BambooBen comics
with the same tired plots!
what's his name again?

Kirby.

T

"Hacks out those BambooBen comics with the same tired plots!"

They're so bad that they are funny. Don't change a thing, not that we have to worry :wink: But just imagine if you added the humor of a Ken Ruzic character to the mix.

Great snowman pic up there. You made snow look as if it contained calories.

Great Flyer Ken .

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 18, 2008 10:46 PM

This just in: We're excited to announce that Tobunga A.K.A. Eric October will also be selling his wares at the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland art show. He's a great addition to an already great line up of artists (except Kinny). If you haven't seen Tobunga's art, check out his thread: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28069&forum=18&start=75

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-19 08:50 ]

YAY!
Tobunga's in the HIZZY!
FO' SHIZZY!

T

On 2008-11-18 22:46, GROG wrote:
This just in: We're excited to announce that Tobunga A.K.A. Eric October will also be selling his wares at the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland art show. He's a great addition to an already great line up of artists (except Kinny). If you haven't seen Tobunga's art, check out his thread: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28069&forum=18&start=75

Well, no-one is more excited than ME!!! YAY!!! I'm honored to be in such a stellar line-up of awesome tiki artists! Including Kinny!

I'm working on some new stuff now, should be ready by showtime!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 20, 2008 11:17 PM

Just got word from Jeremy that DJ Lee will be there pumping out the jams.

So, we've got art, we've got tunes, and we've got alcoholic drinks and friendly people to drink them with. Sounds like a good Saturday night to GROG.

M
mieko posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2008 4:04 PM

Congrats Eric! A GREAT addition to the lineup! Hope I can make it up!

Grog, I am sorry I will miss your fine Tonga Hut party. You always put together such a good time! I'll still be in Vegas that night. But, the snarky postings between you, Ken and Ben (the "Crap" ones) have me laughing harder than I have in weeks. xx Kari

GT

Grog not let Gogo in this year for the Wonderland event, Naughty caveman! Grog gets Nuttin' for Christmas! http://www.brownielocks.com/nothingforchristmas.html

So many talented and great artists in one fabulous spot...I am so in. Let work not hamper my mai tai consumption! Can't wait to see so many of you. I missed Damon's and I can't miss this!

Yay!
after seeing THORs velvet and viewing Robb hamel's work
I decided to do some velvets for the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland Show!
I'll show you two out of the dozen i made for next Saturday!

"SoulMate Cosmos"

"Ermie without makeup"

R

dude-- that clown is what our parents warned us about when we were kids!!freaky

Those paintings are great Ken. Do you want to display your self portrait I bought from you that I have hanging over my fireplace? I hate to part with it but it is art that must be shared with the world .Have a great turkey day and I loved you on the gameshows in the 70's. "Matchgame" was my favorite .

Thanks Ray!
so happy that you my art gives you such pleasure!
Hang onto it-i'm gonna do a new one with my new hairdoo...
for the folks who don't know,
and for comparison....
here's how i look most of the time..

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-11-26 11:00 ]

Hmm.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris 2008-11-26 14:23 ]

Also not for sale
but I'll bring it
is my most cherished black velvet masterwork
in memory of Rudy Ray Moore
who just passed away recently...

T

Wow, all this cool velvet art... makes me feel bad about my boring non-velvet work...

Well, here's some pix of new stuff I'll have at the show... I can't wait for showtime, but I really need the time to finish up some other stuff that I hope to debut that night!

This is a little box that I painted with tapa cloth designs. I made three little lino-cut prints of tiki faces to go in the window. (I couldn't decide which one of the three to make, so I made them all)

This is a set of buttons based on the March Of The Tiki Gods painting I did.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post more stuff soon!

Yay Tonga Hut!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Nov 28, 2008 3:52 PM

bastard....
i am swooning before your Aztec headdress
and Photoshoppe skillz...
nice legs Ernie!

B

ooooh, i'm FEELIN' that frozen wave!!!

damn, i guess i will have to go...

And may have some top-secret, super-limited, contraband BigToe swag hot off the cooling rack.

mums the word. say no more. wink wink, nudge nudge.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Nov 29, 2008 2:24 AM

Nice self-portrait you painted on black velvet, Kinny.

Gearing up for this great event. I will be bringing my OKI OKI artist proofs (only 15) in my custom glaze $ 50.00 and my Skull Trader in it's new color which there will only be a max of 50 made.

DOLEMITE !!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2008-11-29 10:16 ]

On 2008-11-28 15:52, GROG wrote:

I was upset about having to miss this because of work but after seeing the poster I will be there to see this for myself. Thursday night for Tiki Bar TV and back Saturday for... Hey, whatever you two want to do... I mean...
But really I am going for the art.

This painting of the party that Atomkitty painted! Perfect gift! One for my girlfriend and one for me to remind us of each other, family, friends and good times. I love this painting Susy! Great work.

Look forward to seeing the rest of you great artists too! Try to start a little earlier than 7pm. It gets dark at 5pm and I'll bet Ana and Jeremy wouldn't mind would they?

There's some about these two pictures that I can't quite put my finger on?

LT

On 2008-11-28 15:52, GROG wrote:

Can I get a signed copy?

LT

On 2008-11-29 10:16, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Gearing up for this great event. I will be bringing my OKI OKI artist proofs (only 15) in my custom glaze $ 50.00 and my Skull Trader in it's new color which there will only be a max of 50 made.

DOLEMITE !!!!!!!!

Oooh! Any pics?

GT

That was an Awesome! Painting that you did Kinny, Cindy Lou and Mark are very happy!

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2008-11-30 07:08 ]

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 30, 2008 4:06 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-30 23:01 ]

That is excellent Ernie!

Live long and prosper.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 30, 2008 5:25 PM

Post number 2400.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-11-30 17:32 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 30, 2008 6:12 PM

On 2008-11-30 16:06, GROG wrote:

dude.. grog, your my hero..

just kidding. I hate you!!!!

R

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: x forever!!!!!!!

OMFG.

Grog. You. Are. My. Hero.

GRRRRRRR!

LT

Ooooh, It's On, Like Donkey Kong!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies