Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Wonderland III Dec.6 @ the Tonga Hut

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

R

I dunno man, Grog is like leading by a million points!

That last photoshop was a good 1.5 at best....

:lol:

Guess I'll just toss in the hat and post sad snowmen til the show....

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 1:33 PM

Are you giving away more puppies?

No Ernie, but i am giving away this lovely GROG snow sculpture!
Just got it loaded onto the back of my pickup....
Hope it don't melt before the show!

Also been carving some holiday Tikis for the show too! :)

Hey Guys,

Mike here posting in the guise of Heather.

She's hard at work on a velvet commission at the moment so I'm posting her stuff for her :)

Heather has a few velvets, some handmade jewelry and other goodies going to the event and we thought we'd give everyone a preview! Sorry we can't be there in person.

"Nocturnal Jungle Tiki"
Acrylic on Velvet with Rhinestones
5" x 7"

"Lil' Paddlers"
Acrylic on Velvet with Rhinestones
3" x 8"

"Pele"
Acrylic on Velvet
10" x 14"

She is also sending handmade pendants

You can read about them here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=26675&forum=18&start=30
Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

She'll also be sending a limited number of handmade seagrass Christmas cards featuring an image of her "South Pacific Santa" velvet painting.

DJ Lee will also be bringing some of the Robert Drasnin Picture Discs. You can see them here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29408&forum=12&vpost=400173&hilite=Heather%20Watts%20Picture%20Disc

And to round things out she also decided to send some prints, earrings, postcards and team tiki t-shirts (featuring the image of her velvet painting "The Drummer") but you'll have to go to the event to see them! Can't wait to see pics of the event. Have fun guys!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 11:24 PM

GROG got the package of Heather's art today, and it is some gorgeous stuff.

Heather and Suzy(Atomikitty) are the only two female artists in the show, but do you know what else they have in common? Neither one will be there!! GROG got a call from Atomikitty today, and apparently Adam (not knowing Suzy's schedule) decided to surprise her with tickets to Hawaii this week. Now, for some reason Suzy would rather go to Hawaii for a week rather than stay here for an art show at the Tonga Hut. Can you believe that? While we're here drinking, socializing, and having fun, poor Suzy will be stuck drinking, socializing, and having fun...... IN HAWAII!!!! DAMN YOU SUZY!!! TAKE GROG WITH YOU!!!!! ADAM, Suzy needs to stay here and sell her art! GROG willing to take her place!

So, in conclusion, Atomikitty (lucky b*#ch) will be in Hawaii, so don't look for her to be selling her crap at the show.

But we still have a bunch of great art for everybody from a bunch of artists who AREN'T lucky enough to go to Hawaii and are stuck here selling their crap. So come on down to the Tonga Hut and buy some of their stuff so that one day maybe they'll be able to go to Hawaii.

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-12-01 23:51 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 1, 2008 11:47 PM

GROG drove by Ruzic's house the other day, and this is the snowman that Kinny had made in his yard.

WOW!
Great new stuff Heather!
and Suzy.... :(
we're gonna miss you!
Guess it's gonna be a BOYS NIGHT OUT!
have Fun in Hawaii...

and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

WHEN LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES.....

AND NOW, FOR THE CONTINUING SAGA ...
PART DEUX OF
THE MADCAP ADVENTURES OF KINNY AND ERNIE!

STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT HARROWING EPISODE!
WILL ERNIE BE CRUSHED?
WILL KINNY GET A HEAD COLD?
OR A BRAIN FREEZE?
STAY TUNED!

the madcap adventures of Kinny and ernie
has been brought to you by....

ZIPFIZZ energy drink!
keeping artists everywhere in a perpetual state of AMP!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 9:17 AM

Meanwhile, back at the ZIPFIZZ production facilities, GROG is busy making up a new batch for shipment to Kinny's studio.

special batch of Zipwhiz

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Can y'all tell that GROG and i are too busy to make new flyers?

Oh well,Recycling is IN these days!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-12-02 11:44 ]

O

Hanford,

Move to bilge. These two are out of control. No wonder Suzy made up the story she did.

Don't MAKE us put YOU on a flyer Tim!

On 2008-12-02 11:59, little lost tiki wrote:

Imagine throwing up egg nog into that toilet.
oh Joy of Joys

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2008 11:48 PM

Kinny has always been such a potty mouth!

O

On 2008-12-02 13:44, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2008-12-03 12:25, Ojaitimo wrote:

On 2008-12-02 13:44, little lost tiki wrote:

Oh Heck no!
Not that piece of art, don't you dare desecrate that one.

I'll be poppin' in for some art and drinks...not necessarily in that order!

With all these people skilled in photoshop, I'd hate to be on anyone's naughty list!

B there or B Square!

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Dec 3, 2008 8:04 PM

Now that is a funny comic.

Ahhhh...... brings back memories of Tonga Hut Winter Wonderlands of decades & decades ago... sigh*... OK I'LL SEE YA THERE FUNNY BOYS! Who else in in for the count? Bump!

CJ

On 2008-12-04 00:18, Hiphipahula wrote:
Ahhhh...... brings back memories of Tonga Hut Winter Wonderlands of decades & decades ago... sigh*... OK I'LL SEE YA THERE FUNNY BOYS! Who else in in for the count? Bump!

I'm going to try and make it. My pockets are pretty dry but I have a girlfriend and tiki sh!t makes me spend money I aints gots.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 1:04 AM

S
squid posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 4:25 AM

I'll be there but I hope Grog and LLT will BOTH be funnier than they think they are. Oh well, after I have a couple of Voodoo Juices, all y'all gonna be funny! :D

BB

On 2008-12-04 00:26, Coco Joe wrote:
I'm going to try and make it. My pockets are pretty dry but I have a girlfriend and tiki sh!t makes me spend money I aints gots.

Welcome to Tiki Central Coco Joe! :lol:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 9:37 AM

Teakey and LLT have convinced GROG it's time to retire the Bamboo Ben comic. Nick probably needs the space for more ads or stories anyways. Maybe now they'll have room to post other pictures of stuff that happened at Oasis or Hukilau besides just pictures of the bands who played.

S

Uh Oh... maybe you'd better leave the comic in. After all, what happens at Oasis.... oh wait, that's Vegas. Hell I'm confused. Why is it snowing? Where is my Mai Tai? Where the hell am I?

Suzanne

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2008 7:02 PM

Teakey and LLT have convinced GROG it's time to retire the Bamboo Ben comic.

That would make all the sad clowns in the world to become even more depressed. Plus there is at least another comic that isn't even about funny at all and now it seems a plot.

There is one thing that can boost a BBB comic if need be- a talking cat/ talking tiki mug/ and or a cute baby.

and now for a bunch of smiley faces
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

i think teaKey wins in the Funny Contest...
because of his grammar! :lol:

YEE-HAW! Getting all the Goods packed up and ready for the Tonga Hut!
Something for EVERY budget!

In my opinion,if you don't purchase an LLT piece
at these Incredibly insane Prices
then you're either ..
very dumb or very poor
or both....
or not!
Here's some new ones HOT out the Oven!

"Three Faces"

"Crazy naked Maori"

"Green Sun"

"Happy Face"

"the Mischief Maker"

"Moai Moon"

"the Whiner"

"the Surprise"

"the Surprise"

"the Scuffle"

also got's my hair done all Bootipul for the Tonga Hut!

detail

That's it! See y'all Saturday!
YAAAAAAHOOOOOooooOOOOOOooooo!

C

My wife Christine and I are going to try to make a grand Saturday night of it, with dinner (and a Moscow Mule) at the Tam O'Shanter, followed by the Tonga Hut --and then (if we still have enough energy) capping it off later with Deke Dickerson's all-star garage band at the Bordello.

Brent aka Congawa (now also aka Caltiki of the Ding Dong Devils)

P

I was at the Tiki Bar TV party at Tonga Hut last night, and I have to say that the quality of the drinks at Tonga Hut is really improving. The bartenders are starting to get a much better hang of making these drinks. So not only will you be able to enjoy all the great art this weekend, but some enjoyable tiki drinks as well. Come out and support the Tonga Hut!

See you Saturday night.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2008-12-05 10:54 ]

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Dec 5, 2008 1:57 PM

Thanks for the update Paul...I take your drink opinion seriously so I'm very relieved to hear that Tonga Hut's drink quality is coming up to speed. I haven't been there in over a month so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night. I'll be bringing along a couple tiki newbies as well to check out the scene and hopefully buy a few things as well.

Dave, Ernie, Kirby, Paul, Ray, Eric, Cass, Joe, Scott etc - I'll be catching up where we left off at Damons a couple weeks ago.

This is going to be a cool tiki holiday event. I can barely wait the 24+ hours until Saturday evening.

Cheers! Greg

On 2008-12-04 23:26, little lost tiki wrote:

In my opinion,if you don't purchase an LLT piece
at these Incredibly insane Prices
then you're either ..
very dumb or very poor
or both....

You mean like THIS GUY?!?!

No!
actually....
more like this cross-dressing bunjee-jumper
pictured below....

On 2008-12-05 08:19, little lost tiki wrote:

You obviously haven't seen Grog in a while.

On 2008-12-05 10:53, PiPhiRho wrote:
I was at the Tiki Bar TV party at Tonga Hut last night, and I have to say that the quality of the drinks at Tonga Hut is really improving. The bartenders are starting to get a much better hang of making these drinks. So not only will you be able to enjoy all the great art this weekend, but some enjoyable tiki drinks as well. Come out and support the Tonga Hut!

See you Saturday night.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2008-12-05 10:54 ]

I agree about the drinks. I hate to admit it, but for a while I was kind of sticking to beer. The drinks were falling into 2 categories for a while too sweet or too strong.

See ya'll at the TH!

I will try to stop by for awhile before going to a show.

Hmmmmmmm,
I'm very weary about the drinks,
I am hoping that they are getting better.
but how do I get over my anxiety about this?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Fri, Dec 5, 2008 8:33 PM

Last call for Castaway Ceramics Squid mugs pre-order pickups! Email [email protected] if you ordered at the Squid retrospective or at Tiki Oasis.
I'll be sure to have your order there!!! See ya...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 6, 2008 10:12 AM

GROG looking forward to seeing artists and friends tonight at the Tonga Hut and hoisting a few drinks with everybody. GROG will be at a table selling Heather Watts' art, so swing by GROG' table and check out Heather's purdy art.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 6, 2008 11:35 AM

Appearing tonight at the Tonga Hut:

On 2008-12-06 11:35, GROG wrote:
Appearing tonight at the Tonga Hut:

Ok, i'll be there even though Grog has a camel toe.. teehee

i think they should switch Ernie and Kirby on that one...

figgered I'd bring this along if anyone wants it...

LLT #1 Mug-first mug i ever did all by myself
retardingly charming!

I'll also have prints for $5
Coloring Books for $10 (with free crayons-while supplies last!)
And paintings and drawings from $20 to $150!
Something for every budget!
DEALS! DEALS! DEALS!
HOLIDAY BLOWOUT!
See y'all there!
someone bring a camera....
:)

T

What a great night, it was awesome to see and chat with everyone again (even though Damon's was just a couple of weeks ago). Grog, mahalo for coordinating everything. Thanks to the Tonga Hut for hosting such an event, and serving such good drinks! Also, it was a treat to have a visit from Santa Al, giving piggy back rides to one and all. I apologize for not getting around and taking more photos of everyone and everything, I had brought two friends along and was ensuring they were having a good time, which they did.

Great show last night ~

GROG says "Welcome to Tiki Wonderland."

Kirby and Tiki Tony

Squid

Charlie and Mike Jr. showing up was a cool surprise. :)

Little Lost Tiki and Spermy. Little Lost Tiki making a face was no surprise. :roll:

Big Toe, Big Toe's Friend and Ocea Otica.

If anyone wants to get me this Heather Watts print or Tiki Tony painting for Xmas I'd be happy. :down:

Please ignore the dark spots on Tony's painting. My camera is dying.

It's always fun when Crazy Santa Al shows up!

Grog and Tiki Diablo say "Please don't notice the water bottle on the table."

Goodnight!

Very cool blurry Squid pendant

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies